Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Why all the fuss about taking pictures at concerts?
Posted by: MJG196 ()
Date: December 6, 2010 18:43

sweet neo con
MJG196
Hey guys, I suggest going to a DEVO concert. They allow you to take videos and pictures, and don't charge an arm and a leg for tickets!

what? they don't pay YOU to take pics a Devo show? winking smiley
was this a serious suggestion?

Actually, my brother and I went to a DEVO show in DC last year, not really knowing what to expect. And to my surprise, it was 100% maximum Rock & Roll! A sold out venue (9:30 Club in DC) and they played with incredible intensity for the entire show. They played their first album in order, plus some encore numbers. Even if you were mildly entertained by them 30 years ago, this would have blown you away - great, great show. If only the Stones could still play like that...

And they posed for the cameras all night!

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: December 6, 2010 18:52

It used to be a fuss - at the times when technology was limited.

With "new" technology, everybody can take it's own pictures. You can't tell people to leave the cellphone outside the consert area / or not to take the cell phone to a concert.

That's basically the answer.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: December 6, 2010 19:12

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: December 6, 2010 19:38

mtaylor

With "new" technology, everybody can take it's own pictures. You can't tell people to leave the cellphone outside the consert area / or not to take the cell phone to a concert.

That's basically the answer.

that's part of the answer.

since i have absolutely no need to take a photo with my phone (even though it has this feature)...
.....the pics I've seen others take & upload (w/phone camera) leave a lot to be desired.
The quality is limited right?? And there's no ability to adjust exposure right??? So using
a phone in a dark arena w/stage lighting is probably not going to give very good results.

my point is....bands, band management & venues can hardly be threatened by these poor images..right?

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: December 6, 2010 20:25

Correct not at all compareable with a top pro camera, but still good enough pictures for 95% of the people going to a consert.
And that leaves people publishing books with high quality consert pictures left out.
Who wants to buy a 200 USD picture book, when you can take your own pictures / or download them from the Internet?
Most people stick to the cell phone pictures, like most people today don't buy expensive CD's when you can dowload them, don't buy expensive books when you can download them.
The world is changing - less focus on quality, more focus rapidness and going to the next step in life.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: December 6, 2010 21:00

mtaylor
Correct not at all compareable with a top pro camera, but still good enough pictures for 95% of the people going to a consert.

yes..that's my point. i'm all about quality...so it surprises me when people even think
phone cameras are comparable to point & shoot cameras. a snapshot with a phone
camera is merely an "i was there" souvenir image and nothing more. an advanced point & shoot which
allows you to manually adjust exposure etc.... is better. and, obviously, pro gear in the hands
of an experienced concert shooter is ideal.

IORR............but I like it!

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1149
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home