Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Music Archive Attention PROUD MARY
Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: November 23, 2012 01:01

ProudMary, I really enjoy the articles you post.
From the age of three my favorite people were librarians!
Am I correct in thinking that you live in Russia?
I am in Europe for a few more days but it's all a lot of business meetings and I am on the go..

I am not a fan of cold weather but in the spring I hope to be in Helsinki...and hopefully will get to St. Petersburg to see art and ballet.

If you ever get to Los Angeles, I will give you a tour of great libraries and walk you through my archive which takes up one huge storage room of boxes...Thankfully, someone else is now cataloging everything from 1965 on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-25 09:07 by stonesrule.

Re: OT: Music Archive Attention PROUD MARY
Posted by: swiss ()
Date: November 23, 2012 02:19

stonesrule
I am in Europe for a few more days but it's all a lot of business meetings and I am on the go..

I am not a fan of cold weather but in the spring I hope to be in Helsinki...and hopefully will get to St. Petersburg to see art and ballet.

My email address is stonesrule@sbcglobal.net. If you ever get to Los Angeles, I will give you a tour of great libraries and walk you through my archive which takes up one huge storage room of boxes...Thankfully, someone else is now cataloging everything from 1965 on.

Proud Mary -- yes indeed - thanks for adding to my post the other day, and for all you articles, etc! If you are a professional librarian, great to meet you -- I am too, and my specialty is archives!

cheers
swiss

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-23 02:21 by swiss.

Date: November 23, 2012 02:20

stonesrule - so good of you to see after your own legacy! who do you have cataloging your archives?

best
swiss

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: November 23, 2012 18:59

Really has nothing to do with my "legacy."

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: November 23, 2012 21:16

stonesrule

My email address is stonesrule@sbcglobal.net. If you ever get to Los Angeles, I will give you a tour of great libraries and walk you through my archive which takes up one huge storage room of boxes...Thankfully, someone else is now cataloging everything from 1965 on.

I was fond of libraries since childhood - there was a touch of mystery to them. At least it was back then to me. So I wanted to become a librarian when I was a kid. The irony is that I became a writer. My passion to the books and archives is not passed so I gladly accept your invitation if I ever get to LA
btw St. Petersburg's spring is very relative. I would not hope for warm weather

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: November 23, 2012 21:23

swiss

Proud Mary -- yes indeed - thanks for adding to my post the other day, and for all you articles, etc! If you are a professional librarian, great to meet you -- I am too, and my specialty is archives!

cheers
swiss

Thanks, swiss. No I'm an amateur librarian - like Keith - I have a vast library. And my love for catalogization is clearly manifested in this forum.

Date: November 25, 2012 07:35

proudmary
swiss

cheers
swiss

Thanks, swiss. No I'm an amateur librarian - like Keith - I have a vast library. And my love for catalogization is clearly manifested in this forum.

proudmary
Librarians are born not made, so you're totally a librarian smiling smiley
-swiss

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1149
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home