Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Liver Than You'll Ever Be (first 55)
Posted by: JJackFl ()
Date: August 7, 2012 01:47

And you even don't need to know French to find who is first and WHY!>>>>>

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-07 18:34 by JJackFl.

Re: Liver Than You'll Ever Be
Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: August 7, 2012 02:22

Liver than you'll ever be?

or did you mean

Date: August 7, 2012 09:05

stonesnow

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 7, 2012 09:33

The most overhyped album of all time. Is that because it was the first? Get Yer Ya Ya's Out crushes it.

Date: August 7, 2012 10:42

JJackFl
stonesnow

Oh, alright--makes more sense with the hyphen. Was this a bootleg? No offense, the thread title just looked amusing.

Posted by: maremma ()
Date: August 7, 2012 11:22

stonesnow

or did you mean

"funny" comment!!
How would you manage in a foreign language (LoL) ?? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Thanks, indeed, for your understanding. smiling bouncing smiley smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: yorkey ()
Date: August 7, 2012 16:08

If you don't mind man, could you give the top 20 or so live albums from that list? just for interests sake... :-)

You got the Sun, You got the Moon,
and you've got
The Rolling Stones

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: August 7, 2012 16:11

Can any of the french speakers tell me what the list that has Keith Richards as number one is all about? Forgive my ignorance.

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: August 7, 2012 16:46

24FPS
The most overhyped album of all time. Is that because it was the first? Get Yer Ya Ya's Out crushes it.

Yeah it is over hyped but it is a fantastic quality complete Stones show from arguably there best tour. It helped in that it was one of the first live boots in the era and came out so soon after the show.

Matter of opinion of course but while the MSG performances on Ya Ya's is better in my opinion, and the sound quality is obviously better, Liver is a great sounding boot of a complete show which IMHO captures the atmosphere of the live show back then perfectly.

I enjoy both releases but sometimes Ya Ya's is just a little too slick and I prefer the rawer Liver.

Not a big fan of doctored live shows but Ya Ya's is a great listen.

Wish we would get a complete 69 show multitrack archive release warts and all someday.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: August 7, 2012 17:12

oldschool
24FPS

Yeah it is over hyped but it is a fantastic quality complete Stones show from arguably there best tour. It helped in that it was one of the first live boots in the era and came out so soon after the show.

Matter of opinion of course but while the MSG performances on Ya Ya's is better in my opinion, and the sound quality is obviously better, Liver is a great sounding boot of a complete show which IMHO captures the atmosphere of the live show back then perfectly.

I enjoy both releases but sometimes Ya Ya's is just a little too slick and I prefer the rawer Liver.

Wish we would get a complete 69 show multitrack archive release warts and all someday.

Good to see you're back after quite some time, if I remember well, oldschool!

The I'm Free version on Liver in particular is outstanding. Much more interesting than on the extra YY's songs.

But however great (and spectacular) the 1969 tour was, its brother (or sister) the European tour 1970 was even better.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-07 17:23 by kleermaker.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: August 7, 2012 17:14

gimme liver or gimme death....or something.

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: August 7, 2012 17:48

oldschool
24FPS

People need to remember that "Liver Than You'll Ever Be" was the first bootleg released following the 1969 tour. Since those of us who were able to catch some of those concerts will attest it was simply fantsatic to get Live Stones after the tour ended. The recording isn't fantastic but it reveals the spirit of the tour. There are some great moments on the LP. This album should never be compared with GYYYO. Ya Yas was cut at the end of the tour where the band was really cooking while Liver was done early on. This San Fran show also had Keith blowing out his amp which caused some delays.

More 1969 shows if they exist as soundboards would be wonderful as a new release from the band. It remains my favorite tour.

Date: August 7, 2012 17:59

the recording isn't fantastic? i say it's still the standard for live audience recordings...

Date: August 7, 2012 18:05

StonesTod
the recording isn't fantastic? i say it's still the standard for live audience recordings...

In my opinion it is a decent bootleg recording. I think there are better ones from this tour. Believe me though, the recording is good enough to give the listener a sense of what was going on with this concert. I have 2 copies of this album and I played them into the ground.

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: August 7, 2012 18:10

Good performance an "Liver", but unfortunately "just" an audience recording ... so for my ears no "fantastic sound", canĀ“t listen to it!

Posted by: maremma ()
Date: August 7, 2012 18:21

latebloomer
Can any of the french speakers tell me what the list that has Keith Richards as number one is all about? Forgive my ignorance.

==
Personal and "open" translation
December 1981. Under a shower of multicolored balloons, a fan goes onstage in the middle of satisfaction.
Jagger draped in a unionjack flag, nervous, goes on singging, and it's KR's responsibility to solve the problem: he uses his guitar to chase the guy, obviously impressed.
And then, as if nothing had happened, he returns to the song.
That's KR!

