Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Van, Was, & Blue Note
Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: October 9, 2012 01:28

I somehow missed the news that Don Was became president of Blue Note Records earlier this year, which has just put out the new Van Morrison album BORN TO SING: NO PLAN B (which is very good).

Van says, "With most record companies being so corporate I am happy to be working with Don Was and the team at Blue Note. To have such a creative music person as the head of my recording label assures me that all the effort taken to write and record this new album will be rewarded with a music-based focus and marketing approach. I look forward to many recording projects with Don and Blue Note."

Don Was, a producer of famous artists that include Willie Nelson, Bonnie Raitt and the Rolling Stones adds, “Over a career that spans decades, Van Morrison has developed a body of work that is unparalleled in its consistent excellence. He is one of the greatest singer/songwriter/musicians of all time. We are incredibly honored that he has chosen to record for the Blue Note label and look forward to many fruitful years together.”

Read more: [www.irishcentral.com]

Re: OT: Van, Was, & Blue Note
Date: October 9, 2012 01:50

lets hope this lasts. didn't don was start his own label in the early 90's that tanked or something? i know there was a kris kristofferson album was produced titled MOMENT OF FOREVER that ended up being released on an indie label a few years after it was due out

Re: OT: Van, Was, & Blue Note
Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: October 9, 2012 02:02

Well this is different -- he's not starting his own label, he has become president of a label that's been around since 1939. Interestingly, it is now part of the Universal Music Group.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1284
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home