Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

My guess is,,, Jagger will be there on The Sumlin memorial gig
Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 14, 2012 18:17

Yeah, Jagger will sing some mean blues on feb 24 on the Hubert Sumlin memorial, standing along Keef.
jeroen

Re: My guess is,,, Jagger will be there on The Sumlin memorial gig
Posted by: chelskeith ()
Date: February 14, 2012 18:46

I just hope their paths cross sometime that week- on stage together would be the best sign- white house, studio or Apollo- different songs but both at Apollo another good sign, same city and a meeting a good sign also.

No face to face would not be a good sign.

We should know something by EOM.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: February 14, 2012 20:21

Each person has an individual upcoming gig now. I don't think it's going to happen.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: chelskeith ()
Date: February 15, 2012 15:14

At least the gigs are close in proximity to each other in dates and location. Coincidence?

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: February 15, 2012 15:19

I don't know about guessing, but hoping... yes!
The same could go for Charlie and Bill, 'cause they have worked with Hubert in the past
(although one could doubt if Bill would take a plane to pay tribute to the man).

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: February 15, 2012 15:23

The gig is a tribute to a blues legend. It's supposed to be about him. They're not gonna turn it into a Stones event.

Date: February 15, 2012 15:32

tatters
The gig is a tribute to a blues legend. It's supposed to be about him. They're not gonna turn it into a Stones event.

I would say, the bigger the names of those who pay tribute to the man, the bigger the tribute.
But I guess you could be right. The press (and we) would go out of their minds if it turned
out to be a reunion and the focus would be turned away from the man it's all about.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 15, 2012 15:36

corriecas
Yeah, Jagger will sing some mean blues on feb 24 on the Hubert Sumlin memorial, standing along Keef.
jeroen

..and my guess is that if he doesn't, the more paranoid members of this forum will go into meltdown.

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: February 15, 2012 15:49

Mick & Keith did the NY gig in 2001 so there's nothing to say they wouldn't do it. But then they did Live Aid ...seperately.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: February 15, 2012 16:34

The GR
Mick & Keith did the NY gig in 2001 so there's nothing to say they wouldn't do it. But then they did Live Aid ...seperately.

But isn't the New York 2001 appearance the only time ever when Mick and Keith perform together in public without billed as the Rolling Stones? And if we take all the public appearences they have done without each other, that makes quite a long list. So the 2001 New York concert is an evidence that is possible, but VERY unlikely. Perhaps it was the expectional cause then that make them to make this extraordinary appearance and a public act of 'togetherness'. Pretty hard to think they have much drive or will for that these days.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-15 16:36 by Doxa.

Date: February 15, 2012 16:46

Doxa
Pretty hard to think they have much drive or will for that these days.

Argggh. That curse of cognitive dissonance is creeping up again. Come on, Dream! Allow some
romantic anticipation in your life for once!

Or at least stop ruining ours.

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: February 15, 2012 17:31

I agree with you Doxa. What I'm saying is it is possible as it has happened in the past, even if only once.

Personally I would love to see them do it but I think my love alone is not enough (like that Manic Street Preachers song !!).

Date: February 15, 2012 17:41

marcovandereijk
Doxa

Argggh. That curse of cognitive dissonance is creeping up again. Come on, Dream! Allow some

Auch. I feel ashamed... sad smiley

But I don't quite follow this romantic logic here. Why - taken that it is not The Rolling Stones in question here - do you want them to play together? They are big enough - very strong and charismatic individuals - to do it solely by their own. I am bit confused by this demand by the Rolling Stones fans that they should do everything 'hand in hand' together. Let me repeat: it is not the Rolling Stones performing there. Nor are Mick and Keith married.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-15 17:49 by Doxa.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 15, 2012 17:47

Gazza
corriecas
jeroen

..and my guess is that if he doesn't, the more paranoid members of this forum will go into meltdown.

that is also known as DEFCON 3.

Date: February 15, 2012 18:52

Doxa
marcovandereijk
Doxa

But I don't quite follow this romantic logic here. Why - taken that it is not The Rolling Stones in question here - do you want them to play together? They are big enough - very strong and charismatic individuals - to do it solely by their own. I am bit confused by this demand by the Rolling Stones fans that they should do everything 'hand in hand' together. Let me repeat: it is not the Rolling Stones performing there. Nor are Mick and Keith married.

- Doxa

No, but it would be good to see them together. Although not in love, or married. Still, it would be great to see bothMick nKeef together.
you cant deny that doxa. Do ya===
jeroen

Date: February 15, 2012 20:26

corriecas
Doxa
marcovandereijk
Doxa

- Doxa

No, but it would be good to see them together. Although not in love, or married. Still, it would be great to see bothMick nKeef together.
jeroen

Okay, I admit, I can't deny that... Yes, I also have a romantic spot there somewhere... but take my words more like a therapy - you (I) won't be disappointed so much...winking smiley

- Doxa

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: February 15, 2012 20:34

marcovandereijk
tatters

I would say, the bigger the names of those who pay tribute to the man, the bigger the tribute.
But I guess you could be right. The press (and we) would go out of their minds if it turned
out to be a reunion and the focus would be turned away from the man it's all about.
it's not a reunion. when did the stones break up? i don't think the press would give a damn about it. it's not earth shattering news.

Date: February 15, 2012 20:41

GumbootCloggeroo
i don't think the press would give a damn about it.

Now, I have noticed the press had quite some interest in the relation between the twins, the last
couple of years.
And I am glad Doxa showed some of his softer side in public. Don't be afraid to be disappointed,
my friend. There's always some music to find to carry you thru the hard times. And maybe one day
you'll find out it does not matter if a dream comes true. I've had lots of dreams that were
better than the real life and enjoyed the hell out of them!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 15, 2012 20:45

Gazza
corriecas
jeroen

We already have!angry smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 15, 2012 20:52

GumbootCloggeroo
marcovandereijk
tatters

it's not a reunion. when did the stones break up? i don't think the press would give a damn about it. it's not earth shattering news.

I think legally, if the trial separation lasts more than 5 years what you have is a functional divorce. All assets are automatically divided. Keith gets custody of Ronnie and Mick gets Charlie. This has it's roots in British common law.

It's always the band members least in the spotlight that suffer the most in these instances. It's not pretty.

Date: February 15, 2012 21:27

Doxa
corriecas
Doxa
marcovandereijk
Doxa

- Doxa

jeroen

Okay, I admit, I can't deny that... Yes, I also have a romantic spot there somewhere... but take my words more like a therapy - you (I) won't be disappointed so much...winking smiley

- Doxa

Hullo again,
ofcourse,i know there is no realistic point, in assuming Keef will join Jagger, or otherwise. It would be great,just for the diehard fans.
It will never happen. i know, these days the Glimmer Twins are miles apart, and get only together for the product, the Stones.
They have lost their feeling, their passion. Thats only obvious. They dont feel the need. Thats a shame, but they have every right to do what they want.
They have given us great music for the past 50 years.
They have given us good cds, and concerts.
only... i have a dream....
That they will shine a light on eachother once again, a final time and shatter us with god forsaken beautiful magical moments.
Sadly.. dreams come true only once in a lifetime.
I love the Stones, have been a fan since 1973, and just wish, wish.. i will see them a couple of times before they close the final curtain.
One Love
Jeroen

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1812
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home