Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
OT: Possible Led Zeppelin activity this Christmas (via Eddie Trunk)
Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: July 26, 2012 07:17

Radio personality Eddie Trunk (Eddie Trunk Live, Sirius and Q104.3 out of NYC) tweeted the following earlier:

"Heard from a very reliable source backstage at Aerosmith show that there will be some sort of Led Zeppelin activity around Christmas..."

What that means, who the hell knows. Doesn't seem he knows much else either but wouldn't be something he would be spreading for no reason. Wonder who his source was. Other tweets regarding the subject:

"What exactly I don't know, I would assume a possible gig? It's 45 years since first album so maybe something with that? We shall see..."

"'@JasonGruhn: @EddieTrunk Hopefully they'll finally release that DVD of the 07 reunion show' maybe? Maybe a live show to celebrate? Not sure"

Has anyone heard anything else about something possibly coming up? I know there are probably rumors abound, and I gave up awhile ago on anything else Zeppelin, but I have to admit this does get me pretty curious!

Re: OT: Possible Led Zeppelin activity this Christmas (via Eddie Trunk)
Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: July 26, 2012 08:04

This affaire is dead as a Dodo

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 26, 2012 11:42

"there will be some sort of Led Zeppelin activity around Christmas"

= another "remastered" best-of?

Date: July 26, 2012 11:59

dcba
"there will be some sort of Led Zeppelin activity around Christmas"

= another "remastered" best-of?

hey jimmy page might be low on money or something. we've seen he's low on ideas. for someone that is hailed as a great songwriter and a great guitar player he hasn't done much of anything since 1980. 2 albums with the firm, 1 solo album, 1 album with plant, 1 album with coverdale and 2 live albums of zeppelin material and covers (1 with plant and 1 with the black crowes). so thats 5 albums of new material in 32 years. so prolific a writer isn't page. oh i forgot a few guest appearances on others people stuff.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-26 12:58 by keefriffhard4life.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: July 26, 2012 12:50

This will go down like a lead balloon.

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: July 26, 2012 13:49

My mate went to work in london a few weeks ago filming an advert for a new secret Led Zep release. He was told to keep it all hush hush, cus it was on the down low. He was shitting his pants cus he thought it was reunion related.

Turns out it he was filming an advert as a member of the crowd in a recreation of a classic 70's gig. Sounded a great day.

Advert was for a new guitar hero led zep edition. not as exciting as it coulda been, but hey.

Posted by: spsimmons ()
Date: July 26, 2012 14:03

I was hoping it would be their reunion concert from 2007 finally getting a release. New Guitar Hero? What a let down.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: July 26, 2012 14:18

It's 45 years since first album so maybe something with that? We shall see..."

No, in December it will be 44 years since the first album.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: July 26, 2012 14:51

spsimmons
I was hoping it would be their reunion concert from 2007 finally getting a release. New Guitar Hero? What a let down.

Yes, this would be news worthy. Always wanted to hear a good mix of this show.

I hear there is a video on YouTube or elsewhere that has an audio mix of about 10 crowd source recordings. Would be interesting to hear.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: July 26, 2012 15:05

Monkeytonkman
My mate went to work in london a few weeks ago filming an advert for a new secret Led Zep release. He was told to keep it all hush hush, cus it was on the down low. He was shitting his pants cus he thought it was reunion related.

Turns out it he was filming an advert as a member of the crowd in a recreation of a classic 70's gig. Sounded a great day.

Advert was for a new guitar hero led zep edition. not as exciting as it coulda been, but hey.

The Guitar Hero series was cancelled then put on hold, so it could be resurrected with a heavy-weight group like LZ.

Date: July 26, 2012 17:28

tatters
It's 45 years since first album so maybe something with that? We shall see..."

No, in December it will be 44 years since the first album.
He's talking about them announcing a tour for 2013 to honor the 45th anniversary

Date: July 26, 2012 17:30

Perhaps Led Zeppelin is also releasing a hard rock compilation via iTunes called something like MISTY MOUNTAIN HOPPING.

Date: July 26, 2012 19:21

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Perhaps Led Zeppelin is also releasing a hard rock compilation via iTunes called something like MISTY MOUNTAIN HOPPING.
Not that its a bad idea, and its certainly possible, but they just released Mothership at the same time as their reunion show. And that was very much promoted as their introduction to iTunes etc. Just seems like its already been done.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: July 26, 2012 19:24

leteyer
This affaire is dead as a Dodo

Thought it was doornail?

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: July 26, 2012 19:26

Well Eddie Trunk doesn't talk just for the sake of talking. So something might be up.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 26, 2012 19:32

Hey it's LED Zepplin activity remember? That means it has to be something in which Bonzo was at least affiliated with. Not Page/Plant etc...

Led Zepplin died with their drummer. A hard lesson for all rock bands but a beautiful gesture to a friend in reality.

I expect they are looking at how the Stones have been profiting from their catalog and will release a Special DVD and/or DVD Audio package of one or more of their stellar 70's concerts. peace

Date: July 26, 2012 19:42

Naturalust
Hey it's LED Zepplin activity remember? That means it has to be something in which Bonzo was at least affiliated with. Not Page/Plant etc...

Led Zepplin died with their drummer. A hard lesson for all rock bands but a beautiful gesture to a friend in reality.

