Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Mick at Obama Fundraiser; why is this topic closed?
Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: October 2, 2012 23:23

I wanted to comment! That he should have worn some other shoes.

Re: Mick at Obama Fundraiser; why is this topic closed?
Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: October 2, 2012 23:29

Probably because it was deemed too political, a topic that gets heated real fast around these parts.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: October 2, 2012 23:30

Because peop;e will start talking about what a sell-out Sir Mick is.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 2, 2012 23:32

Because the first comment in the thread was politial. Very simple. For some reason many people start freakimng out as soon as somebody claim hate or love vs political persons here. Like anywhere else. And I do not have time to clean up after all the mess. It takes half an hour and then people start WW3 because of such a simple harmless thing...

Bjornulf

Date: October 2, 2012 23:37

It's news. We all wanna know what's going on. If they are rehearsing, going to a party, whatever. So we wanna know this as well. He was there was he? I think the scandinavian God we have here has a puritanical streak.

Date: October 2, 2012 23:38

bv
Because the first comment in the thread was politial. Very simple. For some reason many people start freakimng out as soon as somebody claim hate or love vs political persons here. Like anywhere else. And I do not have time to clean up after all the mess. It takes half an hour and then people start WW3 because of such a simple harmless thing...

If that's our experience, ok.

Date: October 2, 2012 23:42

Dreamer
bv

If that's our experience, ok.

Except that I don't see anything political in 'the first comment in the thread.'
Just a link to an article in a newspaper...

Date: October 2, 2012 23:45

It's the first comment after the initial post.

Date: October 2, 2012 23:52

latebloomer
It's the first comment after the initial post.

Big deal. What's the mess to clean up? I see lots of that in all kinds of threads. That's life. Politics is sometimes part of that. Just like the Stones.

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: October 2, 2012 23:53

To Dreamer:

We aren't allowed to post anything which can cause political arguments here and I KNEW that. smoking smiley

To BV:

Sorry for posting about Jagger being at a *political event*. My fault; I should have known better.

cool smiley

Date: October 2, 2012 23:58

Cocaine Eyes
To Dreamer:

We aren't allowed to post anything which can cause political arguments here and I KNEW that. smoking smiley

To BV:

Sorry for posting about Jagger being at a *political event*. My fault; I should have known better.

cool smiley

You knew that? Naughty girl! smoking smiley

Well let's return to "Write as if you are talking to normal people." confused smiley

Date: October 3, 2012 00:02

Dreamer
Cocaine Eyes
To Dreamer:

To BV:

cool smiley

Well let's return to "Write as if you are talking to normal people." confused smiley

OK then - How 'bout them Stones?

tongue sticking out smiley

Date: October 3, 2012 00:14

Cocaine Eyes
Dreamer
Cocaine Eyes
To Dreamer:

To BV:

cool smiley

They must be rolling somewhere I guess.

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out I like you Lady CE.

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: October 3, 2012 00:21

Dreamer
Cocaine Eyes

How 'bout them Stones?

I've heard they will be in London on October 17, not so much to play music, but more of a press event, though I'm unsure if Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman will be in attendance--but hey, don't believe what I say just 'coz I said it. I'm just some guy here who likes to post things the media discuss and such.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-03 01:54 by stonesnow.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: October 3, 2012 01:44

Because Mick has lost his mind showing up there!!!!

Posted by: Beast of Babylon ()
Date: October 3, 2012 02:16

bv

i guess they dont have freedom of speech in your country???

Posted by: Sipuncula ()
Date: October 3, 2012 02:41

Beast of Babylon

This is a message board. BV runs this message board. BV says no politics. You agreed not to talk politics. Many here are glad. Give me Taylor vs. Wood any day over that.

Posted by: Angus MacBagpipe ()
Date: October 3, 2012 02:47

Sipuncula
Beast of Babylon

This is a message board. BV runs this message board. BV says no politics. You agreed not to talk politics. Many here are glad. Give me Taylor vs. Wood any day over that.

Exactly - BV's board, his rules. There are plenty of other places to argue politics.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: October 3, 2012 02:47

--

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-03 02:48 by ryanpow.

Date: October 3, 2012 03:19

Dreamer
Cocaine Eyes
Dreamer
Cocaine Eyes
To Dreamer:

To BV:

cool smiley

Right back atcha, Dreamer.

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: October 3, 2012 03:22

Beast of Babylon
bv

Its not a country, its a hosted website.
Fall in line, or fall out

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: October 3, 2012 03:25

Politics, at least in America these days, divides. With only two parties, there is little compromise. I am envious of some of you in Europe, where parties need to form coalitions to govern....compromise is not a bad thing.

Though I enjoy a good political discussion, BV has chosen to keep this board away from such possibly deep, dividing subjects. His board, his rules (and they kind of work....now the worst arguments we can get into are pro vs against: Ronnie, Chuck, Vegas, Dirty Work...)

Date: October 3, 2012 03:32

buffalo7478

Though I enjoy a good political discussion, BV has chosen to keep this board away from such possibly deep, dividing subjects. His board, his rules (and they kind of work....now the worst arguments we can get into are pro vs against: Ronnie, Chuck, Vegas, Dirty Work...)

boxers vs. briefs, levi's vs. lees, brown vs yellow mustard....

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: October 3, 2012 04:03

will the future "track talk - sweet neo con" thread be banned? is that a song we are not allowed to discuss here, a rolling stones message board?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 3, 2012 04:06

Munichhilton
Beast of Babylon
bv

Its not a country, its a hosted website.
Fall in line, or fall out

It's not a hosted website (ok, it is), it's a club.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 3, 2012 04:07

GumbootCloggeroo
will the future "track talk - sweet neo con" thread be banned? is that a song we are not allowed to discuss here, a rolling stones message board?

I vote yes, let's ban it. Not because the song is political though, just because it's awful.

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: October 3, 2012 04:09

GumbootCloggeroo

I believe we will be discussing the musical merits of the song, but that the lyrics might be off limits, or perhaps it would be OK if we don't discuss particular political figures, as the song just makes a sweeping comment on party ideology and nothing more... But things could get ugly from there. Besides, just about everyone here seems to despise the song, so a track talk thread for Sweet Neocon would likely never come to pass.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 3, 2012 04:11

GumbootCloggeroo
It probably will when people start going bat shit crazy insulting everyone is sight claiming some "one size fits all" politician is better than some other "one size fits all" politician... when in reality they are all full of crap.

Tip for watching the debate tomorrow night...
How can you tell a politician is telling a lie? His lips are moving.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: October 3, 2012 04:11

...I didn't love Mick's outfit....

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: October 3, 2012 06:19

Where was the cocktail party? In Washington DC?
Rock and Roll,
Mops

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1075
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home