Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

New Zealand Neuro Links May Seal Stones Deal
Posted by: colonial ()
Date: June 14, 2012 10:48

Otago Daily Times New Zealand 14.6.2012 (Front page)

A Dunedin promotor is hoping to entice The Rolling Stones to Forsyth Barr Stadium for a concert next year.Rob Fitzpatrick hopes sentiment will convince the group to agree to a Dunedin benefit concert and says a percentage of the proceeds would go to the chair of neurosurgery campaign.
The Stones are doing their 50th anniversary tour in March and April next year and they have a lot of gratitude towards Dunedin,Mr Fitzpatrick said yesterday.When Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards was injured in Fiji in 2006,the first doctor to treat him was Dr John Fatiaki,who is a close friend of Dunedin doctor Brian McMahon,the chairman of the neurosurgery fundraising project,while the neurosurgeon who operated on Keith,Andrew Law,was trained in Dunedin,in his 2010 autobiography,"Life" Richards credited Mr Law with saving his life.Mr Fitzpatrick worked in the music industry in Los Angeles from 1979-96,touring with Tina Turner and organising gigs for Dunedin bands The Clean,The Verlaines and The Chills.
This is something that is very viable.It's bona fide proposal which would be a massive promotion for Dunedin and the stadium.If we get The Stones here it will become the first venue of choice for every big act coming to New Zealand,Mr Fitzpatrick said.He will travel to Sydney next Tuesday to discuss the proposed concert with promotors Australian promotor Rob Walker is already a supportive.When Rob first mentioned his idea I immediately offered to assist Mr Walker said.I am prepared to assit him in any way I can.
Dunedin mayor Dave Cull said it would be wonderful to have the group return to Dunedin after 48 years,having played in February 1965.I would love to see The Rolling Stones here.It would be great to have them in the stadium.I'd be one of the first in the line to buy a ticket.Dunedin Venues Management Ltd chief executive David Davies said the proposed concert was still very much on the drawing board.They're one of the top three bands in the world and every city is going to be competing for them.It would be fantastic to see them in the city,but these things are fraught with issues.If we can pull it off,it would be a major talking point.

The new Dunedin stadium with its fixed roof is the only one in the world to grow natural grass.smoking smiley

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Re: New Zealand Neuro Links May Seal Stones Deal
Posted by: Grison ()
Date: June 14, 2012 11:31

I think a South Pacific Tour would do them good.cool smiley
Like Starting in Perth over to Dunedin, Fiji, Tahiti, and if it's a must Hawaii. I could even find myself flying back to Tonga where I met my swiss wife, oh how many years ago?winking smiley. Must be ages.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 14, 2012 14:46

"The Stones are doing their 50th anniversary tour in March and April next year "

Nice of them to tell us!

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: June 14, 2012 15:48

Gazza
"The Stones are doing their 50th anniversary tour in March and April next year "

Nice of them to tell us!

Do you think Mick will be calling them to tell them to keep their mouth's shut? Or maybe it's time for an official press release saying there are no plans to tour, etc...

Peace
Mr DJA

Posted by: OneHit ()
Date: June 14, 2012 16:42

Everyone knows Suncorp Stadium is the best stadium in Australasia!

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: June 14, 2012 16:44

OneHit
Everyone knows Suncorp Stadium is the best stadium in Australasia!

Thanks for telling. I was the only one then who didn't know.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 14, 2012 16:45

they hardly ever play guam, where i was partly raised. the poor guamese....

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: June 14, 2012 16:56

StonesTod
they hardly ever play guam, where i was partly raised. the poor guamese....
Neither do they Micronesia, I thought about Christmas Island the one which belongs to Kiribati. But es no one of them likes flyfishing, neither do they want to see the trash of the Nuclear bomb testing, the option will be ceased.eye popping smiley

Posted by: tipps ()
Date: June 14, 2012 17:30

colonial
Otago Daily Times New Zealand 14.6.2012 (Front page)

A Dunedin promotor is hoping to entice The Rolling Stones to Forsyth Barr Stadium for a concert next year.Rob Fitzpatrick hopes sentiment will convince the group to agree to a Dunedin benefit concert and says a percentage of the proceeds would go to the chair of neurosurgery campaign.
The Stones are doing their 50th anniversary tour in March and April next year and they have a lot of gratitude towards Dunedin,Mr Fitzpatrick said yesterday.When Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards was injured in Fiji in 2006,the first doctor to treat him was Dr John Fatiaki,who is a close friend of Dunedin doctor Brian McMahon,the chairman of the neurosurgery fundraising project,while the neurosurgeon who operated on Keith,Andrew Law,was trained in Dunedin,in his 2010 autobiography,"Life" Richards credited Mr Law with saving his life.Mr Fitzpatrick worked in the music industry in Los Angeles from 1979-96,touring with Tina Turner and organising gigs for Dunedin bands The Clean,The Verlaines and The Chills.
This is something that is very viable.It's bona fide proposal which would be a massive promotion for Dunedin and the stadium.If we get The Stones here it will become the first venue of choice for every big act coming to New Zealand,Mr Fitzpatrick said.He will travel to Sydney next Tuesday to discuss the proposed concert with promotors Australian promotor Rob Walker is already a supportive.When Rob first mentioned his idea I immediately offered to assist Mr Walker said.I am prepared to assit him in any way I can.
Dunedin mayor Dave Cull said it would be wonderful to have the group return to Dunedin after 48 years,having played in February 1965.I would love to see The Rolling Stones here.It would be great to have them in the stadium.I'd be one of the first in the line to buy a ticket.Dunedin Venues Management Ltd chief executive David Davies said the proposed concert was still very much on the drawing board.They're one of the top three bands in the world and every city is going to be competing for them.It would be fantastic to see them in the city,but these things are fraught with issues.If we can pull it off,it would be a major talking point.

The new Dunedin stadium with its fixed roof is the only one in the world to grow natural grass.smoking smiley

March/April tour? Sound like they are doing a world tour. Think it is good tp print this before the boys announce it?

Posted by: StoneChoppers ()
Date: June 15, 2012 12:01

New Zealand and Australia will get a visit by The Stones on their next tour.

Date: June 15, 2012 19:45

Gazza

Nice of them to tell us!

Maybe they tell us on July 12? Or in September? Or at Halloween, or Thanksgiving, or maybe Christmas or New Year's Eve, or New Year's Day?

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: June 16, 2012 00:39

LOL I worked in the Marianas Islands in Micronesiia for all of the Licks tour and part of ABB. The Secretary of Health there knew I was always flying off to some leg of the tour, and asked me several times, "How can we get the Stones here to promote our islands and tourism." Everytime I told him it was easy.
"First, pay them $1000000.00 then fly their stuff here!" LOL those are the pre-requsites right?smileys with beer

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1748
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home