Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Paul McCartney & Mick share a train compartment on Aug. 25, 1967
Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: March 3, 2012 18:34

Please be free to post any review or article about Jagger & Paul that 25 th of August ,1967 !
I wasn't able to find more,though ...

[www.beatlesbible.com]

Following their initial meeting with Maharishi Mahesh Yogi on 24 August 1967, The Beatles, along with Cynthia Lennon, Pattie Harrison, her sister Jenny, Alexis Mardas, Mick Jagger and Marianne Faithfull, travelled to Bangor, North Wales, to embark upon a 10-day conference on Transcendental Meditation.

The Beatles, meanwhile, were in a first class compartment, travelling for the first time in many years without their manager Brian Epstein or their assistants Aspinall and Mal Evans.

[www.independent.co.uk]

On 25 August 1967, I travelled with the Beatles on a train from London to Bangor in North Wales to meet the Maharishi. Their road managers and wives got left behind at Euston in the crush, so I was in a first-class compartment with the four of them, plus Mick Jagger and Marianne Faithfull, all in their flower-power clothes.

I watched carefully the atmosphere between John and Jagger. They seemed friendly enough, but a bit distant, guarded. That was the weekend Brian Epstein died - it wasn't suicide, although he did have suicidal tendencies.

Some weeks later I asked John about his relationship with Jagger. He said he'd always envied Mick - not his music, but the way from the beginning the Stones had dressed on stage, all scruffy and menacing, whereas Brian had put the Beatles in neat little matching suits and told them not to smoke on stage. John told me that he had hated all that. But of course he'd done it, been persuaded that it had to be done, to be accepted by audiences in 1961.

HUNTER DAVIES

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Re: Paul McCartney & Mick share a train compartment on Aug. 25, 1967
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: March 3, 2012 18:54

some BBC coverage: [www.bbc.co.uk]

Posted by: paulm ()
Date: March 3, 2012 19:01

as much as I luv MJ he's always seemed to have a hair across his crack about being inferior to Macca, which he is artistically anyway. But who is Macca's equal in that regard? No one. This photo shows it: Macca just chillin', and MJ leaning forward, always thinking how he can manipulate a situation to his advantage. But he really can't compete with Macca. It's kinda funny.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-03 19:03 by paulm.

Posted by: vincentwhirlwind ()
Date: March 4, 2012 05:19

I think this has been posted before ,Jagger is leaning foward cutting a fart!

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: March 4, 2012 16:16

: with sssoul ,thanks for the link ,the video doesn't show -not available in your area- but I've read the article.

<<as much as I luv MJ he's always seemed to have a hair across his crack about being inferior to Macca, which he is artistically anyway<<
I though Paul & Jagger were still is good friends despite rumors of rivalry ..

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1499
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home