Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones on SNL - new articles...
Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: May 11, 2012 02:52

I'm taking all of this with a grain of salt, but these are newer articles.. We're not talking USA Today or Washington Post, but still fun to consider the Stones on SNL... The first one will encourage Taylor fans for sure...

Stones on SNL - Mick Taylor invited....
http://www.pasadenastarnews.com/ci_20577893/rolling-stones-saturday-night-live-and-no-doubt

he Stones and Saturday night

The Rolling Stones' Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ron Wood are rehearsing in a small New Jersey recording studio with their usual touring keyboardist Chuck Leavell, formerly of The Allman Brothers, and producer Don Was sitting in on bass, possibly for a soon-to rejoin Bill Wyman.

Speculation is rampant that the band will make a surprise appearance on "Saturday Night Live" when Jagger hosts the season finale on May 19, according to VVN News. Jagger is also set to serve as the show's musical guest.

In addition, the group's second lead guitarist, Mick Taylor, who replaced Brian Jones in 1969 and was invited by Keith Richards to join the band's current activities, is in town. He performed this week on "Late Night With Jimmy Fallon."

http://www2.gibson.com/News-Lifestyle/News/en-us/rolling-stones-new-york-rehearsals-0510-2012.aspx

A little rumor has hit the press that The Rolling Stones are currently in New York City, holding top-secret rehearsals. The Daily Mirror is reporting that the classic rockers have been practicing some of their most popular songs in the Big Apple, such as “Miss You,” “Jumping Jack Flash” and “Tumbling Dice.”

What could possibly be the reason for all the rehearsing? One thought is that since singer Mick Jagger is scheduled to appear as both host and musical guest on the season finale of Saturday Night Live on May 19, the Stones might join him on stage for the performance.

The Daily Mirror is also reporting that the band have been hard at work booking venues for a 2013 summer European tour, in conjunction with a larger tour commemorating the band’s 50th anniversary. Would you be game to see a Rolling Stones reunion show? Let us know in the conversation, below!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/night-copy/rolling-stones-rehearse-in-secret-for-50th-824524

THE Rolling Stones have been rehearsing secretly in New York prompting talk of a tour to mark the band’s 50th anniversary.

They are expected to make a surprise appearance on US TV show Saturday Night Live on May 19, which will be hosted by Mick Jagger.

The band have been practicing a series of classics including Jumping Jack Flash, Tumbling Dice and Miss You.

Insiders say venues for European dates next summer have already been scouted out.

They formed in July 1962 at London’s Marquee Club, although Keith Richards insists 2013 is the real anniversary

as it was when drummer Charlie Watts joined the group.

* The Daily Mirror has joined forces with the Stones and publishers Thames & Hudson to publish The Rolling Stones 50, a photo archive of the band’s history.

Re: Stones on SNL - new articles...
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 11, 2012 03:24

HELL YEAH!!!! My kind of rumors!!! Thanks Drake!!!!

Keep em coming folks!!! No harm in dreaming/rumoring... only 9 days to go until facts are facts... so what the hell!!! and if you have played this right, you cant lose... no matter what... Even if it is just good ole Mick Fkb Jagger and nothing more... that is fine and fun and A-OK... BUT HOLY CRAP!!! What if it is more?.... what if the ROLLING STONES COME WALKING ON STAGE AND PLAY!!!.... CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!!!! ??? YES I CAN!!!!!

I want to Believe...

let them horses run... dont hold em....

Posted by: batonrouge75 ()
Date: May 11, 2012 03:34

flacnvinyl
I'm taking all of this with a grain of salt, but these are newer articles.. We're not talking USA Today or Washington Post, but still fun to consider the Stones on SNL... The first one will encourage Taylor fans for sure...

Stones on SNL - Mick Taylor invited....
http://www.pasadenastarnews.com/ci_20577893/rolling-stones-saturday-night-live-and-no-doubt

he Stones and Saturday night

The Rolling Stones' Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ron Wood are rehearsing in a small New Jersey recording studio with their usual touring keyboardist Chuck Leavell, formerly of The Allman Brothers, and producer Don Was sitting in on bass, possibly for a soon-to rejoin Bill Wyman.

Speculation is rampant that the band will make a surprise appearance on "Saturday Night Live" when Jagger hosts the season finale on May 19, according to VVN News. Jagger is also set to serve as the show's musical guest.

In addition, the group's second lead guitarist, Mick Taylor, who replaced Brian Jones in 1969 and was invited by Keith Richards to join the band's current activities, is in town. He performed this week on "Late Night With Jimmy Fallon."

http://www2.gibson.com/News-Lifestyle/News/en-us/rolling-stones-new-york-rehearsals-0510-2012.aspx

A little rumor has hit the press that The Rolling Stones are currently in New York City, holding top-secret rehearsals. The Daily Mirror is reporting that the classic rockers have been practicing some of their most popular songs in the Big Apple, such as “Miss You,” “Jumping Jack Flash” and “Tumbling Dice.”

What could possibly be the reason for all the rehearsing? One thought is that since singer Mick Jagger is scheduled to appear as both host and musical guest on the season finale of Saturday Night Live on May 19, the Stones might join him on stage for the performance.

The Daily Mirror is also reporting that the band have been hard at work booking venues for a 2013 summer European tour, in conjunction with a larger tour commemorating the band’s 50th anniversary. Would you be game to see a Rolling Stones reunion show? Let us know in the conversation, below!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/night-copy/rolling-stones-rehearse-in-secret-for-50th-824524

THE Rolling Stones have been rehearsing secretly in New York prompting talk of a tour to mark the band’s 50th anniversary.

They are expected to make a surprise appearance on US TV show Saturday Night Live on May 19, which will be hosted by Mick Jagger.

The band have been practicing a series of classics including Jumping Jack Flash, Tumbling Dice and Miss You.

Insiders say venues for European dates next summer have already been scouted out.

They formed in July 1962 at London’s Marquee Club, although Keith Richards insists 2013 is the real anniversary

as it was when drummer Charlie Watts joined the group.

* The Daily Mirror has joined forces with the Stones and publishers Thames & Hudson to publish The Rolling Stones 50, a photo archive of the band’s history.

Please let this be true.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: May 11, 2012 06:41

Thats the spirit! I'm not hyping it up in my mind though. HOWEVER, I do wish Jagger had consulted with me (of all people) prior to calling up the Foo Fighters.

Does he know that Spoon, Wilco and Arcade Fire are all still around? I just hope we don't get Will-I-Am up there singing with him... No Black Eyed Peas for me please.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: May 11, 2012 07:47

Sadly in the internet era, their speculation probably comes from us.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1426
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home