Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: New Rush - Clockwork Angels
Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: June 13, 2012 22:20

Any Rush fans or thoughts about this new release? Of the 3 songs I've heard so far from the radio, I like what I'm hearing.

Re: OT: New Rush - Clockwork Angels
Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 13, 2012 22:39

I'm trying because I loved the last tour, but I don't like it yet.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 13, 2012 22:41

...don't rush it ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: R ()
Date: June 13, 2012 22:58

I've had it for a week now as a pirate download. I'm waiting to hear the vinyl (due 6/16 per Amazon) because there's a LOT going on in the mix of this record much of which gets mushed up in the download. What I DO like is that Alex's guitar has been left raw and gritty which makes a fascinating contrast to the usual sleek production of the bass and drums.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: June 13, 2012 23:01

Munichhilton
I loved the last tour too. And I liked Caravan and Headlong Flight, BU2B to a lesser extent, so I was thinking this might be the first Rush album I liked in full since Moving Pictures. I heard it in its entirety this morning and was not disappointed, but also not overjoyed. The mix was a bit too muddy for me, but at least their playing rock/heavy material which is closer to their early years that I love of Rush.

I have to hear it again because there's alot going on but on first listen I thought it was one of their better efforts. I will say that some of the songs though just end up going on a bit too long and there are so many ideas in one track. Seems like they were almost TRYING to be too progressive and it just sort of becomes boring and monotonus. I'll have to give it some more listens before I judge it much further. Just seeing what other fans thought so far.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 14, 2012 00:27

RollingFreak
Munichhilton
I loved the last tour too. And I liked Caravan and Headlong Flight, BU2B to a lesser extent, so I was thinking this might be the first Rush album I liked in full since Moving Pictures. I heard it in its entirety this morning and was not disappointed, but also not overjoyed. The mix was a bit too muddy for me, but at least their playing rock/heavy material which is closer to their early years that I love of Rush.

I have to hear it again because there's alot going on but on first listen I thought it was one of their better efforts. I will say that some of the songs though just end up going on a bit too long and there are so many ideas in one track. Seems like they were almost TRYING to be too progressive and it just sort of becomes boring and monotonus. I'll have to give it some more listens before I judge it much further. Just seeing what other fans thought so far.

That review is exactly what I felt
I liked Snakes & Arrows in 2007, and Caravan is an amazing song, but damn some of these tracks are tedious!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1723
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home