Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones in Paris tonight
Posted by: maremma ()
Date: October 25, 2012 17:38

Unfortunately, i didn't get tickets !!!

[www.lefigaro.fr]

Re: Stones in Paris tonight
Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: October 25, 2012 17:58

15 Euros each. Who's bitching now?

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: October 25, 2012 17:59

Let's see. If I leave Seattle RIGHT NOW I would just make it!

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: October 25, 2012 18:03

If anyone manages to get their smart phone into the gig, and if they decide to shoot video... FOR GOD'S SAKE, HOLD THE DAMN CAMERA SIDEWAYS! This will be an historical document. How many past "Secret" club gigs are their no video for?

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: October 25, 2012 18:04

jazzbass

hi

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 25, 2012 18:12

jazzbass

Yep. Everything's all right again. Or something. Putting a 400% ticket price hike in five years and allowing scalpers and brokers to dominate the sale evidently didnt happen.

For what its worth, pretty much every pre-tour warm up gig is about this price. It is a nice gesture and should be applauded but its nothing they havent done before.

Although - if I can dare make one minor criticism in this sea of cheerleading -whereas in the past theyve taken anti-scalping measures in the past at these shows, very little seems to have been done this time.

Great to see some fans get lucky for what should be a special treat, but a pity that ticket touts and chancers still managed to get anywhere near this ticket sale.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 25, 2012 18:13

Google translate [www.lefigaro.fr]

The rock legends have created the event by announcing that they will be on stage in a small venue in Paris on Thursday. The sale of tickets has been advanced and it is still more.

It was the surprise of the day. The Rolling Stones have announced an additional concert date in Paris. While Mick Jagger and his family are expected to Theatre Mogador Monday, they also occur on the small stage of the Trabendo (700 seats), on Thursday evening. The seats were sold in less than half an hour, according to Le Parisien.

On his Twitter account (@ Rollingstones), the group revealed this morning that "350 tickets would be sold at Virgin Megastore on the Champs-Élysées, 12 h, at a price of € 15." The low price can catch the exeption training, which had upset his fans by announcing places from 130 to 500 euros for his concerts in London in November.

But the information has leaked during the night, some fans were already outside the store overnight. The opening of sales has been advanced a little before ten o'clock, and all the tickets were sold in stride. Spaces are registered and limited to two per person. Given the cost and rarity of such an opportunity, privileged 175 were numbered in marker and had the chance to buy two precious sesame.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 25, 2012 18:17

Sesame?

Instead of tickets, they're giving out Big Bird and Kermit dolls or something?

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: October 25, 2012 18:21

Date: October 25, 2012 18:23

Gazza
jazzbass

Yep. Everything's all right again. Or something. Putting a 400% ticket price hike in five years and allowing scalpers and brokers to dominate the sale evidently didnt happen.

For what its worth, pretty much every pre-tour warm up gig is about this price. It is a nice gesture and should be applauded but its nothing they havent done before.

Although - if I can dare make one minor criticism in this sea of cheerleading -whereas in the past theyve taken anti-scalping measures in the past at these shows, very little seems to have been done this time.

Great to see some fans get lucky for what should be a special treat, but a pity that ticket touts and chancers still managed to get anywhere near this ticket sale.

I dont feel even a teeny, tiney, itty bitty bit better... this is a very local event that 99.99999999999999999999% of Stones fans had NO CHANCE of getting into.... it is intersting, but thats it. It affects basically nothing. Back of hall in the balcony seats are still$800.00... package touters are reneging on booked deals screwing people over... scalpers are over charging for.... ah anyway

Good for the lucky few who will go. So that is my pre show whining... Now we can wait to read the post show whining about everythuing from songs played, to how porrly Keith played, to how weak Ronnie is... to you know the deal.... rinse repeat.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-25 18:27 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: October 25, 2012 18:24

2000 LYFH
[news.yahoo.com]
"Guitarist Ronnie Wood had said in an interview with NME this week that the Stones could play several small clubs, possibly under the name the Cockroaches, an alias they've used before."

I hope it will be in Paris. I mean I hope there will be another public show

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-25 18:26 by jpasc95.

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: October 25, 2012 18:30

Max'sKansasCity
Gazza
jazzbass

I dont feel even a teeny, tiney, itty bitty bit better... this is a very local event that 99.99999999999999999999% of Stones fans had NO CHANCE of getting into.... it is intersting, but thats it. It affects basically nothing. Back of hall in the balcony seats are still$800.00... package touters are reneging on booked deals screwing people over... scalpers are over charging for.... ah anyway

Good for the lucky few who will go. So that is my pre show whining... Now we can wait to read the post show whining about everythuing from songs played, to how porrly Keith played, to how weak Ronnie is... to you know the deal.... rinse repeat.

LOL, why wait to after the show, we can always start earlysmoking smiley

Date: October 25, 2012 18:38

2000 LYFH
Max'sKansasCity
Gazza
jazzbass

Good for the lucky few who will go. So that is my pre show whining concerns... Now we can wait to read the post show whining about everythuing from songs played, to how porrly Keith played, to how weak Ronnie is... to you know the deal.... rinse repeat.

