Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: McCartney Turns 70
Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: June 18, 2012 22:26

Ringo wishes Paul a happy 70th...

And, from last July, Paul sends his birthday wishes to Ringo...

Re: OT: McCartney Turns 70
Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: June 18, 2012 23:18

winking smiley Happy Birthday to you, SIR PAUL! Thank you for all of those wonderful songs that always bring me back to a joyful moment in my life when I recall hearing those songs for the very first time! Cheers!

Date: June 18, 2012 23:18

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: June 18, 2012 23:27

Wow, 70! On stage you look like you just have been 30 :-) Happy Birthday sir Paul, and many more to come! I wish you strong health, so that you can give us joy for many more years. A bit selfish, I know...all the best!

Date: June 19, 2012 03:13

Happy Birthday to Sir Paul. The Beatle who really never wanted the magic to end. And it really hasn't, thanks to Sir Paul. Sends me back in time to happier days.

One Love Gold Rings On Ya, mate.smileys with beer

Date: June 19, 2012 03:18

Noticed that Life magazine has paid tribute to Sir Paul reaching 70. Saw it right next to their tribute to the Stones 50th in my local super market today. Kind of cool seeing them resting next to each other on the top row of the magazine rack.

Every once in awhile I feel I am back in the sixties. The greatest decade of my life.

Date: June 19, 2012 04:17

MightyStonesStillRollin50
Noticed that Life magazine has paid tribute to Sir Paul reaching 70. Saw it right next to their tribute to the Stones 50th in my local super market today. Kind of cool seeing them resting next to each other on the top row of the magazine rack.

Every once in awhile I feel I am back in the sixties. The greatest decade of my life.

Watching him on Palladia at this very moment!

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: June 19, 2012 08:28

Paul just wants to play music.

That's all he ever wanted to do.

A true musician.

Happy Birthday Paul.

Posted by: Phil Good ()
Date: June 19, 2012 08:54

Happy Birthday Sir Paul.
70 now and still going strong.

Saw him last year in concert and there was not one bum note.

Date: June 19, 2012 19:28

GravityBoy
Paul just wants to play music.

That's all he ever wanted to do.

A true musician.

Happy Birthday Paul.

Sometimes I wonder what would have become of John Lennon if he had lived. Would he have been honored with knighthood? Would he have accepted? Would he be as "big" in the music world or as popular as Paul is today? Would he have continued making music like Paul into his seventies?

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: June 19, 2012 19:38

The thing is, and I hope I don't sound blasphemous, but with the exception of Watching The Wheels and Nobody Told Me, Lennon's music descended just as much into schmaltz.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: June 19, 2012 19:57

Ringo looks good! Paul looks like Angela Landsbury - whether that is "good" is a matter of subjective preference, I suppose. smiling smiley

Posted by: john nicholls ()
Date: June 19, 2012 19:59

Well I love songs like beautiful boy, woman and imagine. They stand up against anything Macca has done solo IMHOsmiling smiley

John Nicholls

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 19, 2012 20:14

Glad he made it, sad John and George didn't. Happy B-Day Sir Paul. Thanks for sticking it out.

Recently watched the Beatles Anthology on Youtube and was just blown away at the detail and great documentation of this bands career. It is just awesome and a MUST SEE for any Beatles fan. peace

Posted by: Claire_M ()
Date: June 19, 2012 20:15

OOT: Brian Wilson turns 70 tomorrow (June 20). Get those birthday candles ready.

He and Mike Love were guests on the Bill O'Reilly show last week (!). Brian said he can't believe he's survived this long.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: June 19, 2012 22:17

Naturalust
Glad he made it, sad John and George didn't. Happy B-Day Sir Paul. Thanks for sticking it out.

Recently watched the Beatles Anthology on Youtube and was just blown away at the detail and great documentation of this bands career. It is just awesome and a MUST SEE for any Beatles fan. peace
Ahh so cool you were turned on by it. How exciting! I feel that is the mother of all documentaries. There is a bonus disc with the DVD edition that is also very well done. And then if you are intrepid try to search out The Anthology Director's cut. A boot, and stops at Let it Be, but has a lot of great stuff cut out from the Anthology. Glad you enjoyed!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 20, 2012 01:12

thanks whitem8, I will indeed check out the Directors cut. What I learned is that those lads were really not an overnight success, they paid some dues in those clubs in Hamburg and there were lots of other bands vying for that kind of attention. The key seemed to be the marriage with Sir George Martin, some spark of unleashed creativity that produced all those great songs was lit.

It was all way before my time but I am facinated almost mezmerized by the whole thing, certainly inspired. peace

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1787
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home