Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

How long before we can expect a offical Hampton 81 dvd release?
Posted by: msw2525 ()
Date: June 29, 2012 05:23

Given the amount of archive releases as of late I would think (hope) that this show would be coming up soon. It was professionally filmed and if im correct the first ever pay perview concert so I wouldn't think it would be too hard for them to touch it up. Hope it's sooner than later. At least now in the twilight years of the band they have been starting to dig into the archives.

Re: How long before we can expect a offical Hampton 81 dvd release?
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 29, 2012 05:58

Good question. Maybe if they ever do a deluxe edition of Tattoo You, which would be odd since it was basically older tracks. As it is I'm quite satisfied with my boot DVD. (Although I would probably buy the spruced up version).

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: June 29, 2012 06:13

I could be wrong here, but wasnt it just videotaped? I mean, it wasnt filmed like the 72 and 78 shows, was it? I dont know enough about it to swear to tho..

Date: June 29, 2012 08:31

Would it matter if it were videotaped and not filmed? It still looks good and sounds good. To me videotape can look much better than film if it's preserved right. All those appearances on Ed Sullivan are videotape.

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: June 29, 2012 08:42

yes it's getting long, I agree with msw2525.
It would be great to have it in 16:9
I also would be happy to have a L.A 75 DVD release
Thanks Mick for your attention

Posted by: saneens ()
Date: June 29, 2012 08:44

Hi guys this is me...
we have an online shop of antiques, Art and embroidery Please visit us on

Sterling-Silver

Posted by: aprilfool ()
Date: June 29, 2012 11:51

Don't need hampton, already there in excellent quality. If we have choice, something unknown should be very welcome.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: June 29, 2012 13:09

Yes; there could be a deluxe 3cd Tattoo You.

That could be added to my wishlist of deluxe editions of

1. Let It Bleed
2. Sticky Fingers
3. Goats Head Soup.

We can but dream

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: June 29, 2012 13:38

Please nothing more from 78 or 81. These are the crap years.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-06-29 13:39 by More Hot Rocks.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: June 29, 2012 14:01

Hampton is a good show, perhaps not great or classic but enjoyable nonetheless. I wouldn't say no to an official release, maybe with some choice outtakes from some of the other 81 shows that were filmed.

Date: June 29, 2012 15:43

More Hot Rocks

WHAT......smoking smiley

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: June 30, 2012 00:37

I would be very happy if they release officialy this show on video. My favourite version of the Rolling Sones!!!!!

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: June 30, 2012 00:42

24FPS
Would it matter if it were videotaped and not filmed? It still looks good and sounds good. To me videotape can look much better than film if it's preserved right. All those appearances on Ed Sullivan are videotape.

The only thing I would guess is that videotape doesn't warrant a bluray release since videotape is created at only a certain resolution vs film which doesn't have such constraints.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 30, 2012 01:48

Why not just watch it on Youtube? It's there, every song, in good enough sound and vision (If you have a decent computer and a pair of good headphones).
I don't think it will go away for a while, and it's free of charge.

Date: June 30, 2012 03:28

jamesfdouglas
24FPS

The only thing I would guess is that videotape doesn't warrant a bluray release since videotape is created at only a certain resolution vs film which doesn't have such constraints.

Is that true? Shit, that means we won't be seeing much new on videotape being released then. I don't see how it can be any worse than that Some Girls Live in Texas DVD. That's on film. I bought it on Blu-Ray for someone at X-mas. The sound is fantastic but the image is crap.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: July 2, 2012 22:39

24FPS
jamesfdouglas
24FPS

Is that true? Shit, that means we won't be seeing much new on videotape being released then. I don't see how it can be any worse than that Some Girls Live in Texas DVD. That's on film. I bought it on Blu-Ray for someone at X-mas. The sound is fantastic but the image is crap.

I agree. With the image quality on that one I would have been fine just getting the DVD. However I couldn't find a DVD/CD pack, just a blu-ray/CD pack, and I really wanted that CD... to CRANK in my van!!! smoking smiley

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: July 2, 2012 22:58

More Hot Rocks

I refer to 1967 as the crap year.

I LOVE 77-78-79-80-81-82-83....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1459
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home