Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Great new World Party Release!
Posted by: Tate ()
Date: April 11, 2012 03:21

One of my very favorite bands, very much Stones influenced, World Party (aka Karl Wallinger) has just released a 5 cd set... Oh my I am so happy. They're kind of obscure these days so I have not yet landed a physical copy, but I'm listening on Spotify right now and just beside myself with joy over this. They released 5 albums since 1984, then this 5 cd set, all unreleased tracks... just beautiful. Just wanted to share. It's called 'Arkeology.' I've posted about WP in the past, I'm sure some of you remember them...(??) One of my all time favorite artists.

Re: OT: Great new World Party Release!
Posted by: GOO ()
Date: April 11, 2012 05:38

The Waterboys r better

Posted by: TeaAtThree ()
Date: April 11, 2012 06:13

Love World Party! I was not a big fan of Dumbing Up and had kinda given up on them. Glad to know they're back.

Saw them in Baltimore years ago when Wallinger through a temper tantrum due to a bum speaker -- refused to play the encore. Pretty childish if you ask me, but they put on a great show.
T@3

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 11, 2012 06:57

Heavily and admittedly influenced by the Beatles, Wallinger is a great musician and I am a fan!
Haven't heard much about him in the last few years, but didn't he suffer a major health scare a while ago?
A heart attack? Or was it a brain disorder?
Hope he's doing better.

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: April 12, 2012 02:49

He had an aneurysm... but recovered. I saw them in 2006. Yes, lots of Beatles influence there, but also Stones, and Prince too, among others. I loved Dumbing Up (have both 2002 and 2006 versions).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1487
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home