Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

IORR Pamphlet Given out with Stones Tickets?
Posted by: colonial ()
Date: November 17, 2012 02:31

Seems IORR is The Stones biggest fan club do ya think it would be a good idea for a pamphlet to be given out with each concert ticket just for people who may be thinking of joining a fan club to get up to speed on whats going on with the greatest rock band in the world eye rolling smiley

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Re: IORR Pamphlet Given out with Stones Tickets?
Posted by: chelskeith ()
Date: November 17, 2012 02:51

Maybe Bill German can set that up

Date: November 17, 2012 03:03

colonial
Seems IORR is The Stones biggest fan club do ya think it would be a good idea for a pamphlet to be given out with each concert ticket just for people who may be thinking of joining a fan club to get up to speed on whats going on with the greatest rock band in the world eye rolling smiley

If they have any interest in such a thing they can find it on Google while they're "doing" something, like "watching" the Stones.

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: November 17, 2012 03:13

Who would you suggest paid for the printing and the marketing fee ?

Posted by: Sipuncula ()
Date: November 17, 2012 03:21

Yeah, so all bases were covered in the 30 min. it took me to respond.

[deleted message followed with Google and Bill German references, but not so succinct]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-17 03:26 by Sipuncula.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 17, 2012 03:23

...... The whiners ....

ROCKMAN

Date: November 17, 2012 03:57

andy js

What would it cost to run out a few pamphlets gee i've probably got enough money in my wallet to cover that.
Marketing fee (what marketing fee) gee we are only talking of a basic pamphlet here

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: November 17, 2012 04:52

colonial
andy js

What would it cost to run out a few pamphlets gee i've probably got enough money in my wallet to cover that.
Marketing fee (what marketing fee) gee we are only talking of a basic pamphlet here

I'm not sure what a marketing fee is for either, but you are talking about more than "a few" pamphlets here. If you're talking about giving them out with each ticket, given the capacity of the venues, we're looking at about 100,000 pamphlets.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 17, 2012 11:24

colonial
andy js

Go back to school why don't you ?

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 17, 2012 11:28

Just search for "Rolling Stones fan club" on Google and you should find IORR ranked on the first page. Actually top rank above RollingStones.com. So we do not need the pamphlet really, if you are looking for mates with the same interest...

Bjornulf

Date: November 17, 2012 11:50

paulywaul
colonial
andy js

Why? Did I make a few spelling mistakes smoking smiley

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 17, 2012 12:32

colonial
paulywaul
colonial
andy js

Why? Did I make a few spelling mistakes smoking smiley

You make silly statements, take a basic economics class

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 17, 2012 12:45

Of course you could slip in iorr.org somewhere. But iorr.org isn't an official Stones organization and the Stones have no gain in marketing it.
Then the alternative would be to pay for it as an ad. And what do you think the price would be for that?

Posted by: chelskeith ()
Date: November 17, 2012 21:04

I told Mick's former attorney, a friend of mine by coincidence, in about 2000, that Mick was being shortsighted in not realizing the value of these fan sites, as my friend said he was instructed to look for copyright violations, etc.

Not long after that he said Mick decided to join the movement and he tried building his own message boards on his site and the Stones site, but they never matched the bandwidth of IORR or Shidoobee.

I told him if I was Mick, I'd try to partner with Doug and BV, but he quit working for Mick and that was the last I heard. I still think the partnership is a good idea as long as BV owns the content and control, and the fans get the value. Lots of details.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-17 21:06 by chelskeith.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1565
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home