Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Keith's condition?
Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: September 8, 2012 14:38

Do you think that if Keith was too frail, brain damaged or arthritic to play a show , they would be making gig plans ?

He must have been doing o k back in May when the band had a reported 35 h.rs of rehearsals or there is no way Mick would risk it.

It's not as if recent rehearsals / recording sessions have had the full "Vegas" band or even Blondie to cover from him. I think/hope he will be fine, with the obvious finger limitations that started on the Licks tour smiling smiley

opinions?

sc uk

Re: Keith's condition?
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: September 8, 2012 14:40

I'm thinking Keith was mighty rusty earlier in the year, and these upcoming shows will be the barometer indicating if Keith can go further.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: September 8, 2012 14:47

Yes he was rusty as hell at the tribute stuff.I think he will need to practice a lot, but signs must be good IMHO.

If the band are all in London for the Crossfire Hurricane premier in Oct.I could see that been the start of a 4 week rehearsal period .

sc uk

Date: September 8, 2012 14:59

Hopefully he can stand the pressure of expectations and hope from fans and the lurking media after all these roumours about his health and ability to play. I wonder how much he knows of that, how much his people tell him about the doubts and speculations around and how much he maybe reads or hears himself of that. If I was him and if I knew all that, I would feel like in a way, when entering a stage with the Rolling Stones again, I'm putting myself under a microscope.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: September 8, 2012 15:44

Any performer who walks onto a stage is under observation. So the fate of Keith is not that unique in this aspect.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: September 8, 2012 15:51

He's drunk, juiced up and sloppy.
...and if you think the rumors of him 'running' after he's been walking are true....I pity you.

On Keith! On!

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: September 8, 2012 16:03

There must be a reason for just doing 5 shows...

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: September 8, 2012 16:09

steffiestones

What's your theory?

Posted by: aprilfool ()
Date: September 8, 2012 16:36

If he can play ONE show, he could play more with 1 or 2 break days between each gig. But the question is, could he play ONE show. Technically and physically. Not sure!

Posted by: seitan ()
Date: September 8, 2012 16:42

steffiestones

Nobody really knows about Keith's condition, we will have to wait and see.

What we do know is this:

Stones have just recorded two new songs,
Stones are going to play few shows in public soon,
Keith has played fine guitar on the latest Tom Waits album
Keith has just produced Aaron Neville's forthcoming new album.
It's too early to say anything about Keith's condition.

Date: September 8, 2012 16:47

windmelody
Any performer who walks onto a stage is under observation. So the fate of Keith is not that unique in this aspect.

Of course everybody gets observed, and he must be used to that by now. But Keith Richards will probably be the most observed in this band, the one people will judge and analyze more than the other Stones, even more than Mick Jagger. Because he caused the most doubts and speculations in recent years about his "condition" (see the title of this thread and several others). And it must feel different if you are observed and feel on top of your game (or if you are not on top but don't realize because you are too stoned) or if you are observed and have some troubles and even are considered the weak link of the group by some people (maybe even by the other band members). That's why I wonder how many of these worries by fans, reviews and nasty press comments people (friends, family, management) report to him - or if they think it's better for him not to know too much. I don't think he reads this or another forum himself, then he would know.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-08 17:03 by StrawberriesBlueberries.

Date: September 8, 2012 17:00

seitan
steffiestones

Keith has played fine guitar on the latest Tom Waits album
Keith has just produced Aaron Neville's forthcoming new album.

He also plays and sings on It's been a long, long time on the album Thank you Les that comes out in 3 days (Keith On Les Paul Tribute Album). Has that already been posted? Just listend to the excerpt on Amazon, but it's way too short to get an impression. And of course it's no Stones like song.

Posted by: drwatts ()
Date: September 8, 2012 18:25

All the vultures have been circling Keef since 1970. Give it a goddamn rest already. He'll be there to piss on y'alls grave!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: September 8, 2012 20:02

He's still got blood in his drugstream, let him play what he will. It's bound to be entertaining on many levels. peace

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: September 8, 2012 21:30

aprilfool
If he can play ONE show, he could play more with 1 or 2 break days between each gig. But the question is, could he play ONE show. Technically and physically. Not sure!

Not that I think this will happen, but if it turns out to be the worse case scenario where they barely get through one show (it's bad), then what about the other 3 shows not to mention the future?

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: September 8, 2012 21:35

drwatts
All the vultures have been circling Keef since 1970. Give it a goddamn rest already. He'll be there to piss on y'alls grave!

LOL - You got a point there!

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: September 8, 2012 21:37

I think the band will have a contingency plan to cover him.

If they have a large back up.. Chuck, Bobby, Blondie (and perhaps Waddy).. Ronnie could kick off the songs.

Keith just has to do his one leg lift flicks.. his poses... and smile a lot.

Actually.. it would be kind of ironic if they turned his guitar down.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-08 21:39 by GravityBoy.

Posted by: readymade ()
Date: September 8, 2012 22:05

by the way, is keith having a residence in england?

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: September 8, 2012 22:09

I've heard things, as Robert DeNiro famously said.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: September 8, 2012 22:13

readymade
by the way, is keith having a residence in england?

I'm pretty sure Anita looks after it when he's not there.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1404
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home