Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Who has seen the Stones in Buenos Aires?
Posted by: varilla ()
Date: November 6, 2012 17:09

Who of you from Europe/USA, etc has seen the Stones in Buenos Aires?

I,ve seen them in Europe and it was a totally different feel than in B.Aires.
They seemed to really be "feeling" the show every one of the several times i saw them in Argentina, while they were more kind of "professional" when i saw them in Paris, specially Mick.

Re: Who has seen the Stones in Buenos Aires?
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 6, 2012 17:13

I think the old professional thick-skinned blasé musicians that the Stones are tend to be overwhelmed by the HOT South-Amercian audiences.

Therefore they might find a renewed enthusiasm in their own shows.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: November 6, 2012 17:32

I've seen videos of shows from Argentina, and the crowd is incredible. While they sometimes aren't the best musically (shows in stadiums rarely are - that stage is too big, and it's hard to keep things together when the guitarists are standing 25 meters from each other, and Mick is on the opposite ramp), but the band is usually trying very hard. You can see it in their eyes - they get energized by the audience, which always looks crazy. I would never have the courage to be on the field at a show in Buenos Aires, but it looks amazing.

Posted by: Fernandobsas ()
Date: November 6, 2012 19:03

I am from Buenos Aires and saw the Stones many times here. I think one thing to be also considered is that the first show the Stones played here was in 1995. So we did not have Stones concerts in the seventies nor in the eighties. We were not use to see the Stones, so we went crazy when they came.

The same happend here with KISS and the Ramones and many other artists.

bye
Fernando

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 6, 2012 19:19

I saw the Stones in Buenos Aires Argentina seven times. There is no place on earth better to see the Stones than in Argentina. I just love it. The passion. The crowd. The band. Everybody is high on energy and emotions. It is like being in Stones paradise from you arrive until you leave. River Place stadium here I come. Hope they will retuern next year. Or the year after. When Paint It Black is on and Charlie is making the heavy beat to ten thousand fans jumping up and down on the field, making the entire ground shake, and Mick is swinging his T-shirt like crazy, and Keith has goot his evil look ripping the strings of his guitar, and Ronnie wonder what is going on, then we are all in Stones paradise. Buenos Aires I love you! I could write a book on the BA memories. One day may be.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: November 6, 2012 19:25

I find the Buenos Aires shows to be an artistic waste. The Stones come second after the maniacal audiences. The show is the audience--not the Stones. AC/DC put out their last DVD a year ago and it was a show from Buenos Aires...every other shot was a crowd shot. Yeah, I get it. Those Argentians love their rock and roll--we get it. I get their shtick. The music? Nothing special. Just a soundtrack for the crowd to dance to.

Posted by: dandelion1967 ()
Date: November 6, 2012 19:53

Justin
I find the Buenos Aires shows to be an artistic waste. The Stones come second after the maniacal audiences. The show is the audience--not the Stones. AC/DC put out their last DVD a year ago and it was a show from Buenos Aires...every other shot was a crowd shot. Yeah, I get it. Those Argentians love their rock and roll--we get it. I get their shtick. The music? Nothing special. Just a soundtrack for the crowd to dance to.

I agree 100%. And I'm from Buenos Aires!! We, as a populist country, tend to put artists below the public. People don't give a shit if they're hearing Midnight rambler or any Madonna' song. It's just the fun of the crow, as our football too. First comes the fans (or hooligans or "barra bravas") and the the ball and the eleven players!

--------------------------------------------

"I'm gonna walk... before they make me run"

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 6, 2012 20:21

dd what do you mean by "populist country"...?

Posted by: varilla ()
Date: November 6, 2012 21:08

Dandelion, i don´t agree with you.
I am from Uruguay, your small brothers, just across the river.
Argentina, like Uruguay as a reflect of what happens there is STONESLAND.
You´ll find Stones fans everywhere, even among people that can´t even speak one word in english. I´ve found Keef posters hanging up walls in Buenos Aires in the most incredible places, etc
The famous Rollingas... a lot of rock bands from Argentina are stones inspired, much more so than in the rest of the world.
Its some strange bond between the band and the people. Maybe people identify a lot with the Stones history: Keith, the survivor, the hero (very Maradona like in some ways), Mick the master (Argentinians have great respect for the masters), Charlie and his unique style... i dont´really know...
By the way: Argentina poulist????? Not at all....

Posted by: dandelion1967 ()
Date: November 6, 2012 21:21

dcba
dd what do you mean by "populist country"...?

Perón, Evita, Kirchner, his wive... all those rich mans talking about "the poor people" and all that stuff.

Y Varilla, estoy de acuerdo con lo que decís de los Stones, en nuestros paises se toman como una religión, pero la actitud del público es así en general, no solo con los Stones. Estan los ricoteros, los rolingas, los de callejeros, viejas locas, pelotas, cada banda tiene su cosa "ritual" populachera de cancha, donde lo último que se hace es escuchar a la banda.

"I'm gonna walk... before they make me run"

Date: November 7, 2012 01:29

I flew in for the first two shows in 1998 from Santiago, skipped the third and got on a plane again for the last two, with Dylan. "Time Out Of Mind" had just been released and it was brilliant, and they did Like A Rolling Stone together. I liked the 1998 shows better than the 2006 ones, though. I've seen them many times in Europe and I kind of like it more there: I drank many beers in Wembley just minutes before they came onstage in 1999 and returned to my spot in front of the stage with my wristband and my plastic glass of beer. It was so civilized!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1727
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home