Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Keith's guitars on mylespaul
Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: September 14, 2012 18:17

In case someone has not seen this :

[www.mylespaul.com]

Re: Keith's guitars on mylespaul
Posted by: Koen ()
Date: September 14, 2012 18:22

1. 'Micawber' [...] Keith’s had this guitar since Exile On Main St. This guitar is kept in Open G tuning...

• 'Micawber' is used on songs like Brown Sugar and Honky Tonk Women.

I stopped reading after this first section.

Date: September 14, 2012 18:26

Koen

1. 'Micawber' [...] Keith’s had this guitar since Exile On Main St. This guitar is kept in Open G tuning...

Hope you at least looked at the photo's!

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: September 14, 2012 18:33

Koen

I think the writer meant: "...on recent tour(-s)", Koen.

It looks like a very tour-related blog/ site/ whatever.

Date: September 14, 2012 18:54

RoughJusticeOnYa
I think the writer meant: "...on recent tour(-s)", Koen.

Yeah, that makes sense.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: September 14, 2012 19:19

Koen

That's too bad because the site is literally filled with rare photos of the band, most of them showing the great guitars they have used, but plenty of unique ones! peace

Date: September 14, 2012 20:04

Ok, ok, ok, I'll give it another look smileys with beer

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: September 14, 2012 20:30

Naturalust
Koen

That's too bad because the site is literally filled with rare photos of the band, most of them showing the great guitars they have used, but plenty of unique ones! peace

Meh!
total rip off from Blue Lena's web sites and with Sssoul's photobucket account without giving credits to Photographers or the the original poster.
even stealing bandwidth by hot-linking those pics.
the guy doesn`t even bother to set up his own photobucket account.

no class, no style - just bad manners!
eye rolling smileythumbs down

Date: September 14, 2012 20:54

Good point. I saw that Blue Lena added a post on the last page stating very politely there were no credits given. So that's it for me too, my first hunch was right.

Date: September 14, 2012 22:18

Koen
Good point. I saw that Blue Lena added a post on the last page stating very politely there were no credits given. So that's it for me too, my first hunch was right.

OK - BlueLena has a great site! Here is what she said (she does go on to say thanks in last sentence)

just joined this forum today after discovering via Google this huge thread that was based on my original article I had written in November of 2007 for Stones Planet Fanzine, giving the low-down on Keith's guitars. Both Rich Henry (from this forum) & Johnny Starbuck (backline with the Stones) helped me write that article. I am happy to see that such a huge thread evolved & I am glad to spread the word about Keith's guitars, but wanted to toot my own horn so to speak since it was never mentioned that all this information and the photos were courtesy of myself, Rich and Johnny and appear at my website The Keith Shrine. Here is the direct link to the original article. I am a Les Paul Studio 60's tribute owner, as well as a Gibson Ronnie Wood limited edition J-200 owner (and I also own an Ernie Ball Music Man Silhouette like Keith played with the Winos & in '89 with the Stones, as well as an old early 80's Martin-Sigma acoustic.). Thanks for adding all the additional photos and commentary regarding Keef's guitars.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: September 14, 2012 22:40

2000 LYFH
Koen

OK - BlueLena has a great site! Here is what she said (she does go on to say thanks in last sentence)

just joined this forum today after discovering via Google this huge thread that was based on my original article I had written in November of 2007 for Stones Planet Fanzine, giving the low-down on Keith's guitars. Both Rich Henry (from this forum) & Johnny Starbuck (backline with the Stones) helped me write that article. I am happy to see that such a huge thread evolved & I am glad to spread the word about Keith's guitars, but wanted to toot my own horn so to speak since it was never mentioned that all this information and the photos were courtesy of myself, Rich and Johnny and appear at my website The Keith Shrine. Here is the direct link to the original article. I am a Les Paul Studio 60's tribute owner, as well as a Gibson Ronnie Wood limited edition J-200 owner (and I also own an Ernie Ball Music Man Silhouette like Keith played with the Winos & in '89 with the Stones, as well as an old early 80's Martin-Sigma acoustic.). Thanks for adding all the additional photos and commentary regarding Keef's guitars.

Er...Miss Blue Lena: you got all the information from this board, brought together by several hard core members, using their very own pictures, of which many where by With Ssoul.

After you had posted the article you mention here, you received various personal emails explaining the differences between the various guitars, tunings, strings and what more....

Mathijs

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: September 15, 2012 17:36

Ok bad manners but the photos are pretty spectacular in any case. peace

Date: September 15, 2012 19:54

Naturalust

Yeah, but you saw them here first.
[www.iorr.org]

Date: September 15, 2012 20:53

open-g
Naturalust

[www.iorr.org]

I agree that the Photographer should be sited (like with sssoul always suggested we do), but all these photos are copied from site to site. It's very hard to actually know who owns a photo. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think it's a crime what they did on this Les Paul forum. They just wanted to show the guitars to each other. Did you read Mathijs response above where Blue Lena obtained a lot of her information from? And most of the photos on her site have no photographer reference. But I do love her site and I'm sure she has worked very hard on it through the years.

I was actually trying to find a photo of Keith playing a 12 string in the 1960's and came across this site and then thought I would share it here.

Date: September 15, 2012 21:50

2000 LYFH
open-g
Naturalust

[www.iorr.org]

I agree that the Photographer should be sited (like with sssoul always suggested we do), but all these photos are copied from site to site. It's very hard to actually know who owns a photo. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think it's a crime what they did on this Les Paul forum. They just wanted to show the guitars to each other. Did you read Mathijs response above where Blue Lena obtained a lot of her information from? And most of the photos on her site have no photographer reference. But I do love her site and I'm sure she has worked very hard on it through the years.

I was actually trying to find a photo of Keith playing a 12 string in the 1960's and came across this site and then thought I would share it here.

Lots of information is stored in the file name. just right click it and see.

stealing bandwidth isn't a crime per se (I think) but just imagine you copied and pasted all those photos from there - right here in this thread again and boldly carry on to give us a basic rundown about Micawber & Co`'eye rolling smiley

it is quite likely that Photobucket's free bandwidth would exceed and all sites feeding from just one account would get to see the grey `Sorry' box.

It's nice that you shared the link to what you found - not each and every pic.
see what I mean?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1217
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home