Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Cheap Seats
Posted by: tommyquinn ()
Date: November 14, 2012 17:15

I got 2 cheap seats, Section 226, Row 18 2 tickets for $154.50 each. I clicked on the icon at EXACTLY 10 a.m. and luckily got the code right. When I finished the transaction I went back in to see if I could score any more cheap seats for you guys but came up empty the second time. I only posted so that people would know that they do sell cheap seats, how many is anyone's guess.

Re: Cheap Seats
Date: November 14, 2012 17:17

Sorry I didn't mean to start a new thread on this, I thought I was posting under the Brooklyn thread. My bad.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: November 14, 2012 17:21

Little did I suspect I would one day live in a world in which a $154.50 concert ticket is considered "cheap."

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: November 14, 2012 17:22

tatters
Little did I suspect I would one day live in a world in which a $154.50 concert ticket is considered "cheap."

No no, its not the ticket that's cheap tatters....the seats: Section 226, Row 18

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: November 14, 2012 17:23

With "fees" that actually totals out at $176.00! They'll be on Stubhub (if not already) for twice that shortly.

Date: November 14, 2012 18:04

I agree, it is ridiculous to call these "cheap" tickets, I take that back. I should have said "least expensive". To pay almost $200 for the privilege of sitting almost behind the stage in the rafters is ridiculous. I only grabbed them because the alternative is even more disgusting...paying close to (or over) $1000 for tickets that would have gone for under $200 on the last tour.
I truly hope that there will be so many unsold tickets on the secondary market that anyone who wants to go to these shows will be able to pick up tickets at pennies on the dollar. I would like to see the greedy scalpers lose their shirt on these shows. And I think I would even like to see the shows with many empty seats, just to show the Stones that they have gone too far this time. But that's just me....I foolishly contributed to the whole thing by buying 2 tickets when i said that I wouldn't. Got caught up in the whole mania thing. Oh well, I ramble. Old age and all...

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: November 14, 2012 18:08

Over at Stonesdoug's Shidoobee forum someone said that they may add a show on December 6!

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: November 14, 2012 18:34

tommyquinn
I agree, it is ridiculous to call these "cheap" tickets, I take that back. I should have said "least expensive". To pay almost $200 for the privilege of sitting almost behind the stage in the rafters is ridiculous. I only grabbed them because the alternative is even more disgusting...paying close to (or over) $1000 for tickets that would have gone for under $200 on the last tour.
I truly hope that there will be so many unsold tickets on the secondary market that anyone who wants to go to these shows will be able to pick up tickets at pennies on the dollar. I would like to see the greedy scalpers lose their shirt on these shows. And I think I would even like to see the shows with many empty seats, just to show the Stones that they have gone too far this time. But that's just me....I foolishly contributed to the whole thing by buying 2 tickets when i said that I wouldn't. Got caught up in the whole mania thing. Oh well, I ramble. Old age and all...

Yes but at least you paid the minimum possible. I would have paid that knowing I'd be in the back row at the O2 but nothing came up. I'm just not prepared to pay more considering I was in A1 for £150 in 2007. I'm pretty sure good floor seats will finally show up a few days before the show at face value but that's still way more than I'm willing to pay. Anyway, good for you managing to get those tickets. Enjoy!

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: November 14, 2012 18:57

tommyquinn
I got 2 cheap seats, Section 226, Row 18 2 tickets for $154.50 each. I clicked on the icon at EXACTLY 10 a.m. and luckily got the code right. When I finished the transaction I went back in to see if I could score any more cheap seats for you guys but came up empty the second time. I only posted so that people would know that they do sell cheap seats, how many is anyone's guess.

I got seats to come up in 226 row 15 and the price was $250.00 I passed.

Posted by: backstreetboy1 ()
Date: November 15, 2012 03:53

tommy quinn,relax bud,there good seats,your no where near behing the stage,soungd will be killer,with great view of the stage...enjoy!!!!

Date: November 15, 2012 04:14

Thanks backstreetboy1, I checked the 3D viewer on the website and you are right, they are not bad seats. And it's my favorite band on a Saturday night, so on second thought, life is real, real good. Here's hoping that everyone who wants to go gets an AFFORDABLE ticket. (I just checked Stubhub, and the prices are dropping BIG-TIME for the Pru shows.....I had my eye on a ticket in section 124 that was over $400 when it was first listed, and now is down to $250. Still a lot of money, but not insanely so.....)

Posted by: backstreetboy1 ()
Date: November 18, 2012 03:11

228 is better than 124,from a sound standpoint.and that matters most.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1749
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home