Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT: famous unreleased albums you want released
Date: February 11, 2012 06:11

now that the beach boys SMILE album has been released it got me thinking about other legendary unreleased albums i want to see released. here are my top 3:

1 CSNY- human highway (most of the songs got released though in some form on various albums by the members)

2 neil young- chrome dreams (again neil released a lot of the songs on other albums but since chrome dream 2 came out i'd like to have chrome dreams which i think neil is putting out in his archive project)

3 buffalo springfield- stampede (all of the songs meant for this album have been released on the buffalo springfield boxset but it would be nice to have a standalone album sequenced correctly)

Re: OT: famous unreleased albums you want released
Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: February 11, 2012 06:21

Homegrown - Neil Young
Household Objects - Pink Floyd

Date: February 11, 2012 14:23

GumbootCloggeroo
Homegrown - Neil Young

think neil is releasing homegrown as part of his archive project

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: February 11, 2012 14:38

fogerty - hoodoo. it's not as bad as he thinks...but he destroyed the tapes, so prolly not happening.

clapton - turn up down. some pretty cool stuff there from a period that sounds much better in hindsight (hindhearing?). some of these tunes wound up on the subsequent record in alternate form.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: February 11, 2012 14:40

StonesTod
clapton - turn up down. some pretty cool stuff there from a period that sounds much better in hindsight (hindhearing?). some of these tunes wound up on the subsequent record in alternate form.

Really? I read such terrible reviews about that one, that I didn't dare to check it out. I guess I'll have to, now.

Date: February 11, 2012 14:46

Erik_Snow
StonesTod

Really? I read such terrible reviews about that one, that I didn't dare to check it out. I guess I'll have to, now.

if you liked another ticket (and it's one of my faves of his), you should like it just fine.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: February 11, 2012 14:50

StonesTod
Erik_Snow
StonesTod

if you liked another ticket (and it's one of my faves of his), you should like it just fine.

OK, thanks, I'll grab it, then. I like Another Ticket, yes

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: February 11, 2012 14:54

Some of Household objects came out on the DSOTM Immersion box.

I wouldn't say no to some decent Floyd gigs coming out on cd from 1968 to 1981.

Likewise, bob Dylan Toronto 1980: it was recorded for a live album, but CBS thought it wouldn't sell, as Bob was at the zenith of preaching the born-again gospel.

Johnny Cash Live at The Viper Club - I think it was 1993/94, on the back of the first American Recordings album, and Cash was completely unplugged.

Elvis Costello: 1986 concerts - A mixture of Attractions, Confederates, and the first Spinning Songbook.

Ray Charles: there has to be more Archive live recordings of him from the 60s and 70s. Come on Concord Music Group !

Booker T & The MGs: Again, some live recordings should be issued. There's a particularly feral Green Onions from 1967 that I really appreciate that is on a Stax box set.

Allman Bros Band: 1972/73 New Year's Eve at the Cow Palace. The Brothers & Sisters era band at their peak.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: February 11, 2012 15:00

Bonnie Raitt and Johnny Lee Schell Live - almost any show from their mid-eighties touring project.

Ry Cooder- Live at the Catalyst

The Archies - The lost tapes (just kidding) peace

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-11 15:07 by Naturalust.

Date: February 11, 2012 16:08

stones - memory hotel, where munichhilton will find his i need you checked in. fiji jim's in the there too.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: February 11, 2012 16:14

Mick Jagger & the Red Devils blues album would be a good one to release.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: February 11, 2012 16:16

Simon and Garfunkel - Hearts and Bones

the 1983 reuinion album that became a solo album when paul erased art's vocals, then told him about it in the same conversation in which he invited to art to see him marry carrie fisher

Date: February 11, 2012 16:21

Send It To me

the 1983 reuinion album that became a solo album when paul erased art's vocals, then told him about it in the same conversation in which he invited to art to see him marry carrie fisher

but it was to be called "think too much" with arties vox. i've heard it, and paul made the right call in scrubbing art's parts.

Date: February 11, 2012 16:45

StonesTod
fogerty - hoodoo. it's not as bad as he thinks...but he destroyed the tapes, so prolly not happening.

good call about the fogerty album. never heard of this clapton album

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: February 11, 2012 16:46

There must be some unreleased stuff from guys like Zappa and Coltrane that I like to hear....