I expect they are looking at how the Stones have been profiting from their catalog and will release a Special DVD and/or DVD Audio package of one or more of their stellar 70's concerts. peace
Their reunion concert was billed as LED Zeppelin so I don't think it necessarily means its only related to when the band was active. Could easily be a DVD release of their reunion show, which I'd much prefer over past performances. There are already alot of those and to have the reunion show, which they played excellently at, in amazing quality would be a really nice treat.

sweetcharmedlife
Well Eddie Trunk doesn't talk just for the sake of talking. So something might be up.
Exactly. Thats the only reason I bring it up because he usually knows what and when to put something out to the public. He must be under the impression this is something seriously being considered to happen this Christmas.

Date: July 26, 2012 19:45

RE: "for someone that is hailed as a great songwriter and a great guitar player he hasn't done much of anything since 1980."

hasn't had to though, has he? he did it all, and then some, before then

but rumours for anything 'new' from zep?

it's probably surely BS

Date: July 26, 2012 19:49

They'll have to find a new singer. You've all lost Robert to Texas for good...

[www.tmdailypost.com]

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: July 26, 2012 19:53

I seem to recall that there was some horrible feedback during the first song of the reunion show. Could that be the reason why it's been on the shelf since then?

Date: July 26, 2012 19:53

RollingFreak
Their reunion concert was billed as LED Zeppelin .

I'll bet they were put up to it by a promoter and needed the cash. Rather dissapointing, at least the show was great, they probably called up Bonzo's ghost backstage before the show , or something. peace

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: July 26, 2012 19:59

Maybe they'll offically release the reunion show they did.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: July 26, 2012 20:07

GumbootCloggeroo
I seem to recall that there was some horrible feedback during the first song of the reunion show. Could that be the reason why it's been on the shelf since then?
I have the bootleg, and too my knowledge there was nothing horrible about the performance. Maybe a few minor inconveniences of feedback, etc, but nothing that should make the performance unusable. I know afterwards, Page said they weren't going to release it right then because they didn't want to profit from it but that he would go back and possible spruce it up for an official release. I'm sure it'll get released at some point if its just sitting there. My thought for why he didn't release it was because it was one performance, and Page is legendary for his usage of making everything sound perfect using multiple live recordings. How The West Was Won and The Song Remains The Same are riddles with those. So I figured Page boxed himself into a hole by not being able to edit anything differently from this one show lol.

Date: July 26, 2012 20:16

RollingFreak
GumbootCloggeroo
I have the bootleg, and too my knowledge there was nothing horrible about the performance. Maybe a few minor inconveniences of feedback, etc, but nothing that should make the performance unusable. I know afterwards, Page said they weren't going to release it right then because they didn't want to profit from it but that he would go back and possible spruce it up for an official release. I'm sure it'll get released at some point if its just sitting there. My thought for why he didn't release it was because it was one performance, and Page is legendary for his usage of making everything sound perfect using multiple live recordings. How The West Was Won and The Song Remains The Same are riddles with those. So I figured Page boxed himself into a hole by not being able to edit anything differently from this one show lol.

Could be true. Page is that way, but he could use the widely available Shepperton rehearsals. Those performances 2 weeks before the main gig are in incredibly perfect digital stereo.

Date: July 26, 2012 20:22

Munichhilton
incredibly perfect digital stereo.

They will have to reamp the stuff then to give it some analog magic. Sounds like could use the skills of Jeff Lynne working with Jimmy Page. peace

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: July 26, 2012 20:30

My understanding is that Page won't release Zeppelin's material without the other's permission (even though he most likely owns the rights), and Plant, so far, has said No to the 2007 reunion release. I think if it were all up to Page, there would be much more released live (and maybe some studio) material.

Date: July 26, 2012 20:34

BluzDude
My understanding is that Page won't release Zeppelin's material without the other's permission (even though he most likely owns the rights), and Plant, so far, has said No to the 2007 reunion release. I think if it were all up to Page, there would be much more released live (and maybe some studio) material.
Really? I know Plant is against touring, but I've never read anything about him not wanting other stuff being released. Maybe because that just fuels rumor talk? It always seemed to me that Page didn't want to make a profit off what was a charity show for Ahmet Ertegun. 5 years down the line from that show though, it seems like it would be a fitting release.I honestly wouldn't need anything else from them so I think that would be a great way to bookend their career.

Posted by: likecats ()
Date: July 26, 2012 20:39

Naturalust
RollingFreak
Their reunion concert was billed as LED Zeppelin .

I'll bet they were put up to it by a promoter and needed the cash. Rather dissapointing, at least the show was great, they probably called up Bonzo's ghost backstage before the show , or something. peace

The concert was both a fundraiser and a way of honoring the late Ahmet Ertegun (in fact, the tickets say Ahmet Tribute Concert, not Led Zeppelin), and they weren't raising money for themselves. The profits went to the Ahmet Ertegun Education Fund to provide scholarships for students to attend universities in the U.S., U.K., and Turkey.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: July 26, 2012 20:41

RollingFreak
BluzDude
Really? I know Plant is against touring, but I've never read anything about him not wanting other stuff being released. Maybe because that just fuels rumor talk? It always seemed to me that Page didn't want to make a profit off what was a charity show for Ahmet Ertegun. 5 years down the line from that show though, it seems like it would be a fitting release.I honestly wouldn't need anything else from them so I think that would be a great way to bookend their career.

I agree it would make a great release. I have the Boot of the show, and if properly mastered, I think it would sound great.

Date: July 26, 2012 20:43

Naturalust
Munichhilton
incredibly perfect digital stereo.

They will have to reamp the stuff then to give it some analog magic. Sounds like could use the skills of Jeff Lynne working with Jimmy Page. peace

ahhh heck. they probably had an amp in there somewhere

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1524
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home