Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Big Hits Tour
Posted by: Highwire.uk ()
Date: May 1, 2012 09:15

I know some fans on this board do not like a hits tour,but I think if we get anything at all it will be a Big Hits show.
Thinking about this It looks good to me.Why because its looking like it will be the last big tour,and I for one want to hear the hits one last time.
I would be glad to be walking out of my last Stones show with Jumpin Jack Flash ringing in my ears.
Having said that I would also like to hear Down In THe Hole LIVE

Re: Big Hits Tour
Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: May 1, 2012 19:20

A big hits tour is something they may do..

I would like them to play a song from every album...Or a few from
the Brian, Taylor and Wood era...

Sadly not many ticket buying fans want to hear
Down in the Hole or even Sleep Tonight.

Either way it needs to be more up beat-- party type tour.. Something the
fans can really get into.

As this could be the LAST TIME!

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: May 1, 2012 22:37

not sure i like a big hits tour, see cause its a big hit dosent mean its a better song than an average album track.

i would prefer a tour which is more versatile, has more songs played, set lists switched more regularly.

would rather have a few rarities than "you got me rocking" every gig.

and would rather have 4 early blues and rock numbers than an 11 min version of "you cant always get what you want"

and i could do without "start me up" "satisfaction" and "tumblin dice" swap them for "black limo" "the last time" and "torn and frayed"

Posted by: tipps ()
Date: May 2, 2012 06:41

I can't see a big tour again.

Posted by: riverrat ()
Date: May 2, 2012 07:21

It should be the Kiss Off Tour, and they can play all their "kiss off" songs and give us all a proper kiss off goodbye.

Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: May 2, 2012 10:37

They could call it Big Hits tour for the publicity and then play whatever they want or usually do anyway, as it's mostly warhorses in the standard set list.

Kiss Off tour is a good name, says it all, and sort of ties in with Licks tour.

Date: May 2, 2012 17:02

You mean they're going to play songs from 1963-1966 only?

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 2, 2012 20:15

If they play multiple nights in one city they'll probably mix up the set. I've had enough of the war horses. Please, no more Sympathy For the Devil coming off the B-stage, it's too predictable.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 2, 2012 20:20

Highwire.uk
I know some fans on this board do not like a hits tour,but I think if we get anything at all it will be a Big Hits show.
Thinking about this It looks good to me.Why because its looking like it will be the last big tour,and I for one want to hear the hits one last time.
I would be glad to be walking out of my last Stones show with Jumpin Jack Flash ringing in my ears.
Having said that I would also like to hear Down In THe Hole LIVE

Its been a 'big hits show' since 2002. Any future tour will be no different.

Although most people have been thinking theyve been hearing the hits 'one last time' since about 1982. Quite why they'd want to JUST hear that is beyond me, but each to their own.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1501
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home