Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Is This TRUE? (Bill Wyman + Stones)
Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: April 29, 2012 16:39

I was perusing and found this at Shidoobee:

Bill Wyman To Re-Join The Rolling Stonesby Paul Cashmere on April 28, 2012

Expect to see an old name in the Rolling Stones credits soon. With news that the band is heading back to the studio to mark its 50th year, the word on the street is that Bill Wyman is re-joining the band.

Plans are underway for a 50th anniversary event that is now likely to take place in 2013, marking 50 years since Charlie Watts joined the band.

The Rolling Stones timeline is:
April 1962 – Mick Jagger, Keith Richards and Brian Jones form the band
June, 1962 – ‘The Rollin’ Stones’ first gig under than name
December, 1962 – Bill Wyman joins
January, 1963 – Charlie Watts

Officially, the 50th came and went this month without any fanfare. According to Keith, the 50th should be marked from when Charlie joined.
However, getting agreement on what to do has been difficult for The Stones. Charlie’s decision to stop touring after A Bigger Bang made the band re-evaluate its future and the 50th events could very well make this time really be the last time for The Stones.

Instead of another major tour, the plans are being drawn up for a series of one-offs and that suits Bill Wyman. Like Charlie, he won’t tour either but a few shows and a few sessions seems within his comfort zone. However, Bill won’t get on a plane so his “one-off” may be limited to London. In 1990 while on tour with The Stones he was on a plane in a nasty storm. That is why he will no longer fly unless it is absolutely necessary.

Bill was the oldest member of The Rolling Stones. He is 75-years old now, 5 years older than Charlie. He left The Rolling Stones after ‘Steel Wheels’. His departure was announced in December, 1992.

LINK - [www.noise11.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-29 16:43 by Cocaine Eyes.

Re: Is This TRUE? (Bill Wyman + Stones)
Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: April 29, 2012 16:47

Is this the same Paul Cashmere who knew for a fact that Charlie was leaving the Stones?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 29, 2012 17:38

"Charlie’s decision to stop touring after A Bigger Bang"

Hmmm...Charlie's a bit of a bastard eh...refuses to tour with the Stones but will with his jazz band. confused smiley

Re: Is This Cashmere Stupid?
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: April 29, 2012 17:53

my lord will this Cashmere never figure out that he doesn't have a clue what he's talking about?!

"Officially, the 50th came and went this month without any fanfare" - ffs, the first gig was in July 1962, not april!

Date: April 29, 2012 17:55

treaclefingers

Hmmm...Charlie's a bit of a bastard eh...refuses to tour with the Stones but will with his jazz band. confused smiley

That's pretty harsh! Touring with his jazz band involves a lot less fuss and much less craziness.smoking smiley

Re: Is This Cashmere Stupid?
Date: April 29, 2012 18:04

with sssoul
my lord will this Cashmere never figure out that he doesn't have a clue what he's talking about?!

"Officially, the 50th came and went this month without any fanfare" - ffs, the first gig was in July 1962, not april!

I do recall reading that they 'got together' in April...

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 29, 2012 18:16

treaclefingers

Impressive bit of re-invention by Cashmere to make his 'Charlie has left the Stones' bollocks look less embarrassing for him than it was.

Utter nonsense.

Date: April 29, 2012 18:19

Maybe this is the 'April' he's talking about:

[www.lettersofnote.com]

In April of 1962, 18-year-old Keith Richards wrote the following enthusiastic letter to his aunt, "Patty," and described, amongst other things, an encounter some months previous that would ultimately change his life — the moment he met Mick Jagger for the first time since being childhood friends.

Date: April 29, 2012 20:17

Cocaine Eyes
treaclefingers

That's pretty harsh! Touring with his jazz band involves a lot less fuss and much less craziness.smoking smiley

I was purely being sarcastic...I don't believe a word of it, Charlie refusing to tour. utter shite, as they say in the Emerald Isle. (I think)

Date: April 29, 2012 20:18

Gazza
treaclefingers

Impressive bit of re-invention by Cashmere to make his 'Charlie has left the Stones' bollocks look less embarrassing for him than it was.

Utter nonsense.

Agreed, I was being sarcastic for the record, as calling Charlie a 'bit of a bastard' would not be in my repetoire! Just for the record!

Date: April 29, 2012 20:24

treaclefingers
Gazza
treaclefingers

Utter nonsense.

