Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Keith: Stones tour 2011 start in june!!
Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: November 15, 2010 23:49

mickscarey
OK, so you all DO NOT want a tour. Hmm. Wonder why you are here then? Contradictory, no?
Again,how about some details if you are so much in the know. Dates,venues,cities.

Date: November 15, 2010 23:51

mickscarey, where's that ticket stub you promised to scan and share with the class?

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: November 15, 2010 23:56

...I think Mick should pull a classic Iggy Pop move and just drop his drawers on stage. he could even wear a prosthetic...no one will really know.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 15, 2010 23:56

sweetcharmedlife
paulywaul
Amsterdamned
????????????????????

[ I want to shout, but I can't hardly speak ]
<paulywaul>

Subtraction. smiling smiley

Still ?????????????????????????
It means he misses Mick Taylor.

No,I don't. He just never got replaced.
That's why I'am here, not in a stadium.grinning smiley

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: November 15, 2010 23:57

NYC/Chicago/Philly and probably Dayton, Ohio

Posted by: Pelle ()
Date: November 16, 2010 00:14

I have a feeling that 2011/12 will be fenomenal.. much better than ABB..

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: November 16, 2010 00:25

mickscarey
Done deal. It WILL happen!

How many times....

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: November 16, 2010 00:28

mickscarey
Done deal. It WILL happen!

Whoooooo Hoooooooo. .... wait a second ..... didn't you say that last year? .... and the year before that?

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: November 16, 2010 02:19

BB King plays for about $65,000 a show...he personally gets around $12,000 of that for himself after all sorts of show costs and salaries are figures into it. With the $12,000 per show, he pays for his grandkids various educations.

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: November 16, 2010 15:49

The tour is set for 2011 - Who here does not want that to happen?

Posted by: Pelle ()
Date: November 17, 2010 17:50

Any sources/links up yet?

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: November 17, 2010 17:57

Ha ha - to WHAT!!?? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: November 17, 2010 18:04

I don't think the band meeting's taken place yet...
Guess we'll have to wait for that, and then perhaps there will be an official announcement - one way or the other - after that.

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: November 17, 2010 18:16

Gazza
Addicted
Yes, the medical examination of course.
But I have a strong feeling that Mick, Keith, Charlie and Ronnie will pass their medical just like that!
And then the insureance shouldn't be a problem.

So - if Mick wants to tour, and a promotor buys the rights to a certain number of shows, or they decide to take the financial risk themselves, they could tour.

Financial forecast is important, though. Countries with an "effed" up economy should NOT expect a visit by the Stones. Markets with a strong economy could expect more than one show.

Looks like the entire tour will take place in China, then.

There are different degrees of "effed" up economies. Some European countries are virtually on the edge of bankruptcy. (Like Spain, Portugal, Greece, Iceland and Ireland) Some are in a bit of trouble, but dealing with it. (England, perhaps?) Some are doing ok, but not brilliantly.( Like Germany and France - important markets) And some are doing really well. (Like the Nordic countries, Great fan base) The list's not accurate, but check out the list from the IMF, and you'll see the numbers.
China - yes, financially they're up there, but the Stones shows I've attended in China saw mostly people of European decent in the audience. Mick even cracked a joke about it.
Japan - good fan base, economy growing again, I believe.
Rockman - what's the status down under? Is Australia ready for some shows?

Anyway - Mick (and Cohl, of course) probably has all the details and knows exactly how the different countries are doing.

Keith says in the "Berliner Zeitung" there will be a Tour in June next year
Posted by: VOODOOSEBI ()
Date: November 17, 2010 01:18

i was in berlin last weekend. the "berliner zeitung" had keith on the front page and an interview inside. the interview is ok - much talk about the germans and ww2.

the interviewer asked him, if mick isn´t angry that he (keith) wrote about micks "little mick". he answered:

Wir freuen uns auf den kommenden Juni, dann gehen wir wieder gemeinsam auf Tour. Beantwortet das Ihre Frage?

which means: we are looking forward to the next june. than we go together on tour. is that answering your question?

the whole interview:

[www.berlinonline.de]

i know keith isn´t the one who decides when to go on tour and it is more likely that the tour will start late august or early september.

