Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Barclay Ctre Q&A
Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: December 6, 2012 17:31

I just came from NYC concert w/ Neil Young & Patti Smith (they rocked!).
Here's my take on the sound, the seating, the centre:
Sound - for Patti it was weak, but they cranked it up for Neil.
We had seats in sections 122 and 22. We paid $150 - I think those same seats are priced around $800 for the Stones. The 122 seats were a bit high-up but not nose-bleed at all. They had a good (albeit far) view of the stage. Two large monitors were hung on either side of the stage. I don't know if they are static - but I'm sure the Stones will have that covered. The 22 seats were excellent for the price. Practically on the floor but elevated enough so you could easily see the stage.
The venue was extremely clean and the lighting was good. No big waits to get inside - plenty of people there to help get you to seats. Lots of places to get a bite or drink inside. Recommend the Cuban sandwiches. NOTE: They stop serving alcohol at 10 p.m. sharp!
Sadly, I didn't have time to stay for the Stones (or the money!). But for all of you going - enjoy! I will definitely see them next year. smoking smiley

Re: Barclay Ctre Q&A
Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: December 6, 2012 17:39

memphiscats

In the music biz, it has been commonplace for ages for the sound engineer to give the opener a poor mix with bad eq and levels and give the opening act the primo mix and volume. (Especially if the headliner is paying the sound engineer) This happens in the small clubs I play all the time and I'm sure it happens on the national level as well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-07 03:53 by jazzbass.

Date: December 6, 2012 17:52

jazzbass
memphiscats

In the music biz, it has been commonplace for ages for the sound engineer to give the opener a poor mix with bad eq and levels and give the opening act the primo mix and volume. (Especially if the opening act is paying the sound engineer) This happens in the small clubs I play all the time and I'm sure it happens on the national level as well.
Wow. That sucks. smoking smileysad smiley

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 7, 2012 00:58

memphiscats
We had seats in sections 122 and 22. We paid $150 - I think those same seats are priced around $800 for the Stones. The 122 seats were a bit high-up but not nose-bleed at all. They had a good (albeit far) view of the stage. Two large monitors were hung on either side of the stage. I don't know if they are static - but I'm sure the Stones will have that covered. The 22 seats were excellent for the price. Practically on the floor but elevated enough so you could easily see the stage.
The venue was extremely clean and the lighting was good. No big waits to get inside - plenty of people there to help get you to seats. Lots of places to get a bite or drink inside. Recommend the Cuban sandwiches. NOTE: They stop serving alcohol at 10 p.m. sharp!
Sadly, I didn't have time to stay for the Stones (or the money!). But for all of you going - enjoy! I will definitely see them next year. smoking smiley

Thanks for the Barclays info... how about some Neil review? smiling smiley [www.iorr.org]

btw-
Welcome back mc, we miss you when you are gone for too long.

Date: December 7, 2012 01:23

Max'sKansasCity
memphiscats

Thanks for the Barclays info... how about some Neil review? smiling smiley [www.iorr.org]

btw-
I hate when I'm gone too long too - it's hard to find my way home.winking smiley Thanks for the Neil link! I'll put in my 2 cents. smoking smiley

Date: December 7, 2012 01:27

memphiscats
Max'sKansasCity
memphiscats

btw-
I hate when I'm gone too long too - it's hard to find my way home.winking smiley Thanks for the Neil link! I'll put in my 2 cents. smoking smiley

YOURE THE BEST MC!!! Id love to hear all about it... and NY too.

It saddly looks like I am out in the cold as far as the NY area
Stones shows. I worked some things.. but it is looking dim... but
no telling what could opportunity could present it self.

But Id love to hear about your NYC trip....

Date: December 7, 2012 02:41

I had a blast = spent too much money, drank way too much, smoked way too much...Keith would've been proud...I think I reached a new toxicology level. >grinning smiley<

I didn't get to the Stones thing at the MoMA...but that's OK...I would've liked to see CKSKR Blues on the big screen but it wasn't playing while I was there. I would've liked to see Charlie M'darlin but I have a feeling that'll be under the tree this year.

Neil rocked & was great but he could've played longer for my taste. Regardless, it was lovely to hear & see him! Some mean, old cow yelled at me & my friends for dancing during Hey, Hey, My, My - HELLO? It's called rock n' roll~ smileys with beerdrinking smiley

Date: December 7, 2012 02:45

memphiscats
I had a blast = spent too much money, drank way too much, smoked way too much...Keith would've been proud...I think I reached a new toxicology level. >grinning smiley<

I didn't get to the Stones thing at the MoMA...but that's OK...I would've liked to see CKSKR Blues on the big screen but it wasn't playing while I was there. I would've liked to see Charlie M'darlin but I have a feeling that'll be under the tree this year.

Neil rocked & was great but he could've played longer for my taste. Regardless, it was lovely to hear & see him! Some mean, old cow yelled at me & my friends for dancing during Hey, Hey, My, My - HELLO? It's called rock n' roll~ smileys with beerdrinking smiley

Sounds like you had a blast... NYC ROCKS!

btw-
That decides it then... steak for dinner tonight...
yell at my friend?... big mistake mean ole cow!

Date: December 7, 2012 02:48

Neil rocked & was great but he could've played longer for my taste
[www.setlist.fm]

Set list sounds similar to the Sept 29th show in Central Park...
and that rocked... yeah it seems a lil short.... but quality!!

Love and Only Love
Powderfinger
Born in Ontario
Walk Like a Giant
The Needle and the Damage Done
Twisted Road
Singer Without a Song
Ramada Inn
Cinnamon Girl
@#$%&' Up
Mr. Soul
(Buffalo Springfield song)
Hey Hey, My My (Into the Black)
Encore:
Roll Another Number

Date: December 7, 2012 04:15

Yes - that was pretty much the exact set list. I heard the same thing from one of my friends who saw him in Philly. But still a great show!Short but very sweet. smoking smiley

Date: December 7, 2012 06:00

click

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-07 23:00 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: Sipuncula ()
Date: December 7, 2012 06:20

Max'sKansasCity
I wasnt even kidding.... ummmmmmmm steak....

That steak is so thin I can almost see through it! Do they use a microtome to cut beef up there in KC?

Who am I kidding? Last time I got a craving for a nice ribeye I came home with chicken quarters. Too much $$ for me these days, even in Texas.

Date: December 7, 2012 06:50

click click

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-07 22:59 by Max'sKansasCity.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1484
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home