Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

would love to spit in the face of some of these scalpers that took up all the seats
Posted by: Beast of Babylon ()
Date: November 15, 2012 02:44

I mean seriously, maybe i'm over reacting but i think its dirty and i find it personal. As all diehard stones fans should that wanna go

Re: would love to spit in the face of some of these scalpers that took up all the seats
Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: November 15, 2012 02:48

But that's why they've added an extra show, so you can have a further chance to pay scalper prices directly to The Stones.

Re: would love to spit in the face of some of these scalpers that took up all the seats
Posted by: Beast of Babylon ()
Date: November 15, 2012 02:55

stonesnow
But that's why they've added an extra show, so you can have a further chance to pay scalper prices directly to The Stones.

Ha, good one

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 15, 2012 03:20

Beast of Babylon
I mean seriously, maybe i'm over reacting but i think its dirty and i find it personal. As all diehard stones fans should that wanna go

Why not take it personal that the Stones clearly don't care who buys the tickets as long as they get their $25 million?

Some acts take anti-scalping measures (to varying degrees of success admittedly, but at least some make the effort). The Stones clearly dont care. Allowing'open season' on these tickets was a way of guaranteeing that the promoters got their money back on a huge investment due to the band's high financial demands.

Sorry, but I'll reserve my rancour for a band who choose - in mid recession - to 'celebrate' their 50th anniversary with their fanbase by quadrupling their ticket prices over a five year period.

The buck stops with the band. Regardless of how its spun, the more money they ask for the more you, as a fan, are going to get screwed, because everyone in between both of you has to get their arm in.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-15 03:34 by Gazza.

Posted by: backstreetboy1 ()
Date: November 15, 2012 03:33

well guys a couple of things and a few tips from a longtimer stones fan.1st yes the prices are high,but stones tix are always thru the roof.the f'd up thing in this situation is the good lower level side seats didnt go up much from last tour,but the lower level across the arena doubled,as have loge tickets,yes shame on the stones i agree...that said im addicted,there the greatest and i am going to both shows.the best and im afraid to say it(i fly solo,and dont mind)way to do it and get what u want for a reasonable(if you call 280 for a 2nd level,side stage)ticket price reasonable and i do,is get a single seat.even if you go with others,some might not like that but hey,if its what ya gotta do,also a 150 lower level obstructed view ticket,is much better than a 450 dollar lower level across the stage.trust me ive sat in both sections at stones shows on several occasions.sound is better,and you feel like your part of the band...good luck all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-15 03:34 by backstreetboy1.

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: November 15, 2012 09:52

As I said before please notice that most concerts of 'rock legends' have become social events and no more events where fans listen to the music. The Stones are no exception.

Look at the luxury buffet with champagne & VIP lounge arrangements and you know it all.

No personal bad feelings here because I'm not going, anyway.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 15, 2012 16:16

I hope the Stones aren't getting gloved and being forced to do another show in Brooklyn for the same, original $25 million.

That just wouldn't feel right.

Posted by: textmonkey ()
Date: November 15, 2012 16:22

Gazza
Beast of Babylon

Why not take it personal that the Stones clearly don't care who buys the tickets as long as they get their $25 million?

Some acts take anti-scalping measures (to varying degrees of success admittedly, but at least some make the effort). The Stones clearly dont care. Allowing'open season' on these tickets was a way of guaranteeing that the promoters got their money back on a huge investment due to the band's high financial demands.

Sorry, but I'll reserve my rancour for a band who choose - in mid recession - to 'celebrate' their 50th anniversary with their fanbase by quadrupling their ticket prices over a five year period.

The buck stops with the band. Regardless of how its spun, the more money they ask for the more you, as a fan, are going to get screwed, because everyone in between both of you has to get their arm in.

Nail/head here. As I said on another thread about ticket prices

a) the band sets the price
b) sure 'gigonomics' comes into it; if you're going to put the tickets out on open sale at a price X, and demand will exceed supply, then the correct value of the ticket is X times Y.
c) However, (b) up there can be constrained by putting in place any scalper/tout measures. That TOO is up to the band. Here's how Crazy Ol' Tom does things...

[www.hotpress.com]

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 15, 2012 16:52

stonesnow

and failing that, another chance to spit in their faces, apparently

Posted by: R ()
Date: November 15, 2012 16:55

"would love to spit in the face of some of these scalpers that took up all the seats"

Cool! Start with Mick and Keith and the promoters. A lot of StubHub tix, and the like, are taken out of general avails by the band and promoter and returned there later if they don't sell .

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: November 15, 2012 16:58

It's just occurred to me that with the Stones now doing 5 shows and Mick blaming production costs for just 4 shows as the reason for high prices, shouldn't we be getting a 20% rebate ?

sc uk

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 15, 2012 17:04

straycatuk
It's just occurred to me that with the Stones now doing 5 shows and Mick blaming production costs for just 4 shows as the reason for high prices, shouldn't we be getting a 20% rebate ?

sc uk

You should certainly be if they choose not to use any of the staging for shows that may take place next year. Which will probably not be the case, of course.

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: November 15, 2012 19:34

Many will be spitting in their faces on ebay when their tickets go for half below face!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1785
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home