BUT he wants to go on tour (even if he isn´t capable of playing a good show anymore, i don´t know)

IMO the tour will be next year, when no band member dies or get seriously ill or another big financial crisis is on the way.

i hope that play better than, then 2007. with the standard of 2005/2006 i will be very happy!!

Re: Keith says in the "Berliner Zeitung" there will be a Tour in June next year
Posted by: open-g ()
Date: November 17, 2010 14:46

Thanks, that was quite a decent interview opposed to some other rags lately.
I wonder when and where Martin Scholz did the interview as he showed Keith some pictures from '89 of both of them.
Paris? do you know?

I see it was in Paris.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-17 14:58 by open-g.

Posted by: Slim Harpo ()
Date: November 17, 2010 15:41

That is a very impressive interview. Scholz asks interesting intelligent questions and Keith provides interseting, intelligent and articulate answers, way beyond the other interviews I've read/heard.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: November 17, 2010 16:03

THE TINY TODGER TOUR with "Brenda" & The Band

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: November 17, 2010 17:05

VOODOOSEBI

Wir freuen uns auf den kommenden Juni, dann gehen wir wieder gemeinsam auf Tour. Beantwortet das Ihre Frage?

which means: we are looking forward to the next june. than we go together on tour. is that answering your question?

Looks that he said so. BTW this is merely a reprint of the "Frankfurter Rundschau / FR online" interview by Martin Scholz of 12 Nov 2010 which was already subject of a number of threads, eg this one: [www.iorr.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-17 17:05 by dead.flowers.

