Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT-Traveling in Portugal
Posted by: chris girard ()
Date: July 16, 2012 18:13

Totally off topic--I am thinking about travaling to Portugal next spring, rent a car and see the country. Anyone have good recommendations for travel agents in Portugal who I work with?

Hoping for the Stones to play DC so I can see them on more time. My guitar teacher is teaching me to play Keep up Blues. He says it relatively easy, but we'll see.

Thanks

Chris

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-17 00:54 by chris girard.

Re: OT-Traveling in Portugal
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 16, 2012 20:14

Chris, you really need to separate this one thread into 4 separate threads, as they deal with completely different topics. You haven't asked, but glad to help:

1. "OT-Traveling in Portugal" (you've covered this one nicely, even adding the OT for those that might not have known you weren't going to reference the stones).

2. "OT-My email crashed and I lost the name of a travel agent in Greece" - uninteresting true, but you may get some responses from the IORR Greek contingent.

3. "Hope the Stones Play in DC!" - you'll get a bunch of thumbs up from the Washington people, political types, but the Baltimore Stones fans will have you for lunch.

4. "My Guitar teacher is teaching me Keep up Blues". The guitar nerds will weigh in heavily on this one. My prediction for a runaway thread.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: July 16, 2012 21:43

LOL at the answer above smoking smiley

Why use a travel agent? Just buy a ticket, rent a car, get a map and go. thumbs up

Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: July 16, 2012 22:56

Ha ha.
Hilarious thumbs up

Date: July 17, 2012 00:56

Ok treaclefingers You know any good travel agents in Portugal???? I live in Dc and want to see them one more time.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: July 17, 2012 00:58

I have only been to Lisbon and LOVED IT! I met a tour operator while in Lisbon and he recommended going to the hill country and taking a winery cruise. I am sure if you look on line you will find something. I spend five days in Lisbon and never ran out of things to see. And the food. The food is amazing! And if you like Port make sure you save room in your luggage to take some back with you.

Date: July 17, 2012 01:41

Ok, edited the message to meet treaclefingers standards. I am still looking for a good travel agent in Portugal and someone who knows how to play guitar.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: July 17, 2012 07:53

I love Lisbon as well. Fantastic picturesque city. And Fado music that will make you cry.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 17, 2012 08:31

chris girard
Ok treaclefingers You know any good travel agents in Portugal???? I live in Dc and want to see them one more time.

One place in Europe I wanted to go to, but never quite got there. Would love to though, good luck with it!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 17, 2012 10:40

Beautiful tiny country, you'll like it. Speaking Spanish or French will help if Portuguese is not your forte.

Beware of forest fires in the summer, though...

Date: July 17, 2012 18:02

Have you seen the video of Ana Moura, the Portugese Fado singer, with the Stones. I played it for my wife and she immediately went out a bought a Ana Moura tape. We now have three of Ana Moura, fado is beautiful music.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1457
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home