Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
I got my tickets! Who else did?
Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: October 15, 2012 17:27

Just got 2 tickets for O2 Arena 11/29. Airfare booked too. Now looking at hotels. Any recommendations on where to stay in London?

Re: I got my tickets! Who else did?
Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: October 15, 2012 17:33

The Hilton or Dorchester are rather nice

Posted by: atip ()
Date: October 15, 2012 17:38

stargroover
The Hilton or Dorchester are rather nice

LOL.

Posted by: vintage stone ()
Date: October 15, 2012 17:40

What Kind of Ticket did you have and where did you get it? VIP Ticket ?

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: October 15, 2012 17:42

Hilton in Park Lane then... the edgeware road one does meet the standard of Rolling Stones audience.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 15, 2012 17:45

For sh*ts and giggles, I just tried to buy a ticket. No 'cheep' seats left, so opted for whatever, and came up with 816 GBP tickets, at the directly opposite end of stadium, row V.

Absolutely horrible deal!

Date: October 15, 2012 17:48

vintage stone
Yes, apparently the AmEx presale tix are only available to AmEx UK customers. But the VIP packages are available to American cardholders. (scam) NO matter, I enjoy the preparty events anyway so this was not a problem. I didn't elect to take tickets in the "tongue" section (a SRO mosh pit) but rather the floor seats in one of the front three sections, actual seats TBD. £950/ticket. Ouch!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: October 15, 2012 17:53

jazzbass
Just got 2 tickets for O2 Arena 11/29. Any recommendations on where to stay in London?

Considering what you just paid I have one : a cardboard box under the London Bridge... It'll accelerate the healing of your bank account...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-15 17:54 by dcba.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: October 15, 2012 18:08

jazzbass
Just got 2 tickets for O2 Arena 11/29. Airfare booked too. Now looking at hotels. Any recommendations on where to stay in London?

Way to go!
Have fun and let us know how great it is!

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: October 15, 2012 18:09

jazzbass
vintage stone
Yes, apparently the AmEx presale tix are only available to AmEx UK customers. But the VIP packages are available to American cardholders. (scam) NO matter, I enjoy the preparty events anyway so this was not a problem. I didn't elect to take tickets in the "tongue" section (a SRO mosh pit) but rather the floor seats in one of the front three sections, actual seats TBD. £950/ticket. Ouch!

enjoy! hope you can post some good pix or vids to the site

wow cool smiley

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: October 15, 2012 18:10

£950 and you don't know exact seat ! Actually you mean £950 + VAT I presume ?

£2280.00 PLUS credit card fees for a pair . I thought I'd seen the Stones take greed to a new level already,but no ........that was just a warm up.

"normal" people I've mentioned the prices to actually don't believe me !

"no, really now, how much are they ? "

Branson must be losing his touch.

sc uk

Posted by: darylad ()
Date: October 15, 2012 18:17

Congrats! I'm jealous...
Did they give u an option for a seat? The GA floor or the A block? Or was it automatically assigned to you? Can u purchase just one ticket, or is the package deal and two ticket thing? Thanks for any info.

Posted by: dewlover ()
Date: October 15, 2012 18:23

I gots mine for Mulberry Street...

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: October 15, 2012 18:44

Just bought mine. Credit Card was declined but it was fun while it lasted!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 15, 2012 18:46

Munichhilton

At least you're heart was in it!

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: October 15, 2012 18:47

Munichhilton

you were monkeying with the idea, then?

Date: October 15, 2012 18:56

Just tried again. This is really cool to be a part of!

Ooops...declined. Maybe if I rub the magnetic strip?

Posted by: micawber ()
Date: October 15, 2012 18:59

Munichhilton

I would rub something else. Can also be fun, much cheaper.

Date: October 15, 2012 19:01

micawber
Munichhilton

I would rub something else. Can also be fun, much cheaper.

The tickets? I'm confused...

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: October 15, 2012 19:04

For £950 + VAT i'd want a GUARANTEE it'd be the last ever gig, the best ever setlist, and i'd want them to top themselves on stage at the end to be sure

Date: October 15, 2012 19:06

andy js
For £950 + VAT i'd want a GUARANTEE it'd be the last ever gig, the best ever setlist, and i'd want them to top themselves on stage at the end to be sure

Don't stop there. How about a new wardrobe and 5 years of paid vacation time.
Let's really stick it back to them...

