Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT - Ian McLagan/Rich Kids
Date: March 18, 2012 19:44

Saw Hugh Cornwell & Glen Matlock last night. During Glen's set, he said he was going to do a song he did with Ian McLagan and proceeded to play a kickass version of Cheap Emotions off The Ghosts of Princes In The Tower album. After the show I asked Glen how he and Ian hooked up. He's said it was an 'odd pairing at the time' but they had a mutual friend and Ian said he'd love to play on the album. Just an interesting Stones related factoid.

Scotty,
Irvine, CA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-18 19:52 by micknkeef@cox.net.

Re: OT - Ian McLagan/Rich Kids
Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: March 18, 2012 19:55

I never heard the Rich Kids record, but I remember when it came out and seeing Mac's name on the credits. Probably the first pairing on an (s)Ex-Pistol with someone from the old guard generation, sort of a big deal at the time although funny to think of it now.

Where was the show?

Date: March 18, 2012 20:14

loog droog
I never heard the Rich Kids record, but I remember when it came out and seeing Mac's name on the credits. Probably the first pairing on an (s)Ex-Pistol with someone from the old guard generation, sort of a big deal at the time although funny to think of it now.

Where was the show?

The Echoplex. Only about 80 people there, at the most! Clem Burke and Steve Fishman played both sets. They did this thru the whole 12 date tour. Clem was awesome as ever, a true iron man. Plays like Moon but very efficient in his movement. The only way you can play +2 hours night after night. A great way to spend a rainy SoCal Saturday night.

Scotty

Oh ya. And stupid me forgot to ask both Glen and Clem about their appearences in Oil City Confidential. Geez, gettin' old is a bitch.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-18 21:17 by micknkeef@cox.net.

Date: March 20, 2012 01:34

Heres video of Hugh, Fishman and Clem Saturday night.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1584
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home