Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Prediction: Stones Will Announce Plans For 50th On July 12!
Date: June 9, 2012 20:00

I have decided to go out on the limb here and make a prediction. July 12, 2012 is the official recognized 50th birthday of the Rolling Stones. It also marks the beginning of the 50th anniversary year which runs through July 11, 2013. What better day is there to announce your plans for your 50th anniversary year? There isn't one!

It is hard for me to imagine that Mick would not take advantage of this golden opportunity and schedule a press conference to announce whatever plans the band has for their 50th anniversary year. Unless, of course, there are no future plans. Yes, I think July 12, 2012 is "D" Day!

The troubling side of this prediction is that if July 12 arrives and all we get is the book release and a few million birthday wishes, but no press conference, then I am almost certain we have seen the last of the Rolling Stones.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-06-12 01:14 by MightyStonesStillRollin50.

Re: Prediction: Stones To Announce Plans For 50th On July 12! If Not Then The Dream Has Died!
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: June 9, 2012 20:09

Aren't you about due for another one of your epic "farewell" threads?

Re: Prediction: Stones To Announce Plans For 50th On July 12! If Not Then The Dream Has Died!
Date: June 9, 2012 20:16

tatters

I really believe there comes a time when something is either going to happen or it isn't. For the Rolling Stones that time has just about arrived. If they are going to do something for their 50th anniversary then it stands to reason that at some point they are going to have to call a press conference to announce whatever that might be. What better day to do that than on your 50th birthday?

Date: June 9, 2012 20:30

It's called seizing the moment. No one knows this better than Mick, so unless he has gone senile he won't miss this once in a lifetime opportunity, unless, of course.................

Date: June 9, 2012 20:35

Date: June 9, 2012 20:37

Date: June 9, 2012 20:47

tatters
[www.iorr.org]

I admire your imagination.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: June 9, 2012 21:25

Every. Single. T-shirt. Says. 19. 62.

The date simply doesn't matter. I wouldn't say July 12th is D-day, but that if a tour/date/plans isn't announced by the end of this year, we don't have much of a hope for actual live gigs. The fact that they played together in NYC, be it for a documentary (which they should have hired me to shoot), or for actual rehearsals/warming up for the studio, should be encouraging.

I agree with you that we are near the end. I think they have a few gigs left in them..

Date: June 9, 2012 23:14

flacnvinyl
Every. Single. T-shirt. Says. 19. 62.

The date simply doesn't matter. I wouldn't say July 12th is D-day, but that if a tour/date/plans isn't announced by the end of this year, we don't have much of a hope for actual live gigs. The fact that they played together in NYC, be it for a documentary (which they should have hired me to shoot), or for actual rehearsals/warming up for the studio, should be encouraging.

I agree with you that we are near the end. I think they have a few gigs left in them..

The only thing I can think of outside of a press conference that would fit the moment would be to surprise us and release a new single on that day. Or maybe do a surprise live performance. They have built up a lot of momentum in recent months and it would be a shame not to really make their 50th birthday something really special. I think the fans have waited long enough.

Date: June 9, 2012 23:23

I agree completely.

For me there's the Stones and then everyone else. I like a ton of music, but the Stones will always be my favorite. But my favorite band hasn't really been a band for the past 5 years.

I would love for them to dig deep, put out a KILLER album, do a few MAJOR concerts and call it a day. Invite every guest star they want, broadcast every show online, sellout/partner with every major company possible to make as much money as possible... And then call it a day.

From a business perspective I am ALL ABOUT them making as much money on this 50th anniversary celebration as possible, and we all know Jagger is currently plotting it. The ONLY question we really have as fans is whether Keith is up to it.

My wife has never seen the boys live and I hope to have the chance to take her to a real Stones show and not just seeing Live In Texas 78 in the theater!

Date: June 9, 2012 23:32

flacnvinyl
I agree completely.

For me there's the Stones and then everyone else. I like a ton of music, but the Stones will always be my favorite. But my favorite band hasn't really been a band for the past 5 years.

I would love for them to dig deep, put out a KILLER album, do a few MAJOR concerts and call it a day. Invite every guest star they want, broadcast every show online, sellout/partner with every major company possible to make as much money as possible... And then call it a day.

From a business perspective I am ALL ABOUT them making as much money on this 50th anniversary celebration as possible, and we all know Jagger is currently plotting it. The ONLY question we really have as fans is whether Keith is up to it.

My wife has never seen the boys live and I hope to have the chance to take her to a real Stones show and not just seeing Live In Texas 78 in the theater!

I like your plan. And they don't have to do some massive tour to go out in a blaze of glory.

Hope you have the chance to take your wife to see them live somewhere very soon. Time is running out, even Mick Taylor mentioned that recently.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: June 10, 2012 00:43

...From a business perspective I am ALL ABOUT them making as much money on this 50th anniversary celebration as possible, and we all know Jagger is currently plotting it...

How do you know it? Mick is silent, and the ONLY question we really have as fans is what's on his mind

Date: June 10, 2012 00:56

proudmary
...From a business perspective I am ALL ABOUT them making as much money on this 50th anniversary celebration as possible, and we all know Jagger is currently plotting it...

How do you know it? Mick is silent, and the ONLY question we really have as fans is what's on his mind

One thing for certain is, that with each passing day, we are getting closer and closer to finding out.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 10, 2012 01:21

If they were going to announce plans for July 12 they should have done it already since it's just a month away. My guess is that if they do it it will not be announced: it will just be a small club gig to commemorate the date. Perhaps with Bill and Mick T invited. It will be newsstuff though. But the again - it probably won't happen...

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: June 10, 2012 02:06

... why has 'the dream died' if they miss this date? WHo's dream??

