Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

What would the Stones sound like in another 50 years?
Posted by: salty ()
Date: December 1, 2012 02:15

If the Stones were to carry on for another 50 years how would their music and career evolve and what would they sound like in the year 2062?

Re: What would the Stones sound like in another 50 years?
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 1, 2012 02:20

just a wild guess - but i'm thinking king crimson, circa '72...don't ask me why

Date: December 1, 2012 02:27

I shudder to think what the ticket prices would be like in 50 years time. I'd probably best start saving now!

Date: December 1, 2012 02:29

Like GOLD.

Next question...

Posted by: arthritis ()
Date: December 1, 2012 03:23

If this would happen it would be because technology progressed to the point where the singularity had been perfected and the brains of each stone had been grafted seamlessly into a human like machine. So the possibilities there are hard to accurately forecast. I would imagine the wild card would be everyone's voice. The brains would be perfectly capable of tellimg the borg bodys what chords to play ect, but i can't envision 120+ year old vocal chords functioning in anything but a whisper. So that would likely have to be computerized based on models created from programs based on different stones eras to suit whatever song being sung as needed.

Date: December 1, 2012 03:25

Like John lee Hooker.

They would still have that boogie woogie...

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 1, 2012 04:35

salty
If the Stones were to carry on for another 50 years how would their music and career evolve and what would they sound like in the year 2062?

'F**king horrible', I would imagine considering they'd be all around 120, unable to walk, unable to hold a plectrum let alone a guitar, speak let alone sing and would probably be going blind and almost certainly totally deaf.

On the plus side, tickets would probably be less of a clusterfuck than they are now.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 1, 2012 04:37

Gazza
salty

'F**king horrible', I would imagine considering they'd be all around 120, unable to walk, unable to hold a plectrum let alone a guitar, speak let alone sing and would probably be going blind and almost certainly totally deaf.

On the plus side, tickets would probably be less of a clusterfuck than they are now.

Are you taking into consideration the technology whick will allow them to have their brains placed into healthy young bodies? That is going to be all the rage starting in 15-20 years.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-01 04:38 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: December 1, 2012 05:06

what if people lived to be 1,000 years old? We would be complaining how they haven't recorded a great album in 950 years. (however they WOULD have released about 950 greatest hits packages)... or even worse.. what if people lived forever?!?! imagine the same set list throughout eternity!

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: December 1, 2012 05:11

Max'sKansasCity
Gazza
salty

Are you taking into consideration the technology whick will allow them to have their brains placed into healthy young bodies? That is going to be all the rage starting in 15-20 years.

BRING IT!!

Long live The Rolling Stones!

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: December 1, 2012 09:22

I tried to think about it seriously, but as soon as I started thinking about the Stones in the future, I got an image of Mick riding on a hoverboard stuck in my head and I couldn't do it.

Date: December 1, 2012 11:01

josepi
what if people lived to be 1,000 years old? We would be complaining how they haven't recorded a great album in 950 years. (however they WOULD have released about 950 greatest hits packages)... or even worse.. what if people lived forever?!?! imagine the same set list throughout eternity!

Imagine what Keith would look like in another 950 years.

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: December 1, 2012 13:27

Max'sKansasCity
Gazza
salty

I strongly suspect Mick is ahead of the game in this one.

Date: December 1, 2012 13:33

Max'sKansasCity
Gazza
salty

Are you taking into consideration the technology whick will allow them to have their brains placed into healthy young bodies? That is going to be all the rage starting in 15-20 years.[[/i]/quote]

And flying on a UFO.....

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 1, 2012 13:38

The more relevant question I think is...what would they sound like in 10 years time...yeah I know but who thought they would still be around 10 years down the road in 2002, what Mick at 69 running around ?!

They'll still be younger than John Lee Hooker when I saw him in 2000, granted he was kinda out of it and sitting on a stool, but...

While the whole band thing has generated a lot of bickering over the years, it does give them this collective strength and relevancy that keeps them going I think and will for a while. Mick doesn't look as "old" and "irrelevant" as he would if he was backed by a bunch of 40 something hired hands...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: December 2, 2012 05:44

Like daisies growing....

Posted by: roundnround ()
Date: December 2, 2012 05:51

like the grateful dead...

Posted by: frozengold ()
Date: December 2, 2012 07:44

Probably something like Kraftwerk with computers programmed to play in open G tuning. Jagger would sound like Frank Sinatra. Bill Wyman would probably be back chasing older women.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: December 2, 2012 08:01

Now they're still composers, In 50 years they'll be decomposers! >grinning smiley<

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1314
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home