Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Chuck and KR, Hollywood Palladium, 1972
Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: December 1, 2012 03:16

Re: Chuck and KR, Hollywood Palladium, 1972
Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: December 1, 2012 06:09

Oh Crap! I opened this thread hoping to see Keef and Chuck Leavell

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: December 1, 2012 06:16

Just the name "Chuck" gets me crazy. I'm still giggling Sweet Thing.

What I meant to say is...The 72 Palladium gig was completely great. 5,000 people crushed together like sardines and enjoying every minute. One of the Stones best shows.

Love the way Chuck is apparently showing who's boss to Keith. Mick must be hiding.

Perhaps BluzDude was there?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 1, 2012 06:26

stonesrule

What I meant to say is...The 72 Palladium gig was completely great. 5,000 people crushed together like sardines and enjoying every minute. One of the Stones best shows.

Love the way Chuck is apparently showing who's boss to Keith. Mick must be hiding.

I wonder if it bugged Chuck ever that these guys, these 'imitators' of his music became so much more gigantic than he ever did?

I know most of the blues guys were grateful for the recognition and spotlight the stones turned on them, but I always wondered whether Chuck was a bit jealous.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: December 1, 2012 07:49

treaclefingers
stonesrule

I wonder if it bugged Chuck ever that these guys, these 'imitators' of his music became so much more gigantic than he ever did?

I know most of the blues guys were grateful for the recognition and spotlight the stones turned on them, but I always wondered whether Chuck was a bit jealous.

If he was, he shouldn't be. The Stones are so much more diverse than Chuck. His bluesy rock definitely lit the fuse though.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 1, 2012 13:20

Caption contest, anyone?

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: December 1, 2012 15:41

"If you wanna get it right, let's get it right"

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 1, 2012 16:55

"WTF is @#$%& is this Limey!? Take that cap off!"

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: December 1, 2012 17:33

treaclefingers
stonesrule

From what I know of Chuck, just from reading, i think it would be likely he would be bitter that others became famous off (partially) of his riffs. Definitely.

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: December 1, 2012 17:42

Carnaby

This is always good for another viewing:

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 1, 2012 18:09

Rokyfan
treaclefingers
stonesrule

From what I know of Chuck, just from reading, i think it would be likely he would be bitter that others became famous off (partially) of his riffs. Definitely.

The sense I get as well.

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: December 1, 2012 19:22

Mick went out onstage and performed after getting pissed at how Keith was being treated - this was while they worked on exile at Sunset Sounds down the street

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: December 1, 2012 19:23

love that keith has on the '72 coke jacket

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: December 1, 2012 19:23

That would explain the "We haven't been getting on too well recently" in @#$%& Blues when they are asked if they would write a song for Chuck

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1500
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home