Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Clip: Philadelphia, Sept. 26 1981 Coverage of Stones fans waiting for concert
Posted by: open-g ()
Date: August 12, 2012 17:23

Philadelphia. Sept. 26 1981. Coverage of Rolling Stones fans waiting for concert. The Stones perform Under My Thumb.
Cab drivers share their stories of celebrity fares.
'Every famous person in the world gives better tips to cab drivers than Mick Jagger.'

[archive.org]

Re: Clip: Philadelphia, Sept. 26 1981 Coverage of Stones fans waiting for concert
Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: August 13, 2012 06:16

open-g
'Every famous person in the world gives better tips to cab drivers than Mick Jagger.'

[archive.org]

According to that one driver, Aretha doesn't tip at all. So there's at least one famous person that tips less than him.

Re: Clip: Philadelphia, Sept. 26 1981 Coverage of Stones fans waiting for concert
Date: August 13, 2012 07:16

Great stuff

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: August 13, 2012 15:59

Thanx for the nice find!
I've known these times myself but it is still hard to imagine today how it was in those stadiums without any video screens, etc. It's been all about the event . .

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: August 13, 2012 16:14

ryanpow
open-g

[archive.org]

According to that one driver, Aretha doesn't tip at all. So there's at least one famous person that tips less than him.

Maybe the cab driver didn't tell the whole story. winking smiley

perhaps he farted just before Mick entered....
or the ride was $4 and Mick only had $5 on him....or....

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: August 14, 2012 02:11

Wow. This video brings back some great memories. Philly has some of the best Stones fans anywhere. JFK stadium could comfortably hold 100,000. I remember George Thorogood and Journey opening.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: August 14, 2012 03:03

This video is super cool.
Thanks.

Some of the BEST Rolling Stones shows I have ever seen have been in outdoor stadiums. Damn, with all the talk of club shows or arena tours...

Give me an outdoor stadium on a beautiful day/night anytime!

Graham Kerr was pretty entertaining and a good tipper!
Ya learn something new everyday, huh?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1237
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home