Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT: Headphones
Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: March 17, 2012 15:07

Most of my listening these days is done on my iPhone or iPod. I currently have a pair of seinheiser (correct spelling?) headphones but have also owned a pair of Beats By Dr Dre - Tour version. The Latter boasted fabulous sound, but they break easily. Contemplating purchasing a pair of the Studios. Is anyone here a fan of these headphones? What brand and model do my fellow Iorrians use?

Re: OT: Headphones
Posted by: keefbajaga ()
Date: March 17, 2012 15:14

Just bought a wireless SONY headphone MDR RF810R, so I can enjoy my (Stones)-music outside in the garden, bathroom etc. You can easily walk 100 meters outside, without losing sound.

It might not be the state-of-the art solution, but I am very satisfied with this. Costed me only 50 euro's.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 17, 2012 15:14

..... Sennheiser....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: March 17, 2012 15:15

I loved the one I have the Sennheiser 555 (correct spelling) ;o)
One of the speakers is broken confused smiley still have to buy a new one 30 Euro confused smiley

I paid 139.00 Euro...great sound but a bit pissseddoffff that one off the speakers broke ....I think it was a factory fault!!!!!!!!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-18 18:26 by NICOS.

Posted by: keefbajaga ()
Date: March 17, 2012 15:18

Rockman
..... Sennheiser....

Good quality, but always makes me think about those Luftwaffe-pilots WW II....

"If you choose to fly Messerschmidt, you can't do without Sennheiser..." winking smiley

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: March 17, 2012 16:30

Nothing beats Bose Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: March 17, 2012 17:02

My IPOD buds are cheap and cheerful, but I have the Quincy Jones endorsed headphones for my CD system.

Date: March 17, 2012 17:04

I mean AKG Q's.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: March 17, 2012 18:19

I think my in-ear Sennheiser headphones were around £45. The quality us excellent, with excellent deep bass and satisfying treble. They probably are a notch down from the Dre Tour pair, but IMO, are better value. The Dre's are overpriced.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 17, 2012 19:20

Have a pair of Sony MDR-XD200. The best ones I ever owned! Listprice was about 50 Euro but they were on sale (just one pair) for 5. A bargain! Also have a pair of TDK MP100 which are OK but not as good as the Sony pair. The thing with headphones is that often, after a year or so, you will lose the sound to one speaker. I don't know why that happens but therefore I hesitate to pay that much for them since I don't think that the more expensive ones has much longer durability.

Posted by: gwen ()
Date: March 17, 2012 19:27

I own a pair of shure in-ears, the cheaper model at around 100 euros. I really love them, great sound, the stereo separation is just perfect. I prefer in ears because most headphones leak or if they don't, they warm your ears... It's ok in winter. With properly fitted in ears, you don't really need noise cancellation.

Also note that noise cancellation can have an effect on the original sound. However with headphones it's not that important since headphones use psychoacoustic effects for stereo imaging and dynamics, they all sound very different.

I also have klipsche in ears which have fabulous bass (very deep and musical), but there actually is too much bass for my taste.

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: March 17, 2012 19:43

I do hope you all get to avoid tinitus.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-17 22:24 by leteyer.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: March 17, 2012 23:50

tomcasagranda
My IPOD buds are cheap and cheerful, but I have the Quincy Jones endorsed headphones for my CD system.

I was looking at those and trying to decide between that and the Dr. Dre Beats...
I've had the same Sony phones for 20 years. Bought them for $100 in 91 and they still sound great.....but I want an upgrade now.
I'm old school - I like the big phones, where they cover your entire ear.....and I like a big sound. That's why I refuse to listen to my stereo system with the buds. There is a pair of the Quincy-endrosed phones that are massive, but pricey.....
Should I go Dr. or Quincy Jones....?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-17 23:52 by stupidguy2.

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: March 18, 2012 00:21

Silver Dagger

I second that. For home high quality Grado or Sennheiser are a better choice though I personally find the material Grado use for the ear piece surrounds too rough for my liking, but they are unparalleled in sound quality and generally surpass Sennheiser, if you liked open back headphones.