LOL, why wait to after the show, we can always start earlysmoking smiley

I have never really been one to complain about setlists and Ronnie and Kieth always play good enough for me.... so I dont generally join in the post show whining... but I sure am pre show whining commenting this time... and I have never done that before..... it was alway more checking which 4-5 shows I was going to attend... every tour since 1981.

Posted by: vermontoffender ()
Date: October 25, 2012 18:45

Regardless of ticket prices, what percentage of Stones "fans" have a chance to attend the 4 shows in NJ and London?

I'll give you a clue; it's a statistically irrelevant percentage. Which is why the whining over ticket prices is so inane.

If they tour in 2013 with these ticket prices, the whining would make more sense.

Maybe it's time to take a step back, and a deep breath or two, and see things from a slightly more sane perspective.

And, you know, not let decisions made by a band/corporation effect you personally.

Date: October 25, 2012 18:54

People can say/do/type whatever they want... But I have traveled to see this band more times than not... and that includes several opening nights... I was in Boston opening night of Bigger Bang and in Chicago opening night of Bridges to Babylon.... I have only seen them 3 times in my homes city out of 30 times over all... so hell yes, if the ticket prices were not fkg redonkulous, I would not have much of an issue traveling to Newark to see this. I want a good ticket for a fair price... but whne back of hall balcon shit seats are $800.00 face that leaves no leeway to pay up for a good seat.

I paid $350 for a 7th row center seat for the PPV in StLouie, but when I pay up, I want agood seat. I have no problem traveling.... if prices are not stupid.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-25 18:56 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: October 25, 2012 19:11

Those lucky fans in Paris. They have born witness to some great gigs over the years!

Can't wait for all the details of the show.

To see the Stones in a club would be a dream come true.

Date: October 25, 2012 19:14

the show won't be too long...I heard on a french channel TV that it would last only about 30 minutes. I hope they're wrong for the fans

Date: October 25, 2012 19:17

lettingitbleed
Those lucky fans in Paris. They have born witness to some great gigs over the years!

Can't wait for all the details of the show.

To see the Stones in a club would be a dream come true.
thumbs up

And facts of the matter, as I have said several times, just the fact that they all feel like going out and doing it again is really good news... and me and my opinion about thier prices is another discussion...

I am delighted they all have their health.smileys with beer

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: October 25, 2012 19:20

jpasc95
the show won't be too long...I heard on a french channel TV that it would last only about 30 minutes. I hope they're wrong for the fans

The Julliard "gig" was about 15 minutes of playing and we didn't have to pay or line up. Just 5 people on stage and it was great. Hope this is longer than 30 minutes, considering what people went through to get in. We'll find out just what they mean by "short" shortly!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-25 19:21 by bleedingman.

Date: October 25, 2012 19:33

now I've just heard on radio RTL that the show will last about 45 minutes
With a little bit of luck, in a few minutes, it could last more than one hour !

It has also been said that one or two other public shows could be given in Paris, maybe at the Trianon !
isn't life beautiful ?.

Posted by: cowboytoast ()
Date: October 25, 2012 19:39

Max'sKansasCity
I paid $350 for a 7th row center seat for the PPV in StLouie, but when I pay up, I want agood seat. I have no problem traveling.... if prices are not stupid.

that's awesome you scored those man!!...i have yet to have been that lucky at a stones show...the thing is...this seems totally reasonable and i would happily pay that...$850 for crap seats does not..and even if they do more shows next year i highly doubt they will lower the prices...

Posted by: frogman9 ()
Date: October 25, 2012 20:09

O.K. so they're playing a show in Paris .....still don't justify the ticket prices for the London shows it's just pure and simple greed on the part of the promoters and the band.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: October 25, 2012 20:11

Damn. I missed the flight. I sure hope Sway gets to see them tonight! peace

Posted by: tipps ()
Date: October 25, 2012 20:13

Is it tonight 25 or next week thursday

Date: October 25, 2012 21:11

cowboytoast
Max'sKansasCity

that's awesome you scored those man!!...i have yet to have been that lucky at a stones show...the thing is...this seems totally reasonable and i would happily pay that...$850 for crap seats does not..and even if they do more shows next year i highly doubt they will lower the prices...

Thanks man... I thought it was awesome... and they were on the aisle seats too, Keith's side, so there was lots of extra room... and it was the PPV, so it was even more worth it, not to mention it was just down the street in StLouie, so we drove(no flying).... and to top it all off I was able to perfectly execute the run back, to be in right front of the B stage for all 3 songs. It was a spectaular night... you can even get a glimpse of my Stones Flag waving by the B stage, even with them blacking out the audience most of the time, I dont know why they do that.

I have never minded paying up for good seats, going back to having a buddy of mine who used to be wired into to one of the main ticket outlet, back when they preprinted every ticket... and my deal with him was I paid twice face, made his tickets free and we went to a lot of shows with front front row tickets. That deal lasted a couple of years, or so, before I talked too much about how cool it was, and then some other fkr offered him triple and eventually quadruple... and the rest is history. Ah.... back when shows cost used to cost 17, 21, 25, 30 bucks....aka The Good OLe Days.

The moral? GET IT WHILE THE GETTING IS GOOD.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1679
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home