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: November 17, 2010 20:38

A ruff translation of the 1st part using babelfish altavista

Mr. Richard, we talk about Vergänglichkeit. Wenn's to be must. When I you 1988 for the first time interviewte, you 44 and I were 25 years old… That is an eternity ago. It gives a few photos of the discussion. When I hervorgekramt those again, I am not only frightened over the hair-styles… Show times ago. I do not know at all, what you have: Is nevertheless fantastisch! I with shoulder padding, it with Vokuhila. Thus, I find: We look both greatly. At that time you, Rolling Stones said were pioneers, because still no other rock bands ever so for a long time - 26 years - together-remained. That would today be, 22 years later, a Understatement. I would say today exactly the same to you again. With the difference that the statement in the meantime still more weight has than at that time. Are you sometimes astonished over itself that you still live after all the excesses of a half century? Yes. I must be surprised sometimes at me. For the moment I am particularly susceptible to such feelings. I spent three years to realise me my life again for my Autobiografie. I had counted on the fact that all these stories would interest certain humans. But that the book stands on place one of the best-seller lists, it overwhelms me then nevertheless. I sit here for the moment full reverence before them. Paul McCartney told last year, as creates he it, with 67 with song like „Helter Skelter “still the lung from the body to cry itself. He said: I can only make, because I do not question myself. Also is your philosophy - straight on live and music make without safety net? I could not say it better than Paul. I never questioned myself. And I also today never ask myself whether I am too old, whether I am to still expect all this to my body. That brings nevertheless nothing. You make it simple, you simply always continue. I have the impression that us this kind by questions were placed, since there are us. How long want you to still make? Is your last route? And so on and immediately. One never placed such questions to Blues musicians such as Muddy Waters or John Lee Hooker, which we admired. Those made music, were to them 70, 80. Until they fell down. But it is interesting that you address straight Paul in connection with Vergänglichkeit. I mean, he and Ringo am both the last still living Beatles. I knew, also John well George and Ringo, but Paul and I met in the whole years never really, we never together-sat and times talked. We retrieved that recently. Already strange that it came only now to it resulted, but rather coincidentally. Paul visited me a time long each day in my house on the island Parot Cay, where he occasionally also lives. We spoke about the Songschreiben, which lives, which death, and over it, which differentiated the Beatles from the Stones. What was that? With the Beatles all could sing, we were rather music volume, we had only one front man. Did you only talk with McCartney or also together music did make? We actually wrote with one another a few song: McCartney Richardsong. Those were not published however yet. Why not? We do not have it yet finished. It was a beginning, we has a kind sequential relationship. For its last CD McCartney wrote a song how he imagines his own funeral: as celebration with music, dancing humans and children. Do you have similar thoughts? No, with my funeral I was not occupied yet. But I can probe well, why Paul argues with such things. We are very different only in this point both. It falls me heavily to exert such thought plays over the future. I had a rather concrete experience with death before not too long time, when I fell 2006 at one vacation on the Fiji islands of the tree and injured me at the head. Which was received since then as palm fall of the Keith Richard into your overfilling myth collection. It was no palm, but another Type however because on the Fiji islands passed it, had the media evenly the palm to it-sealed. They have themselves with the fall a tear in the head tightened, which you did not notice first, later suffered you than consequence of it two apoplexies in the sleep. Yes, it was a threatening situation. They had to remove for me a Blutgerinnsel under the head cover operationally. Many in my surrounding field thought, I would die. When I lay in the hospital, I got enormous amounts at letters with recovery desires - from Jerry Lee Lewis up to Bill Clinton. It was an interesting preview on it as my ring-back signals would read themselves. You frightened? Frightening a letter of Tony Blair, which still wrote me apart from the good desires, was I its hero always was. The head of state Großbritanniens took calculated me to the model? Thus I found real frightening. In Ernst: With all the probably-meaning desires I could live. But I would hate it to make for me over my own funeral thought. There am I completely different than Paul. Do they believe in God? Whether I believe in God? I do not know also whether there is him. That I did not also ask you. Thus I always found that this question moves outside of its, which we can seize humans. Who knows already, what happens after death. Does death make fear for you? I am preparatory for both: Either large the nothing expects me, or it begins a new Trip. I know only one: If I the devil to meet should - then help him God. In your Autobiografie describe you, like you at the bed of your seriously ill mother sit and for them guitar play - to shortly before their death. Do such moments help to overcome the fear of own death? It was important to me that I was with their. I had always a special relationship with my mother. It was it, which gave the music to me. It originates from a very musical family. My love for the music I owe it. And then it said on the patient bed: „Keith, your guitar is detuned. “Sorry, mother. It had evenly a very fine hearing, up to the conclusion. My grandfather mütterlicherseits was also very in music, as at all many relatives from the family of my mother. Music was everywhere. Everyone sang, to everyone loved music. In this surrounding field I buildup. With us at home it was never quiet - that would have been also boring. Mr. Richard, Sie were born during the Second World War, a German V-1-Rakete destroyed the house of your parents in Dartford. They said later times: I wanted to find out, who these ass holes were, which plotted all that. Did you find an answer to this question? In many respects. But the question employs me still. There are naturally historical explanations, like those that Germany felt gegängelt for the lost First World War by the Versailler contract. But one cannot seize the whole extent. I ask myself still, how it could happen that Germany let itself tear from a Austrian Gefreiten in spoiling. See, the consequences of the Second World War me very much coined/shaped. In my first childhood memories I see going oneself again and again through the landscapes of devastation from London. There was 1946, 1947 practically no more intact buildings. Around me this total destruction. And in those years the desire developed to let something new develop in me. I created only assistance of the music, that was for me the only way. How did you see and the Germans later to Germany? I had never hostile feelings opposite Germany. In Berlin or Frankfurt it did not look like the war better than worse in London, perhaps even still. Your parents and grandparents will have also described that to you. Which disturbed me at that time, it was that around me all adults constantly swarmed from the time before the war. Before the war was so much better all. That could be done to me on the nerves, because I did not know this life. Because I lived after the war. It lasted long, until I came with the fact by right that all looked back around me only nostalgically. They seemed to do in such a way, as if this war would not have taken place. Which was on the one hand understandable: Everyone wished itself that the war would have never taken place. But it gave it. A time long I considered myself seriously, my book with the sentence „@#$%& was me on the heels “to be begun. That would have been nevertheless exaggerated probably then. But the question, how it could come to this collective provoking, employs me until today. That a whole people lets itself be drug along of criminals and crazy people possessed by a gang. I ask myself in principle, how such regimes could develop also at other places of the world. But with German history I was concerned particularly intensively. I read among other things Gitta Serenys book „the struggle with the truth “over @#$%&'s favourite architect Albert Speer. In the book the authoress places the self-manifestation of Speers, it only one Mitläufer was, by her with the utmost care searches in question. Yes. Speer was simultaneous a very talentierter architect and very weak humans. I read much over him. The power, which humans as it exercised, was enormous and frightening. And such a totalitarian regime could develop again. Not necessarily in Germany. But the Po

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2025
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home