Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
So when do they annonce that shows will happen next year?
Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: December 5, 2012 22:06

Any insights?

Re: So when do they annonce that shows will happen next year?
Posted by: chop ()
Date: December 5, 2012 22:09

On the PPV...if they're going to announce a world tour that will be the time. Largest possible audience to reach

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: December 5, 2012 22:10

I'm hanging on to this tiny thread of hope.

Date: December 6, 2012 05:52

What shows?

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: December 6, 2012 06:02

chop
On the PPV...if they're going to announce a world tour that will be the time. Largest possible audience to reach

Says who? Any Sunday NFL game will have a larger audience to announce. Not saying they would choose that forum but the evening news would have a larger audience than a Stones PPV on a Saturday night during Christmas season.

Date: December 6, 2012 06:11

Haven't yet, but I'm sure Keith is not finished...

Round the clouds, up the sky and maybe even Shanghai...

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: December 6, 2012 06:43

jan/feb

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: December 6, 2012 08:21

Would love to have some tickets for Christmas....auto-gift probably

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: December 6, 2012 09:25

I would love to see them again, but hopefully not before end of February, otherwise I might get into problems with by boss eye popping smiley at work

Posted by: marko ()
Date: December 6, 2012 10:02

they´ll announce each shows at the time,like they did with these 5 gigs.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: December 6, 2012 10:04

There won't be any more shows, no-one's got any £££££££££££££s or $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$s !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 6, 2012 10:07

Grison
I would love to see them again, but hopefully not before end of February, otherwise I might get into problems with by boss eye popping smiley at work

why...doesn't he/she like the stones?

Date: December 6, 2012 10:29

treaclefingers
Grison

why...doesn't he/she like the stones?
Despite of that, I need just much to much holidays sad smiley and mostly on short noticeeye popping smiley . As I am already 1 month away over X-mas, January he surely is not pleased to see me going again for overseas, which is minimum a week.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: December 6, 2012 10:36

april 1
jeroen

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: December 6, 2012 10:37

Ask Charlie Watts!

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: December 6, 2012 10:41

windmelody
Ask Charlie Watts!

Yeah... Charlie worries me, I don't know how he does it right now but he doesn't look like he can do 2.5 hour gigs anymore.

He looks a bit frail and drawn to me.

He's not an enthusiastic tourer.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 6, 2012 10:48

feb/mar

Posted by: ladywilliam ()
Date: December 6, 2012 13:32

They can announce early next year.
But I hope tickets will be sold later. No money and I need to have a break to get stress from looking for tickets.

Posted by: Garbie ()
Date: December 6, 2012 14:44

No problem. In 2013 they will also accept €€€€€€€€€

paulywaul
There won't be any more shows, no-one's got any £££££££££££££s or $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$s !!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 6, 2012 14:49

jazzbass
chop

Says who? Any Sunday NFL game will have a larger audience to announce. Not saying they would choose that forum but the evening news would have a larger audience than a Stones PPV on a Saturday night during Christmas season.

Think youre overlooking the fact that the PPV show is being broadcast worldwide.

Saying that, I doubt they'll make any formal announcement this side of the New Year.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: December 6, 2012 14:53

Gazza
Think youre overlooking the fact that the PPV show is being broadcast worldwide.

Yeah, but how many will actually pay for it and watch it?

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: December 6, 2012 15:06

Gazza
jazzbass
chop

Saying that, I doubt they'll make any formal announcement this side of the New Year.

Gazza do you know if this ppv can be recorded on SKY+ or does it have to be watched live,I have a multi room subscription can i save it on both sky+ boxes if possible I know its difficult to keep these things but i would like to save it for as long as i can till a hard copy becomes available.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: December 6, 2012 15:14

If/When they do, I hope Pittsburgh is a stop.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: December 6, 2012 15:28

I'll see them again in Toronto!!

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: December 6, 2012 15:31

Koen
Gazza

Yeah, but how many will actually pay for it and watch it?

everybody that would be considering to spend hundred of €/$/£ to go to a show next year! That is the best way to reach to targeted audience!

Date: December 6, 2012 16:13

I would like to throw in the following: The Stones have set the standard for their concerts to follow very very high. After such glorious two shows in London and most of all overwhelming reviews even by very critical journalists they have to prove that they can also nail it in the following three shows.

I am pretty sure they will seperate for Seasons vacation and then think about another cluster of concerts. If those are not with invited guests it may be hard to reveil on the same level.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: December 6, 2012 17:03

probably february 2013
jeroen
they need a break after 5 concerts

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 6, 2012 17:06

Yeah it's going to be hard to maintain that level of excitement...one option they have is to get Mick Taylor onboard for all their dates going forward, get him to play on all the tracks of his era, that will add some more excitement and I'll gladly spend the €€€€€€€€€€€€ again ! It seems they had him in London as some kind of "test" and it worked a storm, both for them (look at their grins or Mick's "fantastic" on the 29th and for the audience) so they're taking him to the USA.

Another challenge for them would be to get everyone on their knees in a mini stadium tour too...and they could maintain the gross too albeit at more reasonable levels.

There's little question they"ll be back on the road next year, barring any accidents, the real question is whether they'll have the energy to put out an album before that.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: December 6, 2012 17:21

It stands to reason the approach will be the same as the shows they are doing now.

The springtime also seems logical for the next set of shows.

They don't really need to announce them like before with some big orchestrated presser, that's what the Stones app is for.

As for guests, I reckon you'd have to buy your (outrageously expensive) ticket first then take your chances.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: December 6, 2012 17:31

Gazza
jazzbass
chop

That is a good point that I did overlook. That being said, if/when they do announce, I expect they'll do it in a press conference format so that all the news outlets are alerted and invited, therefore the announcements is promoted in all major news outlets worldwide.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1103
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home