Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Missing opportunity?
Posted by: moonchild57 ()
Date: December 8, 2012 21:51

I don't post much on this forum, but I do enjoy reading all the comments. Been a Stones fan since the mid 60's and so happy to see them so active after 50 years of wonderful music and memories!

Just seems Mick and Keith would take this opportunity to invite Paul McCartney onstage? Think it would be really great for him to join on "I Wanna Be Your Man" (obviously not as the opener) or perhaps a Buddy Holly tune, maybe "Not Fade Away"

Maybe at the 12/12/12 concert?

Thoughts?

Re: Missing opportunity?
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 8, 2012 21:58

it can't be a missed opportunity until it hasn't happened. my thoughts, by stonestod.

Date: December 8, 2012 22:04

true, let's hope it does!

Posted by: thabo ()
Date: December 8, 2012 22:23

moonchild57
I don't post much on this forum, but I do enjoy reading all the comments. Been a Stones fan since the mid 60's and so happy to see them so active after 50 years of wonderful music and memories!

Just seems Mick and Keith would take this opportunity to invite Paul McCartney onstage? Think it would be really great for him to join on "I Wanna Be Your Man" (obviously not as the opener) or perhaps a Buddy Holly tune, maybe "Not Fade Away"

Thoughts?

Yes the thought had also appeared to me, but some how I have the feeling that Paul considers himself to "high" to appear as a mere guest for the "competition". Don't know maybe I'm wrong, just a feeling. But than again why not Ringo Starr? He sang "I Wanna Be Your Man" on the Beatles version of the song. So i think inviting Ringo Starr to sing "I Wanna Be Your Man" together with Mick is more right, Ringo doesn't seem to me to feel himself above us mere mortals. It would just be great and so befitting for one of the Beatles to pay homage to the 50 yrs legacy of their old comrades in arms the Rolling Stones

Posted by: arthritis ()
Date: December 8, 2012 22:24

I don't see the benefit of having Paul M. doing a stones concert. John fit with the stones music better and it would be great to see Lennon onstage with them. But sadly he was killed by a fat queer. Check out footage from Dirty Mac doing "yer blues" from rock&roll circus if you wanna see a beatle with the stones. That song rocked. Unlike the relatively weak stuff that McCartney does as he slowly but surely morphs into Angela Lansbury.

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: December 8, 2012 22:31

moonchild57

Thoughts?

Interesting thought on doing the Buddy Holly tune. If they did that one with Macca onstage, then Macca would get the publishing royalty, since he owns the publishing rights to the BH catalog.

Posted by: talkcheap ()
Date: December 8, 2012 22:35

I think Paul and Keith are pretty close, even if they don't see each othter that much, Keith tells in an interveiew about meeting Paul at Parrot Cay and going to Keiths house and talking about wirting a song together.

Date: December 8, 2012 22:42

Didn't remember that Ringo sang their version of IWBYM, but that would be great!

Date: December 8, 2012 22:44

both groups were influenced by Buddy holly and I think Paul joining for Not Fade Away would rock!

Posted by: thabo ()
Date: December 8, 2012 22:48

Yes it is Ringo

video: [youtu.be]

Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: December 8, 2012 22:54

It's all about marketing, you can't put Beatles and The Stones on the same stage so that the rivalry can continue (good guys - bad guys)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1707
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home