Date: August 7, 2012 18:29

filstan
StonesTod

In my opinion it is a decent bootleg recording. I think there are better ones from this tour. Believe me though, the recording is good enough to give the listener a sense of what was going on with this concert. I have 2 copies of this album and I played them into the ground.

although san diego may be a slightly better recording, liver stands alone as THE definitive document from the tour. i'm sorry, but i must insist here. i must.

Date: August 7, 2012 18:33

yorkey
If you don't mind man, could you give the top 20 or so live albums from that list? just for interests sake... :-

Date: August 7, 2012 19:13

StonesTod
filstan
StonesTod

although san diego may be a slightly better recording, liver stands alone as THE definitive document from the tour. i'm sorry, but i must insist here. i must.

Well if must insist, how can I argue with your passion for what is a great bootleg? At the time of the release LIVER was IT! I would bring that album to parties and people loved it. The opening tune Carol is so good. Played early it does capture all that was good with the setlist. Micks intro comments were typical of how loose the tour was. "Can you hear that? Ok, Keith play it man."

Date: August 7, 2012 19:20

filstan
StonesTod
filstan
StonesTod

Well if must insist, how can I argue with your passion for what is a great bootleg? At the time of the release LIVER was IT! I would bring that album to parties and people loved it. The opening tune Carol is so good. Played early it does capture all that was good with the setlist. Micks intro comments were typical of how loose the tour was. "Can you hear that? Ok, Keith play it man."

back when rocknroll and bootlegs mattered. let's turn back the clock to '69....or something.

Re: Liver Than You'll Ever Be (first 55)
Date: August 7, 2012 19:32

works for me in the music dept. Lets agree with Ronnie Lane. "I wish that I knew all I know now, when I was younger."

Date: August 7, 2012 19:43

maremma
stonesnow

or did you mean

"funny" comment!!
How would you manage in a foreign language (LoL) ?? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Thanks, indeed, for your understanding. smiling bouncing smiley smiling bouncing smiley

No need to manage, pictures are universal.

Date: August 7, 2012 19:48

[youtu.be]

Oh yea!

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: August 7, 2012 19:48

maremma
latebloomer

==
Personal and "open" translation
December 1981. Under a shower of multicolored balloons, a fan goes onstage in the middle of satisfaction.
Jagger draped in a unionjack flag, nervous, goes on singging, and it's KR's responsibility to solve the problem: he uses his guitar to chase the guy, obviously impressed.
And then, as if nothing had happened, he returns to the song.
That's KR!

Thank you very much, maremma.

Date: August 7, 2012 19:58

More good stuff!

[youtu.be]

Date: August 7, 2012 21:36

kleermaker
oldschool
24FPS

Yeah it is over hyped but it is a fantastic quality complete Stones show from arguably there best tour. It helped in that it was one of t hi byhe first live boots in the era and came out so soon after the show.

The I'm Free version on Liver in particular is outstanding. Much more interesting than on the extra YY's songs.

But however great (and spectacular) the 1969 tour was, its brother (or sister) the European tour 1970 was even better.

Thanks I took a break from the Stones but the archive releases and talk of a 50th anniversary tour got me excited again.

Just ordered the last 69 tour bootleg I needed so any suggested bootlegs from the EU 1970 tour?

Date: August 7, 2012 21:42

StonesTod
filstan
StonesTod

Similar in quality IMHO which is not surprising since the same person, Dub, recorded them using the same equipment. He also supposedly recorded both LA show and Phoenix in circulation.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 7, 2012 21:51

I guess my biggest problem with it is the sound quality. It sounds like it was recorded inside a tin can. Are there better sound versions?

Date: August 7, 2012 22:07

oldschool
StonesTod
filstan
StonesTod

Similar in quality IMHO which is not surprising since the same person, Dub, recorded them using the same equipment. He also supposedly recorded both LA show and Phoenix in circulation.

there's no supposablies about it...he recorded them all and a fabulous job he did.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: August 7, 2012 22:18

oldschool
kleermaker
oldschool
24FPS

Yeah it is over hyped but it is a fantastic quality complete Stones show from arguably there best tour. It helped in that it was one of t hi byhe first live boots in the era and came out so soon after the show.

Thanks I took a break from the Stones but the archive releases and talk of a 50th anniversary tour got me excited again.

Just ordered the last 69 tour bootleg I needed so any suggested bootlegs from the EU 1970 tour?

The best one is from Essen. I bought it decades ago and it was a revelation back then, after Liver and San Diego. I have it on vinyl (Swinging Pigs; European Tour 1970).

Have a listen on YT (I'll post part one of four):

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1644
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home