Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

2 1 12
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: February 1, 2012 00:01

Universe Prepares For Intergalactic Prog Metal Day On 2-1-12
[www.bravewords.com]

As the cosmos prepares to realign in strange systems for the occasion, RUSH and progressive metal fans on Earth are gathering for the unique numerological event known in North America as 2-1-12, or Rush Day, a celebration of all things quirky, far-reaching, and progressive in heavy metal music.

Events and special celebrations of Rush and progressive metal have been announced by fans, music stores, media and a host of radio stations across the US and Canada.

Says progressive metal guru Jeff Wagner, author of Mean Deviation: Four Decades of Progressive Heavy Metal: "Rush's 2112 is probably the first album that can rightfully be called progressive metal, so it's only appropriate we blast the album from the rooftops, from our cars, from our iPods, from everywhere, to celebrate this landmark album and Rush's incredible longevity and lasting influence......

Re: 2 1 12
Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: February 1, 2012 03:56

Hmm. Since Rush is a Canadian band, and Geddy was born in the UK, I think the timing is off here. Canada / UK use the Day/Month/Year format, not Month/Day so 2112 would have been January 2nd.

Bummer.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: February 1, 2012 04:02

SomeTorontoGirl
Hmm. Since Rush is a Canadian band, and Geddy was born in the UK, I think the timing is off here. Canada / UK use the Day/Month/Year format, not Month/Day so 2112 would have been January 2nd.

Bummer.

Heck Ged didnt even write the words

Date: February 1, 2012 04:09

Munichhilton

The date's still wrong!! smiling smiley

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: February 1, 2012 04:28

SomeTorontoGirl
Munichhilton

The date's still wrong!! smiling smiley
No its not!!cool smiley
If you look at the date, above my post, it says February 1, 2012, if you replace the February with a 2, for the 2nd month of the year, then the date 2 1 12 is correct.

If you dont think so... if you dont have have fun with it... then I am sure they wont mind...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-01 04:38 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: February 1, 2012 05:05

Geddy born in the UK?, Source?

Date: February 1, 2012 06:48

Source was Geddy. Local radio guy Akex Hindmarch (also and ex-pat Brit) was making fun of him for being a "Limey" and he admitted he was born there. Their conversation aired at one point. Must have moved here very young. Just checked Wikipedia and it says he was born in Willowdale, Canada but I'm pretty sure that's wrong.

Posted by: Rialb ()
Date: February 1, 2012 07:11

Fantastic album.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-01 07:13 by Rialb.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 2, 2012 01:03

SomeTorontoGirl
Source was Geddy. Local radio guy Akex Hindmarch (also and ex-pat Brit) was making fun of him for being a "Limey" and he admitted he was born there. Their conversation aired at one point. Must have moved here very young. Just checked Wikipedia and it says he was born in Willowdale, Canada but I'm pretty sure that's wrong.
Wikipedia wrong?eye popping smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 829
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home