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: June 10, 2012 02:18

actually,the way i see it,the 50th anniversary started 7-12-11...last july !!this july 12th COMPLETES the 50th year..& starts the 51st !!!just sayin...

Date: June 10, 2012 02:38

they could care less about anniversaries...they're plotting the best way to take your money

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: June 10, 2012 04:34

Gold Coast Slave Ship
Hell-in-the-hell is Keith (with retarded fcuked fingers) going to play something as easy as an open E chord? The man has no pride, no integrity! Faking it, trying to make it! The fan's should make their own announcement and say, "..hey cock, you're fired!" Come on, man, own up! You're done!

I hate to say it, but his non playing is far more tolerable than to whatever sort of embarrassing clown like behavior he might offer at a press conference for any type of tour/performance.

Mick can still handle this well enough, but Keith is liable to sink the whole mood when he opens his mouth, and remind me of what I don't look forward to seeing anymore.

Date: June 10, 2012 05:26

Talking to several fans much older than myself with some hardcore bootleg collections I have never had access to... none of them are optimistic about Keith's condition. If he is going to play, he is going to need to practice big time. What we've seen/heard from him has been mediocre at best.

But let's be honest here... As a friend of mine said, its the booze and smokes that killed Keith. He took 15 years off his life, we just didn't know when those 15 years would kick in.

We'll see what happens. My completely straightforward honest opinion is that Keith will SLAY that guitar... IF HE WANTS TO. If he is not motivated, we'll get the same solos/bends predictable stuff he does when he doesn't 'feel it'.

If they open their first gig in 5 years with Sweet Little Rock'n Roller, we'll know they mean business!

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: June 10, 2012 05:34

MightyStonesStillRollin50, what exactly is a "blaze of glory"? can you explain that one?

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: June 10, 2012 06:34

It's not over until someone dies. And even then...

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: June 10, 2012 07:24

MightyStonesStillRollin50
I have decided to go out on the limb here and make a prediction. July 12, 2012 is the official recognized 50th birthday of the Rolling Stones. It also marks the beginning of the 50th anniversary year which runs through July 11, 2013. What better day is there to announce your plans for your 50th anniversary year? There isn't one!

It is hard for me to imagine that Mick would not take advantage of this golden opportunity and schedule a press conference to announce whatever plans the band has for their 50th anniversary year. Unless, of course, there are no future plans. Yes, I think July 12, 2012 is "D" Day!

The troubling side of this prediction is that if July 12 arrives and all we get is the book release and a few million birthday wishes, but no press conference, then I am almost certain we have seen the last of the Rolling Stones.

Why can you never shut up? Stop starting these stupid threads about your dumb predictions about this and that. I've told you before, they wont happen.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: June 10, 2012 07:33

JumpinJeppeFlash

" I have decided to go out on the limb here and make a prediction. July 12, 2012 is the official recognized 50th birthday of the Rolling Stones. It also marks the beginning of the 50th anniversary year which runs through July 11, 2013. What better day is there to announce your plans for your 50th anniversary year? There isn't one!

The troubling side of this prediction is that if July 12 arrives and all we get is the book release and a few million birthday wishes, but no press conference, then I am almost certain we have seen the last of the Rolling Stones."

"Why can you never shut up? Stop starting these stupid threads about your dumb predictions about this and that. I've told you before, they wont happen."

[www.stonesvikings.com]

Jeppe,some advice for free...
First breakfast,then posting.
Try it.

Edit : forgot to quote correctly

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: June 10, 2012 11:54

tatters

thumbs up smiling smiley

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: June 10, 2012 14:45

JumpinJeppeFlash
shortfatfanny
JumpinJeppeFlash

" I have decided to go out on the limb here and make a prediction. July 12, 2012 is the official recognized 50th birthday of the Rolling Stones. It also marks the beginning of the 50th anniversary year which runs through July 11, 2013. What better day is there to announce your plans for your 50th anniversary year? There isn't one!

The troubling side of this prediction is that if July 12 arrives and all we get is the book release and a few million birthday wishes, but no press conference, then I am almost certain we have seen the last of the Rolling Stones."

"Why can you never shut up? Stop starting these stupid threads about your dumb predictions about this and that. I've told you before, they wont happen."

[www.stonesvikings.com]

Jeppe,some advice for free...
First breakfast,then posting.
Try it.

Edit : forgot to quote correctly

F**K O*F.

Cheers,mate smileys with beer

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 10, 2012 14:52

Apparently he didn't get any breakfast at all, SFF!

Date: June 10, 2012 19:46

jamesfdouglas
... why has 'the dream died' if they miss this date? WHo's dream??

My dream.

Date: June 10, 2012 19:47

21stcenturystones
they could care less about anniversaries...they're plotting the best way to take your money

Whatever gets them back on the stage works for me. Personally, I think they are underpaid.

Date: June 10, 2012 20:05

detroitken
actually,the way i see it,the 50th anniversary started 7-12-11...last july !!this july 12th COMPLETES the 50th year..& starts the 51st !!!just sayin...

The 50th anniversary (or birthday) is on July 12, 2012. They have many 50th anniversaries ahead over the next three years. The 50th anniversary year and their 51st year are actually one in the same. On the day you are born you are in the first year of your life but are not one year old until your birthday one year later. When you celebrate your wedding anniversary you don't count the day you were married. The first anniversary comes a year later on the date you were married. Anyway, the Stones chose the "anniversary model" rather than the "numbers model" (for lack of a better term). It does buy them some time.

Date: June 10, 2012 20:10

GumbootCloggeroo
MightyStonesStillRollin50, what exactly is a "blaze of glory"? can you explain that one?

How old are you?smiling smiley

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1314
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home