2 1 2 0

Date: February 11, 2012 16:59

Come On
There must be some unreleased stuff from guys like Zappa and Coltrane that I like to hear....

coltrane, like jimi, was a recording junkie. never far from a mic and a tape-recorder. there's tons of stuff floating around from recording sessions and concerts...

Date: February 11, 2012 17:02

The new Xpensive Wino's album.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: February 11, 2012 17:04

me i want ~*all*~ famous unreleased albums to come out - that's what they're for, for crying in the dust!
for example The New Barbarians Coast to Coast (with a historically accurate photo book accompanying it, of course!)

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: February 11, 2012 17:48

StonesTod
Send It To me

but it was to be called "think too much" with arties vox. i've heard it, and paul made the right call in scrubbing art's parts.

Vocals by Crosby and Nash were recorded and then erased for the Long May You Run album, which pissed David and Graham off, but I don't know if it was ever regarded as or intended to be an "official" CSNY project. They did make safety copies though, so the stuff is in the vaults somewhere.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: February 11, 2012 17:54

The Police - Too Much Information, the alternates & outtakes
That would be a great listen...

Date: February 11, 2012 18:04

loog droog
StonesTod
Send It To me

Vocals by Crosby and Nash were recorded and then erased for the Long May You Run album, which pissed David and Graham off, but I don't know if it was ever regarded as or intended to be an "official" CSNY project. They did make safety copies though

always leave the safety on...

Date: February 11, 2012 18:16

i don't think crosby/nash recorded vocals for every song on long may you run but the CSNY version of the title track is on neil youngs DECADE. also 2 songs from that same sessions appeared on crosby/nash albums with the sills/young parts erased and re-recorded. those 2 songs were "taken at all" and "homeward through the haze" and the CSNY versions of these 2 songs are available on various boxsets.

anyways i hope one day the stuff CSNY recorded in the mid 70's gets rounded up and put in 1 place. i made a half assed version of HUMAN HIGHWAY. it contains 13 tracks. if anyone wants the tracklisting and where the songs i used can be found please feel free to ask

Posted by: letitloose ()
Date: February 11, 2012 18:22

The Marillion "Scottish" album that precipitated Fish's exit from the band.

Oh and Black in Black with Bon- just havin a laugh there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-11 18:23 by letitloose.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: February 11, 2012 18:33

It would be in e to have the Beatles original Get Back LP released, complete with original artwork and track listing. Let It Be Naked isn't really a compromise.

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: February 11, 2012 18:48

Big Al
It would be in e to have the Beatles original Get Back LP released, complete with original artwork and track listing. Let It Be Naked isn't really a compromise.

i guess the most tracks are now here and there,anthology ao.

Posted by: watts fan ()
Date: February 11, 2012 19:18

Jimi Hendrix - "Black Gold"

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: February 11, 2012 21:29

loog droog
StonesTod
Send It To me

Vocals by Crosby and Nash were recorded and then erased for the Long May You Run album, which pissed David and Graham off, but I don't know if it was ever regarded as or intended to be an "official" CSNY project. They did make safety copies though, so the stuff is in the vaults somewhere.

Wow! Never heard about this bit of Rock history. I too would LOVE to hear what icing they put on that cake. David and Graham were on top of their game then, had to be very good.

Neil obvioulsy had decided he was a solo artist and wanted those great songs for himself. It's his choice of course but if I ever hear those tracks and they are BETTER than the released Neil tracks....well I will be somewhat disappointed at the decision and Neil's motives. peace

Date: February 11, 2012 22:46

StonesTod

Acetates do exist. That's where the bootlegs come from.

Scotty,
Irvine, CA

Posted by: TheDailyBuzzherd ()
Date: February 11, 2012 22:53

"Stampede" indeed! But even though much of it is "... Again",
it would be a more rockin' LP. Dumb that so much was left in
the vaults all those years.

"Homegrown Objects" didn't have enough product to release,
although I've read some of those four complete tracks may
be released soon. Who knows. I think it was a good idea.

"Hoodoo". Could it really be worse than "Eye of the Zombie"?
Yeah ... I didn't thunk so neither.

Posted by: TheDailyBuzzherd ()
Date: February 11, 2012 22:55

keefriffhard4life
GumbootCloggeroo
Homegrown - Neil Young

think neil is releasing homegrown as part of his archive project

Yeah, but you'll have to rebuy 50% of other stuff with it, LoL.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1976
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home