Cheers,
SonicD

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: March 18, 2012 00:31

While I like the Dr. Dre line - I think Bose are the best. That said, I tend to use Sony headphones for films & everyday listening - not bad & the price is much kinder to your wallet..but if you want to splurge - go for the Bose.
Cheers. smoking smiley

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: March 18, 2012 04:26

Bose noise canceling headphones are the boss! Especially on long haul flights, and sitting next to a farting passenger. Great invention! And great bass response.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: March 18, 2012 04:52

The only thing that stops me from spending the cash on Bose is that I haven't found a pair as big or cavernous....

Posted by: KSIE ()
Date: March 18, 2012 05:57

Another vote for the Grado. I have the SR225i and absolutely love 'em. Pricey.

They make fantastic cartridges also, if you're into the turntable thing..........

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 18, 2012 06:08

I have the lower end (price wise) Grado SR60s. They do the trick.

Posted by: JJackFl ()
Date: March 18, 2012 11:13

keefbajaga

Have you ever heard about Bang & Olufsen?

Posted by: pjs425 ()
Date: March 18, 2012 11:29

If you're in the UK What HIFI magazine recently did a super-test on headphones,so may be worth having a look... I have a pair of Bose noise cancelling headphones, which are pretty good and combined with a good CD player you can get close to what the engineers hear as they mix the tracks.

The other night I was listening to All About You and I could not only hear every breath Keith made but there was an organ sound very low in the mix, which I've never heard before...maybe they thought it was mixed out...but it's there with headphones!

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: March 18, 2012 12:56

I usually go for headphones from Sennheiser as well. At the moment I'm using Sennheiser HD 518. I'd say they sound pretty good, although being rather inexpensive. [www.trustedreviews.com]

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 18, 2012 14:46

I enjoy my new electrostatic Stax SR-009 a lot, you cannot compare it to any dynamic headphone: There is nothing to hide anymore.

Date: March 18, 2012 18:01

Jjackfl,

I love B & O; my hi-fi systems is B & O. The staff are excellent, their stuff beyond excellent, but headphone wise, they are great, but not excellent. I am looking to acquire their in-ear phones for the IPOD at some stage. However, I wasn't impressed with their other headphones for my Beolab.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 18, 2012 18:39

whitem8
Bose noise canceling headphones are the boss! Especially on long haul flights, and sitting next to a farting passenger. Great invention! And great bass response.

Of course they have great bass response. Bose make products that improperly reproduce low freqs = they are way too boomy and bassy. Sounds great but technically Bose products are faulty. Good headphones should reproduce the high mid and low freqs equally.

It's a bit like selling a TV screen that's set to "push" the color red. "Dig that chick! She looks great and sun-tanned on my new TV".

A good visual or aural device is a neutral device! winking smiley

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: March 18, 2012 21:09

whitem8

Hey whitem8, don't tell me they now also neutralise the air!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 18, 2012 22:10

keefbajaga
Rockman
..... Sennheiser....

Good quality, but always makes me think about those Luftwaffe-pilots WW II....

"If you choose to fly Messerschmidt, you can't do without Sennheiser..." winking smiley

good one!

Posted by: JJackFl ()
Date: March 19, 2012 00:13

tomcasagranda
I love B & O; my hi-fi systems is B & O. The staff are excellent, their stuff beyond excellent, but headphone wise, they are great, but not excellent. I am looking to acquire their in-ear phones for the IPOD at some stage. However, I wasn't impressed with their other headphones for my Beolab.

O.K> I don-t know nothing about Quincy Jones endorsed headphones. It's excellent? Better then B & O?

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: March 19, 2012 01:09

My wife got me the Dre Beats for my work (I do closed-captioning), and they seem to be pretty good. I little bass-heavy, but that's okay. Before that I had the Bose Triport (I think that's what it's called) which I liked very much and still use for my iPod and such.

Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: March 19, 2012 12:51

Silver Dagger

I've got the Bose QC15s and I love them.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1480
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home