Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT (sort of): Investigative Reporting on Ticket Shifting and Selling Procedures
Posted by: rocker1 ()
Date: October 18, 2012 04:35

Is anyone aware of an investigative news story that focused on the slimy practices of how tickets get released and sold for concerts? Or has any insider in the business ever come forward to shed light on how it typically works? This is a story just begging to be told, and an industry practice that needs to be exposed with some real journalism behind it.

In a fair world, if you buy early, you would get better seats than those who wait until later. If you are somebody waiting with baited breath to logon and snap up a ticket in a hurry under the impression that those who buy first get better seats, you unfortunately are often mistaken, as they dump bad seats first and then open up better areas when they've made headways into selling the crap seats to the eager folks who logon on first--often the most loyal and dedicated fans. It's a bunch of crap that's been going on for years and I was been burned on it several times. (I'm not so naive about that anymore.) There's no straight answer from anyone about how these seats get released, it seems. Who makes that choice and how is it determined? 60 Minutes, get busy!

Re: OT (sort of): Investigative Reporting on Ticket Shifting and Selling Procedures
Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: October 18, 2012 09:56

[www.iorr.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-18 09:58 by Green Lady.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2004
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home