Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
OT:Jackpot Alert
Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: August 21, 2007 05:19

Attention IORR's. The Mega Millions jackpot is up to $171 Million bucks. A mere 90 something million if you take the cash option. So those of you, in or near the following states:CA,GA,IL,MD,MA,MI,NJ,NY,OH,TX,VA,WA. Run,don't walk to your nearest outlet. Ya can't win if you don't play and that's a nice piece of change..........Plus if a Stones fan wins,then maybe they will be nice enough to shell out the 5 mill needed for a private gig. Hell if I win I'll spring for it. Maybe for a couple extra mill,I can choose the setlistsmiling smiley............Go big or go home baby!

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Re: OT:Jackpot Alert
Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: August 21, 2007 05:25

Hell, I'll give them $5,000,001. For that extra buck, they have to play the setlist I give them!! smiling smiley

Date: August 21, 2007 05:28

ha ha...I just went back and read your ENTIRE post, at first my eyes just saw..5 million, private gig....I didn't see you write...for a couple of extra million...i was only willing to give them a buck more for the setlist of our choosing....LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-08-21 05:28 by Bingo.

Date: August 21, 2007 05:29

I was gonna say you drive a hard bargain Bingo,LOL........But then again,I'm the last of the big spenders.grinning smiley

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: August 21, 2007 08:02

The lottery is such a tease. Bought a scratch off ticket a few weeks ago and thought I won a hundred grand. My eyesight must be going. I mistook a 12 for a 14 and nearly jumped throught the roof for nothing.

I think it's a waste for people to spend loads of money on the lottery but if you buy a few tickets here and there I guess it's worth it. At least you can dream.

I used to be hooked on those "win for life" scratch off tickets. You win a thousand dollars a week for life. I would be happy with that.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: August 21, 2007 13:35

I'm already in, charmed. Myself and several co-workers all pitch in and buy with the idea of splitting the winnings. Hope you see me on TV.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: August 21, 2007 13:50

We have the Powerball here in Louisiana which is up to $245 million/$115 mil cash. Don't know how much that is after taxes, but I think I would be able to afford a Stones show and still be able to buy my dream condo in the French Quarter next to Angelina's place. You guys would have to travel to New Orleans for the show, however!

Date: August 21, 2007 22:23

Elmo,likewise. Only my co-workers are to cheap to pitch in. So I'll invest a 10 spot on my own..................Grover,I'llgladly come to NO for a show. Or pretty much any other reason for that matter. I came close last week. Only missed it by 4 numbers.grinning smiley

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: August 22, 2007 00:30

Unfortunatly, I'm not in California or another state right now.

But if I would win, I want to see a Private concert with The Rolling Stones as headliner and the co-headliner should be Diana Ross and the opening act should be Hall & Oates or The Moody Blues.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: August 22, 2007 00:38

$171 Million ?!? You could start WWIII with that amount! Or arrange a Stones mini-tour..

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: August 22, 2007 00:50

I think it should be forbitten, think 5 Mill. will be enough for the most of us

Date: August 22, 2007 01:51

Erik_Snow Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> $171 Million ?!? You could start WWIII with that
> amount! Or arrange a Stones mini-tour..

I draw the line at 10 mill for 1 show and setlist............The rest goes for wine and women.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: August 22, 2007 02:03

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-02-23 17:29 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: August 22, 2007 02:10

hey sweetcharmedlife remember that california lottery commercial where the guy goes " I was in the supermarket the other day when it hit me... like I could TOTALLY affoard all this cheese!" ? that was a good one!

Date: August 22, 2007 02:13

Yeah pretty cute. I better save a couple pennies to play the CA lotto. It's up to 77 mill. I don't have a gambling problem.....................I have a winning problem.

Date: August 23, 2007 06:19

Bump...................Well,no one hit on Tues. That means Fri.will be worth over 200 MILLION dollars. OK,now we are talking some serious dough re mi............Someone on here has to win. I just feel it........Just remember us if ya do.winking smiley

Date: February 22, 2008 23:01

Mega Millions is 270 Mill tonight. That's a lot of clams.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 22, 2008 23:31

$162 M for the cash options. I'm going $5 to try for that! Can you say "Private Stones Party?

"No Anchovies, Please"

Date: February 23, 2008 17:14

1 winning ticket for 270 Million sold in GEORGIA!.....Anybody seen Elmo lately?

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: February 23, 2008 20:17

......Elmo and his co-workers are consulting with an attorney and a CPA as we speak........an announcement will be made Monday morning........or not

Date: February 23, 2008 23:02

Perhaps Elmo is negotiating a date for the Stones to play the Fox Theatre?

Date: February 23, 2008 23:56

UPDATED: 4:00 p.m. February 23, 2008
Portal, Ga., couple savoring $270M jackpot

By JEFFRY SCOTT
Published on: 02/23/08

About 2 p.m. Saturday, the world wheeled up in front of Robert and Tonya Harris' mobile home in the tiny southeast Georgia town of Portal.

