Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stray Cats & Lost Souls Compilation
Posted by: Ross ()
Date: November 8, 2012 17:05

I tend to forget about the "stray cat" songs from various copilations and b-sides; etc; mainly because they vary in quality and, with no real context they like filler material at best.

I was wanting to burn the 2 new songs from that category to listen to in the car, but a 2-song CD seemed wasteful. So, I pulled all of the "lost soul" tracks from this century for a compilation, mainly just to have them all in one place and give them another chance. Much to my surprise, it kind of works as an album! I tried to sequence it for the right ebb & flow, and after a couple of listens I like it a lot more than I anticipated. 10 songs, 42 minutes like the old days! It goes like this:

1. Doom & Gloom
2. Dont Stop
3. Watching The River Flow
4. Stealing My Heart
5. Losing My Touch
6. Under The Radar
7. One More Shot
8. Worried Life Blues
9. Keys To Your Love
10.We Don't Wanna Go Home

In this context, these songs seem to sound a lot better than I remember them. Certainly not vintage Stones by any means, but a pretty good pop album with a little blues thrown in. Or, perhaps I'm just so starved for a real album that anything will suffice!

Anyway, in lieu of an new album, it's something fresh to these ears since I never play those songs. Just thought I would throw that out there!

Ross

Re: Stray Cats & Lost Souls Compilation
Posted by: micawber ()
Date: November 8, 2012 18:19

Great idea. I'll do that too.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1986
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home