Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Rainbow Brigde - Jimi Hendrix
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 18, 2012 22:04

Wowzer. Just noticed the link to the COMPLETE film on you tube today. Very sweet. Although the producers are a bit out there and full of themselves the subject matter is divine.

I was there. Just a little kid wandering through the mango orchards picking fruit for my grandparents. No I missed the show from close up, Grandpa was more into accordian music and all the hippies kinda freaked him out. But I have always been deeply moved my Jimi's music, at a soul level, especially this era and maybe my proximity to this concert is part of the reason. I can taste the mangos as I watch it.

The surfing scene with EZ Rider playing gets me every time and I could wax poetic about Pali Gap (intro tune) till the cows come home. peace

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-18 22:14 by Naturalust.

Re: OT: Rainbow Brigde - Jimi Hendrix
Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: March 18, 2012 22:32

Pali Gap is ace!

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: March 18, 2012 22:33

Always great to hear Jimmi ...never get bored .........hate that hippy talking at the end ..........although I remember sitting on the floor talking stupid discussions like that.

Already in your teens back then Naturalist?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-19 01:19 by NICOS.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 19, 2012 01:47

No Nicos I was 6 that summer. Came back to the mainland to start school (kicking and screaming). I really don't remember the concert other that what I've been told since then which is quite a bit. Hard to separate story from reality in retrospect. Primo beer is one which lingers because of the terrible taste, and mangos. And of course I'm still tending the arrow Jimi shot through my heart that day.....

Yeah that hippie talk is too much, but it seemed like they believed all that stuff, and who were you to suggest any different at that time. peace (still popular in 2012)

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: March 19, 2012 02:06

This isn't the Rainbow Bridge movie, which only contains about 20 minutes of Hendrix's concert footage.

This is all the Hendrix footage that has fallen into the hands of collectors, that someone has lovingly compiled to make a longer concert film.
Very good job they did too, me thinks!

The DVD download of this can be found over at Crosstown torrents

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-19 02:10 by vudicus.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 19, 2012 02:35

I still have my original Rainbow Bridge soundtrack on vinyl from back in the day which I played to death - plus a couple of unscathed mint copies in the collection.
Pali Gap definitely an all-time favorite, as well as the version of Hear My Train A Coming. I remember seeing the movie at a late night showing at a local theater when I was in 7th grade, and then bought a VHS copy sometime in the '80's. It's been years since I watched it, but I do remember the scene where the surfer is carving out his surfboard to smuggle a bunch of weed, as well as the surfing scene with EZ-Ryder.

edit: Here's the official movie trailer from 1972...strange days indeed:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-19 02:40 by Hairball.

Posted by: WeLoveYou ()
Date: March 19, 2012 12:57

I used to listen to the vinyl album also. Dolly Dagger is brilliant!

I've watched the official movie with the short Jimi concert part which is pretty good, but looking forward to the youtube clips

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1371
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home