Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

O2 Live tracks close to the original
Posted by: Beast of Babylon ()
Date: December 1, 2012 09:15

Is it me or is there an overall feeling that the majority of the tracks(GOOMC, YCAGWYW, Its all over now) are more like the originally recorded tracks, insted of "live versions" i just found that interesting i guess

Re: O2 Live tracks close to the original
Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: December 1, 2012 10:25

That has been the style of The Stones since Steel Wheels, to replicate the studio versions. According to Bill German this was Mick's idea, and wanted more consistency. For better or worse.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 1, 2012 16:15

It was probably in reaction to the 1981/82 tour where a lot of the songs sounded the same (according to those who assisted) and after seeing how well it had worked on his 87 and 88 solo tours.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: dandelion1967 ()
Date: December 1, 2012 16:28

whitem8
That has been the style of The Stones since Steel Wheels, to replicate the studio versions. According to Bill German this was Mick's idea, and wanted more consistency. For better or worse.

Mmm not true at all. The last time in BTB was played sloppy, without the original groove, and 19th nervous breakdown too.

--------------------------------------------

"I'm gonna walk... before they make me run"

--------------------------------------------

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: December 1, 2012 17:08

dandelion1967
whitem8

Mmm not true at all. The last time in BTB was played sloppy, without the original groove, and 19th nervous breakdown too.

Those two were the rare exception(s), not the general rule.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1707
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home