Agreed, I was being sarcastic for the record, as calling Charlie a 'bit of a bastard' would not be in my repetoire! Just for the record!

GOOD!! You know, when writing/posting on the internet it's often difficult to truly 'get' what the person is saying/meaning.

Apologies for misinterpreting your words!!smoking smiley

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: April 29, 2012 21:30

Well, if Bill Wyman were indeed to re-join the Rolling Stones for their next studio album, that would effectively rule out all chances of Ron Wood moving up to the post of becoming the 3rd lead vocalist of the band because then, Bill would just re-occupy that post, too.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: April 29, 2012 21:45

Paul Cashmere rides again! Wonder how he gets all his inside info, way down there in Australia.

Posted by: Long John Stoner ()
Date: April 29, 2012 22:04

Wyman is 75 now. By the time this alleged tour would occur, he'd be approaching 77 years of age.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: April 29, 2012 22:13

I thought no one is allowed to leave and come back. Mick still hardly talks to B. Keys.

Date: April 29, 2012 22:21

Send It To me
I thought no one is allowed to leave and come back. Mick still hardly talks to B. Keys.

Yeah, but Bill is an original member!

Secondly, there are "reasons" why Jagger is not close to Bobby Keys. smoking smiley (Bobby is in 'Keith's camp', trouble with drugs early on,etc.)

Jagger has chosen Chuck Leavell as his new best friend, in a manner of speaking.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-29 22:22 by Cocaine Eyes.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: April 29, 2012 22:28

look lets just hope its true, and btw if it is not then why was bill at these meetings to begin with?

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: April 29, 2012 22:55

melillo
look lets just hope its true, and btw if it is not then why was bill at these meetings to begin with?

He's in. You can feel it. He already played with them for like three days anyway, right? Could have been a whole week for all we know.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: April 29, 2012 23:07

I don't much care whether it's Bill or Darryl, to tell the truth - is that wrong of me? confused smiley

Date: April 29, 2012 23:54

Send It To me
I don't much care whether it's Bill or Darryl, to tell the truth - is that wrong of me? confused smiley

Then you'll probably be in for a treat

Date: April 29, 2012 23:55

Brue
Send It To me

Then you'll probably be in for a treat

Because if you can't tell the difference by now, you will after this is over.

Date: April 30, 2012 02:13

Brue
melillo

He's in. You can feel it. He already played with them for like three days anyway, right? Could have been a whole week for all we know.

It was three days. No more, no less.

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: April 30, 2012 02:14

billwebster
Well, if Bill Wyman were indeed to re-join the Rolling Stones for their next studio album, that would effectively rule out all chances of Ron Wood moving up to the post of becoming the 3rd lead vocalist of the band because then, Bill would just re-occupy that post, too.

Bill Wyman or no Bill Wyman has nothing to do with if Mick/Keith allow Ronnie to sing a lead or not.

Date: April 30, 2012 02:16

melillo

because the Stones have been involved in a lot of archive projects over the last couple of years, and Bill (being the band's main 'historian') has been part of that.

Date: April 30, 2012 02:30

Gazza
Brue
melillo

It was three days. No more, no less.

So he's back in the band?

Date: April 30, 2012 02:42

blah blah blah....

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: April 30, 2012 02:44

yadda yadda yadda....

Posted by: mandrax1972 ()
Date: April 30, 2012 03:30

charlie refusing to tour? he's been all over europe with his abcd band and is now heading to the USA.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: April 30, 2012 03:47

billwebster

Huh? I don't think Bill sang any vocals since 1967 or so, and was never a "lead vocalist" with the exception of his own "In Another Land"/. Actually Taylor became third vocalist at the time of Goats Head Soup and IORR. He is seen singing the videos for IORR (not sure if he sang at all on the '73 tour - doubtful).

Date: April 30, 2012 03:51

confused smiley
71Tele
billwebster

Huh? I don't think Bill sang any vocals since 1967 or so, and was never a "lead vocalist" with the exception of his own "In Another Land"/. Actually Taylor became third vocalist at the time of Goats Head Soup and IORR. He is seen singing the videos for IORR (not sure if he sang at all on the '73 tour - doubtful).

I didn't want to admit it, but I also didn't think Bill was ever a big vocalist with the Stones.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1180
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home