"The CNN truck is pulling up now," said Harris, a 47-year-old iron worker who won the equivalent of American Idol status, at least for the day, by hitting the $270 million Mega Millions lottery with a ticket he said he purchased Friday night.
What should the winner of the $270M jackpot do with the money?

Speculation around town Saturday morning was that it was his wife Tonya's ticket. Harris said Saturday afternoon it was his. "It's on me right now," he said.

He said he picked the winning combination of numbers - 7, 12, 13, 19, 22 - based on his grandchildren's birthdays. He and his wife planned to have family members over Saturday night to celebrate.

"I called my boss this morning and told him I was quitting," Harris said. "He understood." Harris said he and his wife would soon move out of their mobile home, but he wasn't sure they'd move out of town.

Harris said he plans to take the winnings in a lump sum when he drives to Georgia Lottery Headquarters to cash in the winning ticket Monday.

According to the Georgia Lottery Corp., that's about $164 million before taxes. Georgia Lottery spokesperson Tandi Reddick said she couldn't confirm that Harris is the winner until the winning ticket is turned in to lottery officials.

She confirmed the ticket was bought at Clyde's Market on Highway 80 in Portal, where Saturday morning Harris came by to celebrate and talked to an AJC reporter.

When asked then how his life would change, Harris, said: I used to live in a trailer. And I used to be an iron worker." He said he couldn't explain how he used his six grandchildren's birthdays to pick the winning combination. "I'm too happy and confused right now to think too clear."

In any case, he said, it would be the last time he used that scheme. "I don't think I need to play the lottery anymore," he said.

The New York Post had called, he said. So had reporters from Savannah, Macon and Atlanta. The hubbub was big, even by big city standards.

But in Portal, a farming town of about 600 between Statesboro and Swainsboro, a CNN crew showing up - for anything - was historic, said Portal Mayor Larry Motes.

"We don't have any movie stars from here or any famous athletes," said Motes, who was awakened at 5:45 Saturday morning with a call from the sheriff's office, asking if he knew who had won.

"We just don't make a lot of news in Portal."

At Portal Auto and Hardware, store owner Sammy Deal said the phone was ringing off the hook with people speculating about who had won.

Was the winner from Portal or just passing through? What would it mean to the town? If the winner was hugely magnanimous, $164 million before taxes divided among everybody in town puts more than $273,000 in 600 pockets.

Deal doubted that would happen. He said he wouldn't give it away if he won. But, he added, "with that kind of money, they could buy the place." Meaning the town of Portal.

But Harris, playing host to the world Saturday, didn't mention the purchase of the city as one of the items on his new shopping list.

And now for the runners-up:

In addition to the grand prize winner, 36 players matched all five numbers but not the Mega Ball number. They will receive second prizes of $250,000 each.

Another 207 players matched four numbers, plus the Mega Ball number — good for third prizes of $10,000 each.

Six California players matched five numbers, and another 38 matched four of the five lotto numbers, plus the Mega Ball number. The prize amounts in California are different than what prize winners in the other Mega Ball participating states would receive.

The next drawing — worth $12 million — will be Tuesday.

The winning numbers from Friday night's drawing were: 7, 12, 13, 19 and 22. The Mega Ball number was 10.
Associated Press contributed to this report

Date: February 24, 2008 00:22

WOW! No more trailers for Robert and Tonya!
Now they an afford a real home with their major appliances inside, rather than on the front porch!
Just hope R&T can survive this windfall. Stuff tends to happen to people when they fall into money, y'know?

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: February 24, 2008 00:23

....hmmmm, Tonya Harris sounds familiar....I think she owes me some money.

Date: February 24, 2008 00:27

if your running for office and you have a bunch of proposals and people ask you where will the money come from, just say "We'll have more lotteries".

Date: February 24, 2008 03:21

Lukester
....hmmmm, Tonya Harris sounds familiar....I think she owes me some money.

Maybe she's Elmo's cousin. Hell isn't everybody in Georgia related anyway?tongue sticking out smiley

Date: February 24, 2008 03:23

Hey! I'm originally from Georgia!

Date: February 24, 2008 03:45

It all fits now. Elmo Grove. Edith Lewis.

Date: February 24, 2008 04:56

hey charmed, were supposed to get this big storm but looks like it hasn't hit yet. maybe it will miss us?

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: February 24, 2008 05:05

He said he picked the winning combination of numbers - 7, 12, 13, 19, 22 - based on his grandchildren's birthdays. He and his wife planned to have family members over Saturday night to celebrate.

7, 12, 13, 19, 22 ???

Dammit!! Are you kidding ?? !!
Those are the very same numbers I was going to play !!!
I guess I got distracted...
Maybe if I call the lottery people and the Harris family and explain this problem...

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1570
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home