Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT New Dwight Yoakam CD out
Posted by: Duane in Houston ()
Date: September 21, 2012 21:27

Dwight just released his first new CD in about 7 years. I haven't picked it up yet but I will very soon. BUT I found a streaming version of the title song (see below) I think it kicks F--king ASS !!! This is how you write a killer 3 part pop song. Enjoy.

[www.theboot.com]

Re: OT New Dwight Yoakam CD out
Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: September 21, 2012 21:40

I gave it a listen and its Dwight, so you gotta like it. But some of the songs were really not so good.

I miss Pete...

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 21, 2012 22:05

Nice song. His voice is a bit different (ie slightly less recognisable) than usual, by the sound of it

Date: September 22, 2012 01:51

i love it. he turned up the rock a little bit on this one. his best release since the 90's for sure

Posted by: Angus MacBagpipe ()
Date: September 22, 2012 07:10

I really liked everything Dwight did, up until 2003's "Population Me". That album and "Blame the Vain" which followed were hit or miss. A couple of great tracks, the rest not so great. This one hasn't grabbed me either. The bits I've heard are all just okay.

Now 2007's "Dwight Sings Buck" - THAT to me was his best in years.

Date: September 22, 2012 07:24

Angus MacBagpipe
I really liked everything Dwight did, up until 2003's "Population Me". That album and "Blame the Vain" which followed were hit or miss. A couple of great tracks, the rest not so great. This one hasn't grabbed me either. The bits I've heard are all just okay.

Now 2007's "Dwight Sings Buck" - THAT to me was his best in years.

blame the vain was for sure his career low point so far. only about 4 songs worth anything. this new album 3 pears though i dare say is the best thing he has released since 1995

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1523
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home