Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

ABKCO Will Be Premiering 'Charlie Is My Darling - 1965 Irish Tour' at the New York Film Festival Septermber 29. Tickets Go On Sale Sept 9th. Official DVD/Blu-ray Release November 6th.
Posted by: stones1962 ()
Date: August 28, 2012 01:08

Today ABKCO went public about the release of Charlie Is My Darling being premiered at the New York Film Festival on September 29th. There should be more information to follow about the official release regarding the DVD and Blu-ray release on November 6th.

Here is the press release. You can order tickets through this link.

[www.rollingstone.com]

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-01 23:41 by stones1962.

Re: 'Charlie Is My Darling - 1965 Irish Tour' Premeiring at the New York Film Festival Septermber 29. Get Tickets.
Date: August 28, 2012 05:40

Here's more information about the films release on ABKCO's web site. www.abkco.com

"World Premiere of The Rolling Stones Charlie is my Darling - Ireland 1965 at New York Film Festival. Box Set out Nov. 6
Posted on Aug 27th, 2012

Visit the New York Film Festival Website

ABKCO FIlms and the 50th New York Film Festival are proud to join in the celebration of the 50th Anniversary of the Rolling Stones by announcing the World Premiere of The Rolling Stones Charlie is my Darling - Ireland 1965 on Saturday, September 29th at 7:00 PM. An encore screening of the film will take place on Wednesday, October 3rd at 8:30 PM. Both screenings are scheduled for the Walter Reade Theatre.

What was once rumor is now fact as ABKCO Films presents a meticulously restored and fully-realized version of this first-ever, legendary but never released film. Shot on a quick tour of Ireland just weeks after the Rolling Stones’ “(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction” hit # 1 on the charts and became the international anthem for a generation, The Rolling Stones Charlie is my Darling - Ireland 1965 is an intimate, behind-the-scenes diary of life on the road with the young Stones. It features the first professionally filmed concert performances of the band and documents the early frenzy of their fans and the riots the band’s appearances inspired.

Charlie is my Darling is a rediscovered letter from a lost world. It has long been a holy grail of rock fans, surfacing in bits and pieces and tantalizing but frustratingly un-synched fragments. The band is shown traveling through the Irish countryside by train; dashing from cabs to cramped, basement dressing rooms through screaming hordes of fans. Motel rooms host impromptu songwriting sessions and familiar classics are heard in their infancy as riff and lyric are united.

This new 2012 version of the film with added never-before-seen footage was directed and restored by director Mick Gochanour and producer Robin Klein, the GRAMMY® Award winning team that brought the classic The Rolling Stones Rock and Roll Circus to the screen. Charlie is my Darling’s dramatic and stunning concert footage – including electrifying performances of “(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction,” “The Last Time” and “Time Is On My Side” – shows the band developing its musical style by blending blues, R&B and rock-n-roll riffs, and captures the spark about to combust into The Greatest Rock and Roll Band in the World. Candid, off-the-cuff interviews are juxtaposed with revealing, comical scenes of the band goofing on one another as well as unsuspecting outsiders, and offers an unmatched look inside the day-to-day life of the Stones.

Originally directed by pioneering filmmaker Peter Whitehead and produced by Rolling Stones manager and producer Andrew Loog Oldham, Charlie is my Darling is the lost preamble to a life captured on screen. Like no other band, the Rolling Stones repeatedly put themselves under the microscope, allowing the greatest filmmakers of our era – including Jean-Luc Godard, the Maysles, Robert Frank, Michael Lindsay-Hogg, Hal Ashby and Martin Scorsese – inside their world. Charlie is my Darling is the invaluable frame: the unseen story of the band becoming the legend.

ABKCO Films will be making a major announcement regarding a nationally televised Broadcast Premiere in the next few weeks and has set Tuesday November 6th as the commercial retail release date for The Rolling Stones Charlie is my Darling – Ireland 1965, the director’s cut, the producer’s cut and this new 2012 version will be available on DVD, Blu-ray and as part of a Super Deluxe Box Set.

Walter Reade Theater
165 West 65th Street (between Broadway and Amsterdam, upper level)
Monday – Friday: 12:30 p.m. – 15 minutes after the start of the last screening of the day.
Saturday and Sunday: 30 minutes prior to start of first screening of the day - 15 minutes after start of last screening of the day.
212.875.5601"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-29 01:16 by stones1962.

Re: 'Charlie Is My Darling - 1965 Irish Tour' Premeiring at the New York Film Festival Septermber 29. Get Tickets.
Date: August 28, 2012 07:41

stones1962
Today it ABKCO went public about the release of Charlie Is My Darling being premiered at the New York Film Festival on September 29th. There should be more information to follow about the DVD/Blu-ray release on November 6th.

