Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

50 Years Photo Exhibition
Posted by: Dean ()
Date: September 2, 2012 22:14

Dear All,

I went today and took my daughter (age 14) and son (aqe 9) so the Stones have 2 new recruits.

Much to my surprise they enjoyed the exhibition and were full of (non irritating lol) questions and comments.

After the exhibition we spent the rest of the day around Covent Garden and Leicester Square and finished off coming home via Westfield and sampling a little of the Olympic and Paralympic atmosphere.

I wanted to go for a long time to see the photos however (as they do) other things kept cropping up and I thought I missed the opportunity as it was due to close last week.

I see my children every other weekend and thought they'd appreciate a day out in London however my youngest told me he really really enjoyed today especially the photos when I took them home.

My daughter is keenly waiting for the "special" announcement Tuesday as she's expecting a ticket to the o2!

There is a photo of the Stones on stage (people who have been will know this) at Earls' Court in 1976 which I got asked loads about as they know that's where I saw them for the 1st time and was just 2 years older than my daughter is now.

Just wanted to share my lovely days experience with two very special people. thanks for your indulgences yawning smiley)

Dean.

Re: 50 Years Photo Exhibition
Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: September 2, 2012 22:50

How wonderful for you and your children, it sounds like a lovely day indeed. smiling smiley

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: September 2, 2012 23:04

Sounds nice.............I assume the weather was nice in London...as all the clouds from London seems to drift to my hometown grinning smiley

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: September 2, 2012 23:37

Dean
Dear All,

I went today and took my daughter (age 14) and son (aqe 9) so the Stones have 2 new recruits.

Much to my surprise they enjoyed the exhibition and were full of (non irritating lol) questions and comments.

After the exhibition we spent the rest of the day around Covent Garden and Leicester Square and finished off coming home via Westfield and sampling a little of the Olympic and Paralympic atmosphere.

I wanted to go for a long time to see the photos however (as they do) other things kept cropping up and I thought I missed the opportunity as it was due to close last week.

I see my children every other weekend and thought they'd appreciate a day out in London however my youngest told me he really really enjoyed today especially the photos when I took them home.

My daughter is keenly waiting for the "special" announcement Tuesday as she's expecting a ticket to the o2!

There is a photo of the Stones on stage (people who have been will know this) at Earls' Court in 1976 which I got asked loads about as they know that's where I saw them for the 1st time and was just 2 years older than my daughter is now.

Just wanted to share my lovely days experience with two very special people. thanks for your indulgences yawning smiley)

Dean.
Very nice story - it's good to hear your children seem open to the Stones. The next generation will keep the Stones amazing music alive long after we have "left the building."smoking smiley

Date: September 3, 2012 11:41

Thankyou for your replies - I appreciate them very much.

Nicos, It was a humid day - early in the afternoon the sun broke through and it was hot however about 4pm the clouds looked a bit threatening however it did stay dry although the humidity rose again. You must have had the nasty wet stuff lol

Memphis, I told the children they won't see all those photos in one place again so my little boy asked why they won't do the same for hteir 60th anniversary? That question was bit difficult to answer!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: September 3, 2012 15:15

I love the story and I LOVE your boy's optimism!

Date: September 3, 2012 19:23

Dean
Thankyou for your replies - I appreciate them very much.

Nicos, It was a humid day - early in the afternoon the sun broke through and it was hot however about 4pm the clouds looked a bit threatening however it did stay dry although the humidity rose again. You must have had the nasty wet stuff lol

Memphis, I told the children they won't see all those photos in one place again so my little boy asked why they won't do the same for hteir 60th anniversary? That question was bit difficult to answer!!!!!!!!!!

So do I Kurt, So do I LOL!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1703
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home