Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ed Sullivan to Mick at MSG : I'll be in your dressing room...
Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: February 16, 2012 06:14

When Ed Sullivan here says to Mick, "I'll be in your dressing room" at Madison Sq. Garden, it makes me wonder: What went through Ed's head during the actual concert?

Ed's end comments here made me wonder: What later went through Ed's head at Madison Square Garden during SYMPATHY FOR THE DEVIL? How did he react to the smell of reefer wafting his way?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-16 21:55 by bv.

Re: When Ed Sullivan here says to Mick, "I'll be in your dressing room" at Madison Sq. Garden, it makes me wonder: What went through Ed's head during the actual concert?
Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: February 16, 2012 06:22

I always took it as an awkward pass at Mick. I've always enjoyed Mick's dopey "bye-bye" to the TV audience.

Re: When Ed Sullivan here says to Mick, "I'll be in your dressing room" at Madison Sq. Garden, it makes me wonder: What went through Ed's head during the actual concert?
Posted by: tomk ()
Date: February 16, 2012 06:54

Rocky Dijon
I always took it as an awkward pass at Mick. I've always enjoyed Mick's dopey "bye-bye" to the TV audience.

I think Ed was just being nice. I don't think he was even there.
Mick's response was "dopey?" Campy perhaps. It's like when Ackroyd introduced him in that SNL skit in 1978, he gave the most campy expression when the audience was cheering.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: February 16, 2012 07:00

I know Ed was just playing nice on air. The wording just amuses me that's all.

Posted by: dewlover ()
Date: February 16, 2012 21:46

"Hey, where's the free food??"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1624
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home