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: October 15, 2012 19:17

BRING BACK MICHAEL "VASELINE" COHL!

He was a thief but he had manners. The new guy who handles the live business now is just a ruthless crook...

Posted by: spain73 ()
Date: October 15, 2012 20:02

Got mine. 246 GBP x 2. So expensive, that's all I can / want afford.
Once in a lifetime for my girlfriend. We travel from Spain although I've already seen them three times. This time in their hometown, that's nice. But I realize the price is a shame indeed. I got a tongue tattooed in my arm... I can't stay at home but it really hurts paying that cash.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-15 20:10 by spain73.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: October 15, 2012 20:12

I don't get it.
When they do not announce you moan
when they play warhorses you moan
when they announce you moan
when will you ever learn that the Rolling Stones always played only for high prices at all times.
Every time the Stones rolled out the prices have been set to a higher astronmical level.
This time you might miss out as they did not ammounce any further shows but only these 4. However that might change.

I just got over it and will be pampered with my wife instead of a fancy holiday to see them on their very first night after 5 years when I saw them last. One must continue tradition eye popping smiley

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: October 15, 2012 20:15

jazzbass

Camp Voodoo, or whatever Keef's compound is called nowadays. For the price of those tickets, Keef should also be required to bake you a shepherd's pie.

Posted by: micawber ()
Date: October 15, 2012 20:16

Grison
I don't get it.
When they do not announce you moan
when they play warhorses you moan
when they announce you moan
when will you ever learn that the Rolling Stones always played only for high prices at all times.
Every time the Stones rolled out the prices have been set to a higher astronmical level.
This time you might miss out as they did not ammounce any further shows but only these 4. However that might change.

I just got over it and will be pampered with my wife instead of a fancy holiday to see them on their very first night after 5 years when I saw them last. One must continue tradition eye popping smiley

You're only right for vegas era Stones. Compare ticket prices since the mid 70ies.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: October 15, 2012 20:25

Well, I suppose this is where we find out who are the plutocrats and who are the paupers around here!

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: October 15, 2012 20:25

jazzbass

Got mine too. VIP, of course. For family and a few selected friends. Both shows, of course. We'll go by private jet. Don't need to worry about hotels, though because I've recently bought a house in Kensington. Only problem now is the transfer to the arena, because I hate the tube and taxis. Will probably hire long black limousines for us bunch of people.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-15 20:28 by alimente.

Date: October 15, 2012 20:27

Yes plus VAT. Total cam to $$3750 usd. Ridiculously priced no doubt. However, I've been waiting for this for 5 years. If it is not the last shows ever, so be it. That is only good news. For me, it's a great excuse to taek a vacation to London and just incase it is the last shows ever, I'm gonna do it first class all the way. I've booked first class airfare and 5 star hotel. All in for everything including tickets is about 10K usd. FWIW, I've booked a simila "VIP" package for The Wall and looking back I feel it was worth the cost. A very nice experience that didn't seem like the promote went on the cheap at all. From the Stones web site, the package I puchaced includes: Your hospitality includes:
Premium ticket on the Arena Floor within rows 6 – 12
(Please see map)
Two-and-a-half hours pre-concert hospitality to include;
Champagne Reception
A three course dinner, specially designed by Michelin Star Chef, Angela Hartnett
Selected wines served with dinner
Complimentary bar serving Champagne, wine, beer and soft drinks
Post-concert snacks
1 hour post-concert hospitality to include Champagne, wine, beer and soft drinks
Post-concert snacks
Décor, Music and Lighting
Souvenir show programme or complimentary gift (1 per person)
Private VIP fast track entry
Access pass and documentation for each guest sent in advance
Mark Butler Associates Event Managers and hosts in attendance

I opted not to get tickets in the SRO "tongue" section right against the stage. However, I'm betting this section will be packed with young twentysomething hotties with free passes so to make the concert better camera appeal for the pay per view or videography.

My take is.... I'm 44 years old, my favorite band is in the sunset of their career. I've worked my entire life to be able to do something like this. Is it waAAAAY OVER priced? Hell yes. Will it be an a memory of a lifetime? I think so.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 15, 2012 20:38

jazzbass, good for you and I'm happy for you, and I really mean that. All of us have different dreams, measurements in life and all, and it is personal how one weights these kinda (sort of) once in life time experiences. You really want to invest there, and I am sure you are doing a right thing. I really wish you a great trip and concert!

- Doxa

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1043
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home