Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Some perspective on "The Stones have sucked since 19__"
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 15, 2020 06:41

Still.....I think time has shown Phil to be full of crap. The Stones continued to contribute strongly at least into the early 80s. They were pushing rock and roll. Something like 'Bitch' has noting comparable. It sounds like what rock should be, but only they took it there. I listening to Aftermath last night and I realized it's not that far removed from Beggars Banquet. Buttons and Satanic Majesties sounds all the odder for being between them.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: May 15, 2020 08:16

Silver Dagger

The music scene in 68 had moved on from Phil's glorious mono golden age so I sense bitterness that he wasn't invited to the party.

Yep SD, ... bitterness. Along with "envy" (one still being okay with the others success) and jealousy (a mental disease) they are often the hidden emotions behind peoples remarks towards others. Some journalists/reporters have a nose for triggering those emotions during f.i. interviews/reports. What happened to John Lennon? In the 60s he was a different man (at least publicly) compared to in the 70s. Why did Paul Simon say S&G were "better" than the Stones? And so on and on.
Man, it's only rock 'n roll ...
smileys with beer

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: May 15, 2020 14:16

Rockman
.heck ... who went back
and dug this dead dog up ?????

I dont know how I landed with the thread, was a link in another thread I was reading (track review of Rock and a Hard Place I think - big into Steel Wheels at moment). After posting saw 2010 was last known activity lol

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: May 15, 2020 18:42

Great thread. Thanks Doxa, Ed et al for yer insightful posts.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: May 15, 2020 18:53

Conjecture cannot be confused with objective evidence on subjective opinion, where there is no objective evidence provided.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2042
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home