Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rolling Stones Concerts Draw More Than 1 Million Ticket Searches on Internet Exchange
Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: October 18, 2012 14:48

[trendingfever.com]

With the Rolling Stones having announced four concert dates late this year in celebration of the band’s 50th anniversary, online ticket marketplace Viagogo mentioned it registered a lot more than a million worldwide searches for tickets inside much less than 24 hours of the announcement.

“This is the highest demand for tickets to an occasion ever registered by Viagogo,” stated the business, which says it is the world’s biggest ticket exchange on the Internet.

The Rolling Stones on Monday created official their a lot-awaited return to the concert stage immediately after taking a break of much more than five years. Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ronnie Wood posted a

The Stones will play at London’s O2 Arena on Nov. 25 and 29 and then carry out at the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey near New York City on Dec. 13 and 15.

“Viagogos international web sites have already registered more than a million searches from Brazil to Beijing from fans hoping to see the legendary rockers on what is rumored to be their final tour,” Viagogo mentioned. “With only 15,000 seats thought to be available per night at the London O2 Arena, that means at least a million disappointed fans.”

It said that it would take 73 performances at London’s O2 Arena to meet the early demand.

Stated a Viagogo spokesman: ?The Rolling Stones are a worldwide phenomenon – and a single of the final super-groups nevertheless performing with a complete line-up.”

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-18 14:52 by 1962.

Re: Rolling Stones Concerts Draw More Than 1 Million Ticket Searches on Internet Exchange
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 18, 2012 15:08

1 million searches.....

followed by 995,000 cries of 'how f**king MUCH???'

grinning smiley

Re: Rolling Stones Concerts Draw More Than 1 Million Ticket Searches on Internet Exchange
Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: October 18, 2012 15:12

Out of 80.000 tickets for four shows, most are probably still available tomorrow (and days to come, little by little).

So their is quite a gap between 1.000.000 searches and maybe 10.000 purchases so for.

Think - don't Act - React winking smiley

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: October 18, 2012 15:19

Gazza
1 million searches.....

followed by 995,000 cries of 'how f**king MUCH???'

grinning smiley

Those Wallet raping bastards at Viagogo where charging 14999. Euros for a pair of seats yesterday.

I stood in the rain on 12th July to catch a glimpse of this band on their anniversary. I guess that was the end for me.

I'm not ranting about original ticket prices. I expected £300-£400 this time. It's the fact that normal fans have been frozen out of the good seats.angry smiley

How much trouble would it have been to ask for ID and credit card to be presented with,say standing tickets and front 5 A blocks. Would have still sold them all, but frozen out these blood sucking leaches.

I can't stand tiered seating. Hope the PPV is good.eye rolling smiley

bye

sc uk

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: October 18, 2012 15:24

You are so right, sc uk. But don't give up yet!! You still have the same chances as the next person tomorrow - and otherwise if you play a waiting game the likelihood is that you'll have the last laugh on Viagogo and its fellow scumbags.

Date: October 18, 2012 17:48

Viagogo didn't handle Led Zeppelin's O2 show obviously.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: October 18, 2012 18:08

I'm good for 1.000 searches like 500 other people on this board...That's already 500.000...so BS story

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: October 18, 2012 18:57

Funny they didn't say how many they actually sold from these searches.Not many at those prices.

sc uk

Posted by: micwer ()
Date: October 18, 2012 20:54

That's a cheap way for that website to get a ton of press.
Nobody will check the numbers.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 18, 2012 21:15

Stated a Viagogo spokesman: ?The Rolling Stones are a worldwide phenomenon – and a single of the final super-groups nevertheless performing with a complete line-up.”

I didn't realize Brian, Ian and Bill were going to be there. No wonder everyone is so excited!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1705
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home