Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

What the guys shoud do
Posted by: tipps ()
Date: October 31, 2012 19:21

Why dont Mick do the NJ shows and donate all money from one show to the flood victims? Or is that asking too much from them? I doubt it will happen, they should be more like other stars out there that do benefit shows, donate money to charities, etc. like Springsteen who is awesome in doing that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-31 19:22 by tipps.

Re: What the guys shoud do
Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: October 31, 2012 19:26

They could make two albums :

- a blues cover album and donate all money for charity (for poor old blues

musicians)

- and a brand new full Jagger-Richards album: no charity (The Rolling Stones are

not a charity band)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-31 19:35 by 1962.

Posted by: steverogan ()
Date: October 31, 2012 19:27

tipps
Why dont Mick do the NJ shows and donate all money from one show to the flood victims? Or is that asking too much from them? I doubt it will happen, they should be more like other stars out there that do benefit shows, donate money to charities, etc. like Springsteen who is awesome in doing that.

a great idea, my gut tells me the Stones will make a significant donation. Let's see.... actions speak loder than words....

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: October 31, 2012 19:33

They donated a great deal to the bay area for its earthquake relief during the Oakland Steel Wheels show...I think I remember Mick took the opportunity to announce that at the show

That's during a lengthy tour....could be tougher on the accounting with only 4 shows...

We'll see.

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: October 31, 2012 19:41

tipps
You want Mick to play a solo show?

Date: October 31, 2012 19:42

GumbootCloggeroo
tipps
You want Mick to play a solo show?

It would be easier to donate the $37.88 that a solo Jagger show would net!

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: October 31, 2012 21:02

Munichhilton
They donated a great deal to the bay area for its earthquake relief during the Oakland Steel Wheels show...I think I remember Mick took the opportunity to announce that at the show

That's during a lengthy tour....could be tougher on the accounting with only 4 shows...

We'll see.

did he? i thought it was just released through the press...it's been a few decades....

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: October 31, 2012 21:13

I don't quite like the negative comments: judging anyone's charitable work isn't what well-educated people do.
and on the subject: I remember the Stones (not Mick alone!) supporting financially families of people who died in a terrible bus crash several days before the show in 2007.*

* (on the other hand there was a great pressure on the band: this bus was a part of a general pilgrimage and right-wing media, which is almost every media in Poland, started talking not about "Christians" riding that bus but "saints", which is generally very funny, and declared the Stones shouldn't play that day; some old old old people were even boycotting the show**).
** (what's the point of boycotting an event you don't want to attend anyway?)

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 31, 2012 21:22

They could make two albums :

- a blues cover album and donate all money for charity (for poor old blues

musicians)

Uh.....by donating 'all the money', they'd be denying an income to the 'poor old blues musicians' who wrote the songs to begin with!

Date: October 31, 2012 21:29

StonesTod
Munichhilton

We'll see.

did he? i thought it was just released through the press...it's been a few decades....

That's how I remember it...but that's suspiciously untrustworthy.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: October 31, 2012 22:01

Munichhilton
StonesTod
Munichhilton

We'll see.

well, the whole thing is based on shaky ground anyway...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 31, 2012 22:05

StonesTod
Munichhilton
StonesTod
Munichhilton

We'll see.

This smacks of seismology and voodoo economics.

The calls are coming from inside the house!

Date: October 31, 2012 22:06

treaclefingers
StonesTod
Munichhilton
StonesTod
Munichhilton

We'll see.

This smacks of seismology and voodoo economics.

The calls are coming from inside the house!

Pretty sure the voodoo economics came 5 years later, but the seismology has always been grounded

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1103
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home