Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

My Obsession - Extended Version
Posted by: mitchmitchell ()
Date: December 10, 2012 23:24

How many people have heard this version? Ian Stewart is really playing some flashy piano . .some of the best I've heard from him.

Brian is nowhere to be heard, unless that is him clapping his hands in the background.

Re: My Obsession - Extended Version
Posted by: micwer ()
Date: December 11, 2012 08:21

That's a sweet version. Thanks for posting.

Posted by: TheDailyBuzzherd ()
Date: December 11, 2012 08:34

Just checked the "recording sessions" log to find Brian missing on many tracks,
including this one. Not far fetched ... always sounded like Keith and Bill all the way.
Big nods to Stu on this strange, wonderful track.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: December 11, 2012 11:45

Brian might have played the hammond organ on this track.

Date: December 11, 2012 12:53

This was the first instrumental track for My Obsession, which was not used in the final product. They recorded a second similar but shorter version which was then used with Jagger and Richard's vocals, which I find a little bit over-bearing. The base riff though and beat is pretty compelling and might have been a bigger hit with better lyrics.

Keith did a lot of Aftermath without Brians help and that may have been the beginning of the end for him.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: December 11, 2012 17:42

Sweeeet.

Posted by: TheDailyBuzzherd ()
Date: December 11, 2012 17:46

Mitch ... we know a little about that, can you be specific? For example, I was fooled
for years into thinking Brian plays electric slide on "... Banquet" 's "Jigsaw Puzzle",
but Stones scholars here proved me clearly wrong. On which tracks does Keith pull a Brian?

Date: December 11, 2012 17:51

Stones are the best...

Date: December 11, 2012 18:45

TheDailyBuzzherd
Mitch ... we know a little about that, can you be specific? For example, I was fooled
for years into thinking Brian plays electric slide on "... Banquet" 's "Jigsaw Puzzle",
but Stones scholars here proved me clearly wrong. On which tracks does Keith pull a Brian?

"Brian Jones increasing drug addiction and abusive relationship with girlfriend Anita Pallenberg allowed him less time in the studio. While he would continue to add his various creative instrumental sounds to the studio tracks his original input was becoming minimal. This would enable Keith Richards to flourish on the guitar."

"Brian Jones' disheveled and ghostly appearance on the cover of Between the Buttons disturbed many of his fans."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-11 18:59 by mitchmitchell.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: December 11, 2012 19:01

Rosie - listen to this and stop being upset. This is what Chuck should be all about.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: December 11, 2012 20:53

mitchmitchell
This was the first instrumental track for My Obsession, which was not used in the final product. They recorded a second similar but shorter version which was then used with Jagger and Richard's vocals, which I find a little bit over-bearing. The base riff though and beat is pretty compelling and might have been a bigger hit with better lyrics.

Incorrect.

It is one and the same backing track as the album version. Vocal overdubs and edited ending are the only main differences.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-11 21:04 by His Majesty.

Date: December 12, 2012 00:43

.. . .

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-12 00:45 by mitchmitchell.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1480
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home