Here is the press release.

[www.rollingstone.com]

Yes, and there will be an encore showing on October 3.

Date: August 28, 2012 17:57

Anybody going?

Date: August 29, 2012 01:11

The tickets will go on sale September 9 at Noon through this web site: [www.filmlinc.com]

Re: 'Charlie Is My Darling - 1965 Irish Tour' Premeiring at the New York Film Festival Septermber 29. Tickets Go On Sale Sept 9th. .
Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: August 29, 2012 01:45

Dang, I wish it was the beginnning of November, I'll be in NYC then. I wonder if it will play at any other film festivals?

Re: 'Charlie Is My Darling - 1965 Irish Tour' Premeiring at the New York Film Festival Septermber 29. Tickets Go On Sale Sept 9th. .
Date: August 29, 2012 01:50

latebloomer
Dang, I wish it was the beginnning of November, I'll be in NYC then. I wonder if it will play at any other film festivals?

I will try and find out.

Rob

Date: August 30, 2012 04:16

It will be the ABKCO 2012 version that will be shown at the New York Film Festival. This version should be very interesting as most of the footage has never been seen.

Date: September 1, 2012 20:55

From what I hear ABKCO will be releasing all the details of what will be on the Deluxe-version of Charlie Is My Darling in a few weeks. I know it will include a booklet. It will be released in the States on Election Day - November 6th.

Rob

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-01 20:56 by stones1962.

Date: September 1, 2012 23:43

MightyStonesStillRollin50
Anybody going?

Yes, I will be there. Hopefully for both shows.

Re: ABKCO Will Be Premiering 'Charlie Is My Darling - 1965 Irish Tour' at the New York Film Festival Septermber 29. Tickets Go On Sale Sept 9th. Official DVD/Blu-ray Release November 6th.
Posted by: dadrob ()
Date: September 2, 2012 00:02

I wonder if there will be properly synced performance footage add. I have had a copy of the original film since 1979 and the interviews etc are fun but the weird dubbed over concert stuff is annoying.......the cigarette trick and Mick n Keith drunk is fun stuff

Re: ABKCO Will Be Premiering 'Charlie Is My Darling - 1965 Irish Tour' at the New York Film Festival Septermber 29. Tickets Go On Sale Sept 9th. Official DVD/Blu-ray Release November 6th.
Date: September 2, 2012 00:25

dadrob
I wonder if there will be properly synced performance footage add. I have had a copy of the original film since 1979 and the interviews etc are fun but the weird dubbed over concert stuff is annoying.......the cigarette trick and Mick n Keith drunk is fun stuff

From what I understand all the versions have been cleaned up and synced properly.

Actually there are three versions of the film. All of which will be in the Deluxe-version coming out on November 6th. The one you have is probably the 50-minute version that has been on the bootleg market for 30 years. There is also a Director's Cut that is significantly longer then the 50-minute version. The third version is the "2012" version put together by ABKCO this year and consists of mostly footage that was not used in the other two versions. The "2012 Version" is the one being showed at the New York Film Festival. The Deluxe-version will be coming with a booklet as well. I don't know the contents of the less pricey version coming out on November 6th, but ABKCO will be going public with more information in a few weeks.

Posted by: dadrob ()
Date: September 2, 2012 01:21

it sure did not seem as if there was live audio to sync but I look forward to finding out...the BBC sessions and the few live shots of the Brian era band are pretty cool stuff. Off my cloud into Yesterdays papers and back is really neat idea

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: September 2, 2012 02:11

stones1962
dadrob

From what I understand all the versions have been cleaned up and synced properly.

Actually there are three versions of the film. All of which will be in the Deluxe-version coming out on November 6th. The one you have is probably the 50-minute version that has been on the bootleg market for 30 years. There is also a Director's Cut that is significantly longer then the 50-minute version. The third version is the "2012" version put together by ABKCO this year and consists of mostly footage that was not used in the other two versions. The "2012 Version" is the one being showed at the New York Film Festival. The Deluxe-version will be coming with a booklet as well. I don't know the contents of the less pricey version coming out on November 6th, but ABKCO will be going public with more information in a few weeks.
Great. Thanks for letting us know!smoking smiley

Date: September 4, 2012 15:06

I see Amazon.com has already raised the price for the Deluxe version on Blu-ray. It was priced at $50 last week and is now at $65. Sometimes they will lower the price again before the release date,

ABKCO should be releasing more information on the contents of the release soon.

[www.amazon.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1483
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home